2nd National Conclave on Mines and Minerals  13-February,2017
- A Backgrounder on Exponential Technologies & Future of Human Species  02-February,2017
- A Note on Zonal Councils  31-January,2017
- Positive Action for Ensuring Safety on Roads  30-January,2017
- Role of Sericulture in building vibrant Rural India  30-January,2017
- Surya Jyoti  27-January,2017
- Atoms in the Service of the Nation  24-January,2017
- Dignity of life and respect for retiring government servants as well as pensioners  24-January,2017
- Two and a Half years achievements of Ministry of Railways (May 2014 to Nov 2016)  11-November,2016
- A note on initiatives and achievements of NITI Aayog for Economic Editors Conference-2016 organized by Press Information Bureau on 10th and 11th November, 2016, at National Media Centre (NMC), New Delhi.  11-November,2016
- Work done during 2015-16 and upto September 2017  10-November,2016
- Achievements in the last 2 years  10-November,2016
- Background material on various issues / development relating to Department of Expenditure for Economic Editor’s Conference-2016  10-November,2016
- Background Material for
Economic Editors’ conference (EEC)-2016
- Background Material for Economic Editor’s Conference - Department of Investment and Public Asset Management  10-November,2016
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
|Launch of New Tourism Campaign – “777 Days of Incredible Indian Himalaya” |
The Ministry of Tourism is proposing
to launch a new campaign titled “777 days of Incredible Indian Himalaya”
aimed at attracting both the national and international travellers. The campaign shall be launched by the
Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism Dr. K.Chiranjeevi
at a function in the Capital on 27th September, 2013 to coincide
with the World Tourism Day.
The objective of the campaign is to
spread awareness about the fact that 73% of Himalaya lie in India. Indian Himalayas is an incredible tourism
product that can attract both domestic and the international tourists that may have
interest in soft and hard Adventurism, the Flora and Fauna of The Himalaya and
the Himalayan culture. Till now, this unique product has not been promoted in
the national and international markets.
The campaign is an endeavour of the
Ministry of Tourism to make Indian Himalayas into a 365-day destination for the
travellers. The campaign will attract
more international travellers to India during the lean summer months and make India
a year round destination. Himalayan
tourism offers opportunities to the travellers round the year. In the winters,
Himalayas offer a great variety of adventure sports such as Skiing. Tourists can also enjoy the scenic beauty of
the snow-clad Himalayas. In summers,
tourists can enjoy expeditions in the Himalayas, White Water Rafting and also
adventure sports such as Mountain Trekking and Skiing. They can also enjoy the scenic beauty of the
attractive Flora and Fauna all around them.
The Himalaya are also of great relevance for
the Buddhist tourist on account of peace and serenity they offer. The Himalayas offer hues and colours of
variety of shades giving a unique experience.
As part of the function to launch
the unique campaign, the Ministry has proposed the following activities:-
on how to brand, promote and market the Indian Himalayas.
uniqueness of the product.
by the six Himalayan States viz., Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh
on How to develop Himalayas as a preferred tourist destination amongst
both the domestic and the foreign travellers.
of two new promotional films on Himalayas.
of a map of Himalayas.
Tour Operators Association of India (ATOAI) is collaborating with the Ministry
of Tourism in this campaign and they have designed special adventure programmes
running over the next 777 days starting from 27th September, 2013.
of Tourism hopes that this new campaign will give centrestage
for the Indian Himalaya on the World Tourism Map.
(Media & Communication)