English Release 2-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates Germany on the occasion of Unification Day
- President pays floral tributes to Mahatma Gandhi and Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Prime Minister's Office
- Swachh Bharat Mission: Sidelights
- PM makes surprise visit to Mandir Marg police station, New Delhi
- PM launches Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan
- PM pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi ji and Lal Bahadur Shastri ji, on their birth anniversary
- Min of Civil Aviation
- Airports Undertake “Swachh Bharat” Drive
- Min of Defence
- Swachhata Shapath Samaroh by Indian Army
- Ministry of Finance
- 5.29 Crore Accounts Opened under PMJDY-3.12 Crore in Rural and 2.17 Crore in Urban Areas; RuPay Card issued in 1.78 Crore Accounts
- Min of Power
- One Lakh Toilets in Schools to be constructed by Energy PSUs within a Year : Piyush Goyal
- Address by Shri Piyush Goyal in connection with
Swachh Bharat Mission
- Min of Rural Development
- 20 Lakh Rupees to Every Village per annum in the Country for Swachhta Mission-Gadkari
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance on Day 13 at Asian Games 2014
Prime Minister's Office02-October, 2014 13:52 IST
|Swachh Bharat Mission: Sidelights|
•The spirit of Swachh Bharat reverberated through the city of Delhi today.
•The Prime Minister was welcomed by five thousand children with loud cheer. Children were enthusiastically waving flags and placards in support of cleanliness drive.
•Film on Swachhta Mission was watched with rapt attention by everyone present.
•Before administrating the oath, renowned actor and social activists, Shri Aamir Khan was called on the stage and then the pledge was administrated by the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister asked everyone to raise their hands and think of Mahatma Gandhi while taking the oath.
•To the utter delight of the children the Prime Minister started walked with them for some distance, despite being on fast, after flagging off the Walkathon.
•People from all walks from life gathered at Rajpath on the occasion.
•At Valmiki Basti, the Prime Minister exhorted children to become "Swachhta Senanis"
(Release ID :110252)