English Release 5-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- Writers/Artists in Residence Programme 2015 to be held in Rashtrapati Bhavan from MARCH 7 – 21, 2015
- Closure of Mughal Gardens on account of Holi
- President’s Holi greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President greets citizens on Holi
- Prime Minister's Office
- Leander Paes and Martina Hingis call on PM
- PM's remarks on the occasion of dedication to the nation of Stage 1 of Shree Singaji Thermal Power Plant at Khandwa
- PM greets the people on the festival of Holi
- Department of Space
- Launch of PSLV-C27 with IRNSS-1D postponed
- Election Commission
- Biennial Election to Elect 5 Members to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council by the Members of the Legislative Assembly
- Min of Agriculture
- Sowing Area Under Rabi Rice and Summer Pulses And Oilseeds
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Sh. Hansraj Gangaram Ahir, Union Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers meets Sh. Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister for Agriculture to discuss
imbalanced use of Urea by Fertilizers
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- The Auction of Spectrum in 2015
in 2100 MHz, 1800 MHz, 900 MHz And 800 MHz Bands Continue
- The Auction of Spectrum in 2015
in 2100 MHz, 1800 MHz, 900 MHz and 800 MHz Bands Continues
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- There will be no cut in the coverage of National Food Security Act –Shri Ram Vilas Paswan
- Min of Defence
- India Reaches out to Nepal to Help Clear Blocked Runway
- Ministry of Finance
- Gross Direct Tax Collection during April-February of the Financial Year 2014-15 is up by 10.67 Percent
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Health Secretary launches Public Service Advertisement and Poster on Tobacco Control featuring Shri Rahul Dravid
- Health Ministry to celebrate International Women’s Day as ‘Safe Motherhood Day’: Shri J P Nadda
- Min of Home Affairs
- Shri Amarnathji Yatra from 2nd July to 29th August, 2015
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan
- History of North East in NCERT Curriculum
- Education to Minorities
- Min of Law & Justice
- Press Communique on Appointment of a Judge of the J&K High Court
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.51 per bbl on 04.03.2015
- Min of Science & Technology
- Signing of MOA Between NRDC and CCRAS
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Railways to implement SOPs for restoration/rehabilitation of helpless children in contact with Railways
Department of Atomic Energy13-January, 2014 18:10 IST
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan sigh Lays Foundation Stone of 2800 MW Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (Nuclear Power Project)
Says Nuclear Power Plant will Usher in Opening of New Vista’s of Development |
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today laid the foundation stone of 2800 Megawatt Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (Nuclear Power Project) in the Gorakhpur Village of Fatehabad district of Haryna. He was accompanied by Shri Jagannath Pahadia, Governer of Haryana and Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda. |
Detailing the specifications of GHAVP Dr. Manmohan Singh said the 1st phase will see the commissioning of two units producing 1400 MWe of electricity. The Commissioning of 1st phase will be completed by 2020-21. The second phase will start after that which will double the capacity tio full 2800 MWe,
The Prime Minister said Nuclear Energy is one of the safest and clean option for electricity. India is among those few nations where technology to establish nuclear power projects has been developed. Today we are capable of producing 4800 MW power and in the coming 10 years we will be able to produce more than 27,000 MW of electricity.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said this nuclear Power project based on the indigenous technology developed by our scientists and we are proud of it. The Technology being used in this project is very effective and duly tested. The types of reactors established here will also be commissioned in Kakrapar of Gujarat and Rawatbhata of Rajasthan. Also, the state of art and most advanced security measures will be enacted in this project.
He also emphasised on the international cooperation in coping with the energy requirements of country.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said the environmental concerns have already been addressed before approving this projects, He said no one will be displaced from his house while commissioning of this project. He also stated that persons giving their land for this project will be given an annual additional money for next 33 years in addition to compensation. Around 8-10 thousand person are also expected to get employment during 1st phase through contractual assignments. He further expressed the hope that on completion and commissioning of all the four units of 700 MW each in this project , the energy needs of country particularly Haryana will be fulfilled to a large extent as half of this will be for It is bound to produce local employment also. Priority will be given to persons who are likely to be affected by this project.
Dr. Manmohan sigh lauded the role of NPCIL and DAE authorities in the progress so far made.
Gorakhpur Anu Vidyut Pariyajana (GHAVP-1 to 4) is an ambitious initiative of The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, A Govt. of India Enterprise. Being built at an estimated cost of Rs. 20,594 Crore, this will be the 1st Nuclear Power Plant of Haryana and will be 21st in the country. For it the Haryana State Government has provided 1319 Acre ( 534 Hectare) land for the project and neqrly 186 acre (75 Hectare) for the housing colonies of plant personnel and CISF personnel.
The proposed 700 MWe PHWR rectors are indigenous and similar o the ones currently under construction in Gujrat State (KAPP-3 &$) and Rajasthan state (RAPP-7 & 8). Also, the reactor size and the design features of 700 MWe are similar to that of 540 MWe of TAPP 3 &4 Units, except that partial boiling of the coolant upto about 3% (nominal ) at the coolant channel exit has been allowed.
The function witnessed the presence of by Shri Jagannath Pahadia, Governer of Haryana and Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Ms. Sailaja, Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment and Dr. Ashok Tanwar, MP from SIRSA.
The function was moderated by DR. r.k.Sihha, Secretary Deptt. Of Atomic Energy and Chaiman Atomic Energy Commision. The Chairman of NPCIL Shri K.C. Purohit was also present on the occasion.
(Release ID :102476)