English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys greetings on United Nations Day
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- DIPP Constitutes IPR Think Tank to Draft National Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Min of Defence
- Brave Heart NCC Cadets Rescue Middle Aged Woman
from River Yamuna
- Ministry of Finance
- Government approves Twenty (20) Proposals of Foreign Direct Investment amounting to Rs 988.3 Crore
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister addresses 53rd Raising Day Function of Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Modified DBTL Scheme
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Department of Atomic Energy13-January, 2014 18:10 IST
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan sigh Lays Foundation Stone of 2800 MW Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (Nuclear Power Project)
Says Nuclear Power Plant will Usher in Opening of New Vista’s of Development |
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today laid the foundation stone of 2800 Megawatt Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (Nuclear Power Project) in the Gorakhpur Village of Fatehabad district of Haryna. He was accompanied by Shri Jagannath Pahadia, Governer of Haryana and Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda. |
Detailing the specifications of GHAVP Dr. Manmohan Singh said the 1st phase will see the commissioning of two units producing 1400 MWe of electricity. The Commissioning of 1st phase will be completed by 2020-21. The second phase will start after that which will double the capacity tio full 2800 MWe,
The Prime Minister said Nuclear Energy is one of the safest and clean option for electricity. India is among those few nations where technology to establish nuclear power projects has been developed. Today we are capable of producing 4800 MW power and in the coming 10 years we will be able to produce more than 27,000 MW of electricity.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said this nuclear Power project based on the indigenous technology developed by our scientists and we are proud of it. The Technology being used in this project is very effective and duly tested. The types of reactors established here will also be commissioned in Kakrapar of Gujarat and Rawatbhata of Rajasthan. Also, the state of art and most advanced security measures will be enacted in this project.
He also emphasised on the international cooperation in coping with the energy requirements of country.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said the environmental concerns have already been addressed before approving this projects, He said no one will be displaced from his house while commissioning of this project. He also stated that persons giving their land for this project will be given an annual additional money for next 33 years in addition to compensation. Around 8-10 thousand person are also expected to get employment during 1st phase through contractual assignments. He further expressed the hope that on completion and commissioning of all the four units of 700 MW each in this project , the energy needs of country particularly Haryana will be fulfilled to a large extent as half of this will be for It is bound to produce local employment also. Priority will be given to persons who are likely to be affected by this project.
Dr. Manmohan sigh lauded the role of NPCIL and DAE authorities in the progress so far made.
Gorakhpur Anu Vidyut Pariyajana (GHAVP-1 to 4) is an ambitious initiative of The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, A Govt. of India Enterprise. Being built at an estimated cost of Rs. 20,594 Crore, this will be the 1st Nuclear Power Plant of Haryana and will be 21st in the country. For it the Haryana State Government has provided 1319 Acre ( 534 Hectare) land for the project and neqrly 186 acre (75 Hectare) for the housing colonies of plant personnel and CISF personnel.
The proposed 700 MWe PHWR rectors are indigenous and similar o the ones currently under construction in Gujrat State (KAPP-3 &$) and Rajasthan state (RAPP-7 & 8). Also, the reactor size and the design features of 700 MWe are similar to that of 540 MWe of TAPP 3 &4 Units, except that partial boiling of the coolant upto about 3% (nominal ) at the coolant channel exit has been allowed.
The function witnessed the presence of by Shri Jagannath Pahadia, Governer of Haryana and Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Ms. Sailaja, Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment and Dr. Ashok Tanwar, MP from SIRSA.
The function was moderated by DR. r.k.Sihha, Secretary Deptt. Of Atomic Energy and Chaiman Atomic Energy Commision. The Chairman of NPCIL Shri K.C. Purohit was also present on the occasion.
(Release ID :102476)