English Release 31-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Education will be the single biggest transformative factor in catapulting India into the league of developed nations, says President
- President of India congratulates Pankaj Advani on achieving 12th world title in Leeds
- President pays floral tributes to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of PM’s address at 'Run For Unity' at Rajpath on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- PM receives personal belongings of Sardar Patel, on his 139th birth anniversary
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), September, 2014
- Department of Commerce calls for creative participation for India’s participation at Hannover Messe
- Min of Defence
- Minor Incident Involving Naval Ship
- Indian Warships Visit to Port Louis
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
Major Focus of the Government is to Bring Back the Growth Momentum: Finance Minister
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.30 per cent Government Stock, 2040’
Auction for Sale of a new Government Stock of 19 Years
Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.60 per cent Government Stock, 2028’
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of ‘8.27 per cent Government Stock, 2020’
- Subash Chandra Garg Relieved to take up His New Assignment As Executive Director, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as Secretry, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- MoU with Spain on organ transplantation soon
- Min of Home Affairs
- MoS Home Kiren Rijiju participates in ‘Run for Unity’
- Text of Home Minister's speech at NPA, Hyderabad
- Cyber Crime Prevention Strategy will be Strengthened: Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh
- Home Secretary Administers Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Pledge
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Human Resource Development
- 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers Held
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2014 Declaration of Result of Written Part
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Constitution of Steering Committee for successful implementation of “Make in India” campaign in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Protection Force hosting 15th All Indian Police Band Competition
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Institute of Driving Training & Research to be inaugurated tomorrow at Pune
- Electronic Toll Collection System makes Delhi-Mumbai Drive Faster and Cheaper
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on October 30, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- SRB to be raised by 10 basis points every year
Department of Atomic Energy13-January, 2014 18:10 IST
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan sigh Lays Foundation Stone of 2800 MW Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (Nuclear Power Project)
Says Nuclear Power Plant will Usher in Opening of New Vista’s of Development |
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today laid the foundation stone of 2800 Megawatt Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (Nuclear Power Project) in the Gorakhpur Village of Fatehabad district of Haryna. He was accompanied by Shri Jagannath Pahadia, Governer of Haryana and Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda. |
Detailing the specifications of GHAVP Dr. Manmohan Singh said the 1st phase will see the commissioning of two units producing 1400 MWe of electricity. The Commissioning of 1st phase will be completed by 2020-21. The second phase will start after that which will double the capacity tio full 2800 MWe,
The Prime Minister said Nuclear Energy is one of the safest and clean option for electricity. India is among those few nations where technology to establish nuclear power projects has been developed. Today we are capable of producing 4800 MW power and in the coming 10 years we will be able to produce more than 27,000 MW of electricity.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said this nuclear Power project based on the indigenous technology developed by our scientists and we are proud of it. The Technology being used in this project is very effective and duly tested. The types of reactors established here will also be commissioned in Kakrapar of Gujarat and Rawatbhata of Rajasthan. Also, the state of art and most advanced security measures will be enacted in this project.
He also emphasised on the international cooperation in coping with the energy requirements of country.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said the environmental concerns have already been addressed before approving this projects, He said no one will be displaced from his house while commissioning of this project. He also stated that persons giving their land for this project will be given an annual additional money for next 33 years in addition to compensation. Around 8-10 thousand person are also expected to get employment during 1st phase through contractual assignments. He further expressed the hope that on completion and commissioning of all the four units of 700 MW each in this project , the energy needs of country particularly Haryana will be fulfilled to a large extent as half of this will be for It is bound to produce local employment also. Priority will be given to persons who are likely to be affected by this project.
Dr. Manmohan sigh lauded the role of NPCIL and DAE authorities in the progress so far made.
Gorakhpur Anu Vidyut Pariyajana (GHAVP-1 to 4) is an ambitious initiative of The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, A Govt. of India Enterprise. Being built at an estimated cost of Rs. 20,594 Crore, this will be the 1st Nuclear Power Plant of Haryana and will be 21st in the country. For it the Haryana State Government has provided 1319 Acre ( 534 Hectare) land for the project and neqrly 186 acre (75 Hectare) for the housing colonies of plant personnel and CISF personnel.
The proposed 700 MWe PHWR rectors are indigenous and similar o the ones currently under construction in Gujrat State (KAPP-3 &$) and Rajasthan state (RAPP-7 & 8). Also, the reactor size and the design features of 700 MWe are similar to that of 540 MWe of TAPP 3 &4 Units, except that partial boiling of the coolant upto about 3% (nominal ) at the coolant channel exit has been allowed.
The function witnessed the presence of by Shri Jagannath Pahadia, Governer of Haryana and Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Ms. Sailaja, Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment and Dr. Ashok Tanwar, MP from SIRSA.
The function was moderated by DR. r.k.Sihha, Secretary Deptt. Of Atomic Energy and Chaiman Atomic Energy Commision. The Chairman of NPCIL Shri K.C. Purohit was also present on the occasion.
(Release ID :102476)