English Release 20-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Congratulates Indian men and women Kabaddi teams for winning Kabaddi World Cups
- PM attends meeting of Somnath Trust
- Min of Home Affairs
- H.P. Chaudhary advises SSB to face challenges with commitment and confidence
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Shri Arun Jaitley inaugurates Multimedia Exhibition on Former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Winter Session of Parliament enters final lap; Rajya Sabha still to decide on crucial Bills
Lok Sabha’s productivity rises to 105% while that of Rajya Sabha declines to 68%
Lok Sabha so far clears a record 17 Bills and Rajya Sabha only 11
Introduction of GST Bill in Lok Sabha, passing of labour reform Bills mark the high points of session
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Nitin Gadkari calls upon the Industry to invest in development of Inland Waterways
- Min of Urban Development
National Level City Stakeholder Consultation held to finalize guidelines for HRIDAY Scheme; Shri Venkaiah Naidu emphasizes that the future development of any city must take into consideration its nature, history, and culture
LED based energy efficient smartstreet lights launched in Delhi by the Union Urban Development Minister Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu; Says that the Government is committed to work for development and betterment of the masses
Election Commission08-February, 2004 16:50 IST
|T.S. Krishnamurthy takes over as Chief Election Commissioner
N. Gopalaswamy joins as Election Commissioner
|Shri T.S. Krishnamurthy took over as new Chief Election Commissioner of India here today. Earlier, serving the Commission as Election Commissioner, Shri Krishnamurthy has succeeded Shri J.M. Lyngdoh who laid off his office yesterday after completing his tenure.
Shri Krishnamurthy, who started his career as an Indian Revenue Service Officer served at various levels, including the Secretary, Department of Company Affairs. He joined Election Commission of India in January, 2000 as Election Commissioner.
Shri N. Gopalaswamy, former Home Secretary also took over as Election Commissioner of India today. An IAS Officer (Gujarat Cadre) he had held several positions including Member Planning Commission and the Secretary, Culture, Government of India.
While briefing the mediapersons, after taking over as the Chief Election Commissioner, Shri T.S. Krishnamurthy said that the Commission was seized of the preparations for forthcoming General Election. He said, efforts would be made to conduct Lok Sabha and Assembly polls simultaneously wherever due. Regarding the number of phases for polling, Shri Krishnamurthy indicated that the commission would try to have polling in less than five phases. Due consideration would also be given to the dates of Central and State Board examinations, while finalizing the poll dates. He added that the Election Commission will have discussions with the Home Ministry, Chief Secretaries and Director Generals of Police of the States before finalizing the dates.
(Release ID :1042)