English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Election Commission08-February, 2004 16:50 IST
|T.S. Krishnamurthy takes over as Chief Election Commissioner
N. Gopalaswamy joins as Election Commissioner
|Shri T.S. Krishnamurthy took over as new Chief Election Commissioner of India here today. Earlier, serving the Commission as Election Commissioner, Shri Krishnamurthy has succeeded Shri J.M. Lyngdoh who laid off his office yesterday after completing his tenure.
Shri Krishnamurthy, who started his career as an Indian Revenue Service Officer served at various levels, including the Secretary, Department of Company Affairs. He joined Election Commission of India in January, 2000 as Election Commissioner.
Shri N. Gopalaswamy, former Home Secretary also took over as Election Commissioner of India today. An IAS Officer (Gujarat Cadre) he had held several positions including Member Planning Commission and the Secretary, Culture, Government of India.
While briefing the mediapersons, after taking over as the Chief Election Commissioner, Shri T.S. Krishnamurthy said that the Commission was seized of the preparations for forthcoming General Election. He said, efforts would be made to conduct Lok Sabha and Assembly polls simultaneously wherever due. Regarding the number of phases for polling, Shri Krishnamurthy indicated that the commission would try to have polling in less than five phases. Due consideration would also be given to the dates of Central and State Board examinations, while finalizing the poll dates. He added that the Election Commission will have discussions with the Home Ministry, Chief Secretaries and Director Generals of Police of the States before finalizing the dates.
(Release ID :1042)