English Release 22-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Writers and Artists ‘In-Residence’ call on the President
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Saudi Arabia
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Haryana & Maharashtra 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 1015 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Min of Defence
- BRO Annual Chief Engineers’ Conference 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Home Affairs
- Security is the first and foremost requirement for development says; Union Home Minister
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.35 per bbl on 19.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs & Sports Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian Medal Winners at Asian Games 2014
Ministry of Home Affairs29-November, 2005 17:37 IST
|Constitution of National Disaster Response Force|
The Government has constituted National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) consisting of 8 battalions of Central Para-Military Forces - two battalions each from the Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) for the purpose of specialist response in disaster situations. The process of the training and equipping of battalions is in progress.
These eight NDRF battalions would be positioned at Arrakonam(Chennai), Mundali(Bhubneshwar), Greater Noida, Chandigarh, Barasat(Kolkata), Guwahati(Assam), Pune(Maharashtra) and Gandhinagar(Gujarat). In addition, 16 Regional Response Centres (RRCs) of NDRF battalions are being set up across the country to enable immediate response to natural calamities.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Home, Shri S. Regupathy in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :13656)