English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Science & Technology16-March, 2006 17:38 IST
|S&T organizations sign MoU with California University|
|In a landmark research agreement with international dimensions India’s premier science and technology organizations, including the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), the Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC), TIFAC, Indo-US S&T Forum, Amrita University, IIT Kanpur, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, and SETS, have signed a 5-year agreement with the ten campus University of California System to carry out ground breaking research in globally challenging and impactful areas. A Memorandum of Understanding was signed by DST Secretary Prof. V.S. Ramamurthy with the 8-member University of California delegation, in the presence of Shri Kapil Sibal, Minister for Science & Technology and Ocean Development, at New Delhi.
This initiative takes the collaboration between the University of California System, with its ten campuses and four Institutes for science and Innovation and leading Indian scientific organizations and universities, to a far deeper level in areas of science, technology, research and education. It will dramatically strengthen joint research and educational collaborations, and will build on the recent US-India collaborations in engineering education, expanding the focus to a wide range of disciplines aimed at providing solutions to common pressing challenges that will yield long-term benefits to the competitiveness and security of India and the US.
Areas of collaboration include, biomedical and digital healthcare technologies, drug design and delivery systems, study of emerging infectious diseases, wireless and mobile communication, intelligent transportation
systems, telematics, information technology and cybersecurity, technologies for disaster warning, mitigation and management, nanobiosciences, nanomedicine, and nanotechnology, energy, including a focus on solar energy and bio-fuels, agricultural biotechnologies and food security, biodiversity, with an emphasis on marine systems, water quality and quantity, global warming and climate change studies.
For the purpose of effective implementation of this Memorandum, a bi-national Joint Steering Committee (JSC) is being established.
With a desire to provide a fertile ground and support for a successful blooming of this landmark UC-India Initiative, both UC and Indian Scientific Organizations intend to provide adequate support. Funding limits have been set at $10 million on the US side, and matching funds from Indian side, depending upon the requirements of the subject approved for each of next five years.
The University of California (UC), with its ten campuses, five academic medical centers, an annual budget of $19 billion, 200,000 students, and 155,000 faculty and staff, has grown to become one of the world’s leading centers of research and education.
(Release ID :16613)