English Release 22-September 2014
- Min of Defence
- BRO Annual Chief Engineers’ Conference 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.35 per bbl on 19.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs & Sports Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian Medal Winners at Asian Games 2014
Ministry of Textiles23-May, 2006 19:16 IST
|The National Institute of Fashion Technology Bill, 2005 passed by Parliament|
|Parliament has passed the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Bill, 2005. With the passing of the Bill, NIFT will get a statutory status and will formally recognize the contribution and pre-eminent role played by the premier institution for its leadership role in the fashion industry, business and crafts.
The legislation would enable NIFT to award degrees and other academic distinctions to facilitate pursuit of higher studies by NIFT graduates.
The Bill was introduced in the Rajya Sabha in December, 2005. It was passed by the Upper House last week. The Lok Sabha approved the legislation yesterday.
(Release ID :17995)