English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Textiles23-May, 2006 19:16 IST
|The National Institute of Fashion Technology Bill, 2005 passed by Parliament|
|Parliament has passed the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Bill, 2005. With the passing of the Bill, NIFT will get a statutory status and will formally recognize the contribution and pre-eminent role played by the premier institution for its leadership role in the fashion industry, business and crafts.
The legislation would enable NIFT to award degrees and other academic distinctions to facilitate pursuit of higher studies by NIFT graduates.
The Bill was introduced in the Rajya Sabha in December, 2005. It was passed by the Upper House last week. The Lok Sabha approved the legislation yesterday.
(Release ID :17995)