English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Civil Aviation
DGCA Allows Use of Cellphone During Flight
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology20-July, 2006 17:12 IST
|DoT orders Internet Service Providers to block only the specified webpages/websites|
|The Department of Telecom (DoT) has instructed all the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the country to block only the specified website/webpages on the parent website. The DoT, in its letter issued to all the ISPs has mentioned that it had come to notice that in some cases the parent website had been blocked in contravention to what was stated in its earlier order dated 13th July 2006 whereby it ordered the ISPs to block certain websites/webpages.
As such the DoT has now directed all the ISPs to strictly comply with the order dated 13th July 2006 and provide unhindered access to Internet except for the websites/webpages which have been specifically mentioned in its orders issued from time to time.
The DoT has further sought explanation from the erring ISPs as to why action be not taken against them for blocking unintended websites/webpages.
RM/AMA- 200706 Webpages blocking
(Release ID :18954)