English Release 5-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Holi greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President greets citizens on Holi
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks on the occasion of dedication to the nation of Stage 1 of Shree Singaji Thermal Power Plant at Khandwa
- PM greets the people on the festival of Holi
- Department of Space
- Launch of PSLV-C27 with IRNSS-1D postponed
- Election Commission
- Biennial Election to Elect 5 Members to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council by the Members of the Legislative Assembly
- Min of Agriculture
- Sowing Area Under Rabi Rice and Summer Pulses And Oilseeds
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- The Auction of Spectrum in 2015
in 2100 MHz, 1800 MHz, 900 MHz and 800 MHz Bands Continues
- Ministry of Finance
- Gross Direct Tax Collection during April-February of the Financial Year 2014-15 is up by 10.67 Percent
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Health Secretary launches Public Service Advertisement and Poster on Tobacco Control featuring Shri Rahul Dravid
- Health Ministry to celebrate International Women’s Day as ‘Safe Motherhood Day’: Shri J P Nadda
- Min of Home Affairs
- Shri Amarnathji Yatra from 2nd July to 29th August, 2015
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan
- History of North East in NCERT Curriculum
- Education to Minorities
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.51 per bbl on 04.03.2015
- Min of Science & Technology
- Signing of MOA Between NRDC and CCRAS
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting28-July, 2006 18:41 IST
Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up
B. Saroja Devi to head Feature Film Jury
|The selection process of 53rd National Film Awards has begun with constitution of three juries for feature film, non-feature film & Best writing on Cinema sections.
Smt. B. Saroja Devi, renowned film actress from Karnataka, who has acted in over 180 feature films across languages heads the jury for ‘Feature Film’ section. Other members of the jury are Shri P.H. Vishwanath, Film Director, Shri Katte Ramachandra, Film Director, Shri B. S. Loganath, Veteran Cinematographer, Ms. Seema Biswas, Actress, Shri P. Sudershan, Art Director, Shri Shyamaprasad, Film Director, Ms. Shyamali Deb Banerjee, Film Critic, Ms. Meena Debbarma, Actress, Shri Anwar Ali, Actor/Producer, Ms. Ina Puri, Art Curator Writer and Film Critic and Shri Ashok Saran, Film Director.
Shri Siddharath Kak heads the ‘Non-Feature Film’ jury. Other members of the jury are, Shri Chinmoya Nath, Audiographer, Ms. Sangeeta Tamuli, Producer/Director, Shri Kishore Dang, Director, Shri Kireet Khurana, Animator/Director, Shri A.B. Tripathi, Script Writer and Film Critic.
The Jury for Best Writing on Cinema is headed by Shri Khalid Mohammed. Other members of the jury are Ms. Ratnottama Sengupta and Shri Amitabh Parashar, both Film Critics.
The juries are expected to submit their recommendations to the Government of India by August 17, 2006 after watching nearly 20,000 minutes of cinema. This year the feature film section holds 125 entries while non-feature film section has over 160 entries.
The Awards aim at encouraging the production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance contributing to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different regions of the country in cinematic form.
(Release ID :19244)