English Release 29-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- University of Hyderabad wins visitor’s award for ‘Best University’
- President of India’s message on Anti Leprosy Day
- Vice President's Secretariat
- VICE PRESIDENT RELEASES ‘DISTRICT DEVELOPMENT AND DIVERSITY INDEX REPORT FOR INDIA AND MAJOR STATES’
- Prime Minister's Office
- CMD, New Indian Express, presents a cheque of Rs. 1.35 crore towards Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance- Delhi
- Min of Culture
- Renowned singer, music composer, lyricist and actor Shekhar Sen appointed as Chairman of Sangeet Natak Akademi
- Min of Defence
- Republic Day Parade – 2015 Awards Announced; Brigade of Guards Regiment & Sikh Regiment Adjudged Joint Winners of Marching Contingent Amongst Services
- Ministry of Finance
- Jayant Sinha, Minister of State for Finance Emphasises the Need for Innovative Product Development in an Ever Expanding Capital Market;
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Union Labour Minister Shri Bandaru Dattatreya Inaugurates Special Corporate Office of EPFO in Mumbai
- Min of Law & Justice
- Shri Justice Narayanan Nadar Paul Vasanthakumar Appointed Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
Union Minister of MSME visits NSIC Incubation Centre Guwahati
- Min of Mines
- Mines Ministry holds one-day Workshop in Odisha with State Governments and other stakeholders to explain the provisions of MMDR Ordinance
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- 18th National Conference on e-Governance
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Conventional on Pahal
- Global Crude Oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 46.55 per bbl on 28.01.2015
- Min of Science & Technology
- New CMD Joins National Research Development Corporation (NRDC)
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister of Philippines Mr Ramon R. Jimenez calls on his Indian counterpart Dr Mahesh Sharma
- Min of Urban Development
- Two day consultations with states on smart cities from tomorrow
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Sports Ministry Enhances Award Money for Medal Winners in International Events and their Coaches
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting28-July, 2006 18:41 IST
Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up
B. Saroja Devi to head Feature Film Jury
|The selection process of 53rd National Film Awards has begun with constitution of three juries for feature film, non-feature film & Best writing on Cinema sections.
Smt. B. Saroja Devi, renowned film actress from Karnataka, who has acted in over 180 feature films across languages heads the jury for ‘Feature Film’ section. Other members of the jury are Shri P.H. Vishwanath, Film Director, Shri Katte Ramachandra, Film Director, Shri B. S. Loganath, Veteran Cinematographer, Ms. Seema Biswas, Actress, Shri P. Sudershan, Art Director, Shri Shyamaprasad, Film Director, Ms. Shyamali Deb Banerjee, Film Critic, Ms. Meena Debbarma, Actress, Shri Anwar Ali, Actor/Producer, Ms. Ina Puri, Art Curator Writer and Film Critic and Shri Ashok Saran, Film Director.
Shri Siddharath Kak heads the ‘Non-Feature Film’ jury. Other members of the jury are, Shri Chinmoya Nath, Audiographer, Ms. Sangeeta Tamuli, Producer/Director, Shri Kishore Dang, Director, Shri Kireet Khurana, Animator/Director, Shri A.B. Tripathi, Script Writer and Film Critic.
The Jury for Best Writing on Cinema is headed by Shri Khalid Mohammed. Other members of the jury are Ms. Ratnottama Sengupta and Shri Amitabh Parashar, both Film Critics.
The juries are expected to submit their recommendations to the Government of India by August 17, 2006 after watching nearly 20,000 minutes of cinema. This year the feature film section holds 125 entries while non-feature film section has over 160 entries.
The Awards aim at encouraging the production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance contributing to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different regions of the country in cinematic form.
(Release ID :19244)