English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
- Prime Minister confident of a productive Winter Session of Parliament beginning tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting28-July, 2006 18:41 IST
Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up
B. Saroja Devi to head Feature Film Jury
|The selection process of 53rd National Film Awards has begun with constitution of three juries for feature film, non-feature film & Best writing on Cinema sections.
Smt. B. Saroja Devi, renowned film actress from Karnataka, who has acted in over 180 feature films across languages heads the jury for ‘Feature Film’ section. Other members of the jury are Shri P.H. Vishwanath, Film Director, Shri Katte Ramachandra, Film Director, Shri B. S. Loganath, Veteran Cinematographer, Ms. Seema Biswas, Actress, Shri P. Sudershan, Art Director, Shri Shyamaprasad, Film Director, Ms. Shyamali Deb Banerjee, Film Critic, Ms. Meena Debbarma, Actress, Shri Anwar Ali, Actor/Producer, Ms. Ina Puri, Art Curator Writer and Film Critic and Shri Ashok Saran, Film Director.
Shri Siddharath Kak heads the ‘Non-Feature Film’ jury. Other members of the jury are, Shri Chinmoya Nath, Audiographer, Ms. Sangeeta Tamuli, Producer/Director, Shri Kishore Dang, Director, Shri Kireet Khurana, Animator/Director, Shri A.B. Tripathi, Script Writer and Film Critic.
The Jury for Best Writing on Cinema is headed by Shri Khalid Mohammed. Other members of the jury are Ms. Ratnottama Sengupta and Shri Amitabh Parashar, both Film Critics.
The juries are expected to submit their recommendations to the Government of India by August 17, 2006 after watching nearly 20,000 minutes of cinema. This year the feature film section holds 125 entries while non-feature film section has over 160 entries.
The Awards aim at encouraging the production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance contributing to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different regions of the country in cinematic form.
(Release ID :19244)