English Release 16-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by Hon'ble President at the banquet
hosted by President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Hanoi, 15 September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- India-China ties from “Inch towards Miles”
- Steel and Mines PSUs donate Rs. 15 crore to PMNRF
- Min of Agriculture
- National Livestock Mission (NLM) to Ensure Quantitative and Qualitative Improvement in Livestock Production
- Min of Defence
- Round up at 1300 hrs --- Number of People Rescued Crosses 2,37,000 in J&K
- Min of Environment and Forests
Environmental norms to be made stringent and practical, stakeholders to be consulted: Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Making students aware of sustainable development is the real protection of environment: Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Biodiversity informatics vital for sustainable growth
- Ministry of Finance
India Signs Loan Agreement with ADB Worth $63.3 Million for Improving Urban Services and Strengthening Municipal and Project Management Capacity in Several Towns in North Karnataka
- Min of Home Affairs
- Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers / Secretaries of Interior / Home and SAARC Immigration Authorities
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Labour Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar Underscores the Role of Education, says a Single Step by Everyone Takes India Ahead by 1.25 billion Steps
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.50 per bbl on 15.09.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Axis Bank Joins ETC Implementation Plan of Road Transport & Highways Ministry
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting28-July, 2006 18:41 IST
Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up
B. Saroja Devi to head Feature Film Jury
|The selection process of 53rd National Film Awards has begun with constitution of three juries for feature film, non-feature film & Best writing on Cinema sections.
Smt. B. Saroja Devi, renowned film actress from Karnataka, who has acted in over 180 feature films across languages heads the jury for ‘Feature Film’ section. Other members of the jury are Shri P.H. Vishwanath, Film Director, Shri Katte Ramachandra, Film Director, Shri B. S. Loganath, Veteran Cinematographer, Ms. Seema Biswas, Actress, Shri P. Sudershan, Art Director, Shri Shyamaprasad, Film Director, Ms. Shyamali Deb Banerjee, Film Critic, Ms. Meena Debbarma, Actress, Shri Anwar Ali, Actor/Producer, Ms. Ina Puri, Art Curator Writer and Film Critic and Shri Ashok Saran, Film Director.
Shri Siddharath Kak heads the ‘Non-Feature Film’ jury. Other members of the jury are, Shri Chinmoya Nath, Audiographer, Ms. Sangeeta Tamuli, Producer/Director, Shri Kishore Dang, Director, Shri Kireet Khurana, Animator/Director, Shri A.B. Tripathi, Script Writer and Film Critic.
The Jury for Best Writing on Cinema is headed by Shri Khalid Mohammed. Other members of the jury are Ms. Ratnottama Sengupta and Shri Amitabh Parashar, both Film Critics.
The juries are expected to submit their recommendations to the Government of India by August 17, 2006 after watching nearly 20,000 minutes of cinema. This year the feature film section holds 125 entries while non-feature film section has over 160 entries.
The Awards aim at encouraging the production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance contributing to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different regions of the country in cinematic form.
(Release ID :19244)