English Release 12-December 2013
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- National Consumer Helpline Records 6604 Calls in November, 2013
- Min of Earth Science
- Global Warming
- Weather Forecast
- Ministry of Finance
- DRI Asked to Focus on Better Trade Facilitation, Use of Latest Technology and Sharing of Information with Other Intelligence Agencies for Achieving Optimal Results
- Min of Home Affairs
- Shri T.K.Vinod Kumar Assigned Additional Charge of Director NPA
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Solar Power Stations in Bihar
- Generation of New and Renewable Energy
- Electricity Generation from Solar and Other Renewable Projects
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases marginally to US$ 107.75/bbl on 11.12.2013
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Withdrawal of Fresh Water
- DDP and DPAP Areas
- Incentives for Groundwater Conservation
- Roof Top Rain Water Harvesting
- Judicious Use of Water
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting28-July, 2006 18:41 IST
Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up
B. Saroja Devi to head Feature Film Jury
|The selection process of 53rd National Film Awards has begun with constitution of three juries for feature film, non-feature film & Best writing on Cinema sections.
Smt. B. Saroja Devi, renowned film actress from Karnataka, who has acted in over 180 feature films across languages heads the jury for ‘Feature Film’ section. Other members of the jury are Shri P.H. Vishwanath, Film Director, Shri Katte Ramachandra, Film Director, Shri B. S. Loganath, Veteran Cinematographer, Ms. Seema Biswas, Actress, Shri P. Sudershan, Art Director, Shri Shyamaprasad, Film Director, Ms. Shyamali Deb Banerjee, Film Critic, Ms. Meena Debbarma, Actress, Shri Anwar Ali, Actor/Producer, Ms. Ina Puri, Art Curator Writer and Film Critic and Shri Ashok Saran, Film Director.
Shri Siddharath Kak heads the ‘Non-Feature Film’ jury. Other members of the jury are, Shri Chinmoya Nath, Audiographer, Ms. Sangeeta Tamuli, Producer/Director, Shri Kishore Dang, Director, Shri Kireet Khurana, Animator/Director, Shri A.B. Tripathi, Script Writer and Film Critic.
The Jury for Best Writing on Cinema is headed by Shri Khalid Mohammed. Other members of the jury are Ms. Ratnottama Sengupta and Shri Amitabh Parashar, both Film Critics.
The juries are expected to submit their recommendations to the Government of India by August 17, 2006 after watching nearly 20,000 minutes of cinema. This year the feature film section holds 125 entries while non-feature film section has over 160 entries.
The Awards aim at encouraging the production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance contributing to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different regions of the country in cinematic form.
(Release ID :19244)