English Release 12-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India conveys deep concern and sympathy over missing Malaysian airlines flight
- Vice President's Secretariat
VICE PRESIDENT INTERACTS WITH STUDENTS OF UNIVERSITY OF PUNE
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Jharkhand
- Record increase in number of post-graduates in 15th Lok Sabha
- Min of Civil Aviation
- India Aviation-2014 Inaugurated at Hyderabad
- Min of Culture
- Rare Gupta Period Sculptures Discovered in Sarnath Excavations
- Exhibition on Ghadar Party and Transvaal March
- Min of Defence
- CAS Visit to the Andaman Nicobar Command & Eastern Sector
- Min of Law & Justice
- Press Communique
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases marginally to 105.50 per bbl on 11.3.2014
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production and Use-Based Index for the Month of January, 2014 (Base 2004-05=100)
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2010=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined For the Month of February, 2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Growth of 1.7% in tourists availing of “Tourist Visa on Arrival” (VoA) Scheme
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting28-July, 2006 18:41 IST
Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up
B. Saroja Devi to head Feature Film Jury
|The selection process of 53rd National Film Awards has begun with constitution of three juries for feature film, non-feature film & Best writing on Cinema sections.
Smt. B. Saroja Devi, renowned film actress from Karnataka, who has acted in over 180 feature films across languages heads the jury for ‘Feature Film’ section. Other members of the jury are Shri P.H. Vishwanath, Film Director, Shri Katte Ramachandra, Film Director, Shri B. S. Loganath, Veteran Cinematographer, Ms. Seema Biswas, Actress, Shri P. Sudershan, Art Director, Shri Shyamaprasad, Film Director, Ms. Shyamali Deb Banerjee, Film Critic, Ms. Meena Debbarma, Actress, Shri Anwar Ali, Actor/Producer, Ms. Ina Puri, Art Curator Writer and Film Critic and Shri Ashok Saran, Film Director.
Shri Siddharath Kak heads the ‘Non-Feature Film’ jury. Other members of the jury are, Shri Chinmoya Nath, Audiographer, Ms. Sangeeta Tamuli, Producer/Director, Shri Kishore Dang, Director, Shri Kireet Khurana, Animator/Director, Shri A.B. Tripathi, Script Writer and Film Critic.
The Jury for Best Writing on Cinema is headed by Shri Khalid Mohammed. Other members of the jury are Ms. Ratnottama Sengupta and Shri Amitabh Parashar, both Film Critics.
The juries are expected to submit their recommendations to the Government of India by August 17, 2006 after watching nearly 20,000 minutes of cinema. This year the feature film section holds 125 entries while non-feature film section has over 160 entries.
The Awards aim at encouraging the production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance contributing to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different regions of the country in cinematic form.
(Release ID :19244)