English Release 24-July 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Delegation from Aga Khan Foundation meets PM
- Department of Atomic Energy
- Production of Atomic Energy in Gujarat
- Preparation of Nuclear and Radiation Safety Policy
- Facilities for Workers in Atomic Projects
- Concern Over Nuclear Liability Law
- Rare Earths in Kollam
- Department of Space
- Launching of Mars Orbiter Mission Spacecraft
- Launching of SAARC Satellite
- Problem of Waste Deposits in Space
- Space Projects Initiated/Pending Completion
- Ministry of Finance
- Special Arrangements Made for Accepting Returns of Income
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Special Cadre for Super Specialist Doctors
- Award to Industrious Government Staffers
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 105.56 per bbl on 23.07.2014
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Review of Function of MPLADS
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Narmada Canal Project
- Ganga Manthan
- Areas under Water Bodies
- Water Logging and Salinity in
- Availability of Surface and Ground Water
- Indo-Nepal Joint Ministerial Commission
on Water Resources
- Flood Management
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Logo Design Competition launched for ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ Campaign
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting28-July, 2006 18:41 IST
Juries for the selection of films for National Awards set up
B. Saroja Devi to head Feature Film Jury
|The selection process of 53rd National Film Awards has begun with constitution of three juries for feature film, non-feature film & Best writing on Cinema sections.
Smt. B. Saroja Devi, renowned film actress from Karnataka, who has acted in over 180 feature films across languages heads the jury for ‘Feature Film’ section. Other members of the jury are Shri P.H. Vishwanath, Film Director, Shri Katte Ramachandra, Film Director, Shri B. S. Loganath, Veteran Cinematographer, Ms. Seema Biswas, Actress, Shri P. Sudershan, Art Director, Shri Shyamaprasad, Film Director, Ms. Shyamali Deb Banerjee, Film Critic, Ms. Meena Debbarma, Actress, Shri Anwar Ali, Actor/Producer, Ms. Ina Puri, Art Curator Writer and Film Critic and Shri Ashok Saran, Film Director.
Shri Siddharath Kak heads the ‘Non-Feature Film’ jury. Other members of the jury are, Shri Chinmoya Nath, Audiographer, Ms. Sangeeta Tamuli, Producer/Director, Shri Kishore Dang, Director, Shri Kireet Khurana, Animator/Director, Shri A.B. Tripathi, Script Writer and Film Critic.
The Jury for Best Writing on Cinema is headed by Shri Khalid Mohammed. Other members of the jury are Ms. Ratnottama Sengupta and Shri Amitabh Parashar, both Film Critics.
The juries are expected to submit their recommendations to the Government of India by August 17, 2006 after watching nearly 20,000 minutes of cinema. This year the feature film section holds 125 entries while non-feature film section has over 160 entries.
The Awards aim at encouraging the production of aesthetic films with technical excellence and social relevance contributing to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different regions of the country in cinematic form.
(Release ID :19244)