English Release 31-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India Congratulates DRDO on the Successful Test-Firing of Agni-V
- President’s Message on the Occasion of 38th Anniversary of Indian Coast Guard
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM reviews PaHaL Scheme for Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG Subsidy
- PM salutes our scientists, on the successful test-firing of Agni V missile
- PM gives best wishes to all athletes participating in the 35th National Games
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat Released
- Min of Culture
Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Siri Fort Auditorium amongst the top 50 auditoriums for cinema viewing in India- Col Rajyavardhan Rathore
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- 18th National Conference on e-Governance concludes in Gandhinagar
- ACC Appointments
- Ministry of Tourism
- Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Tribal Afairs Ministers Felicitates Tribal Guests and the Tableaux Artistes & Supporting Staff, who had Participated in this Year’s Republic Day Parade
- Min of Urban Development
- Speech made by the Hon’ble Union Minister for Urban Development at the Inauguration of 35th National Games in Kerala on 31st January, 2015
- States show the way forward on building smart cities
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs14-June, 2004 18:6 IST
|Bio-Data of Shri Jagdish Tytler|
|The following is the bio-data of Shri Jagdish Tytler, Minister of State for Non Resident Indians Affairs:
Shri Jagdish Tytler was born in Gujranwala (now in Pakistan) of a Kapoor family and was brought up by great educationist, the late Shri James Douglas Tytler, who was the founder of many public schools like the Delhi Public School, the Summerfields School, etc and in whom name the J D Tytler Higher Secondary School is running in Delhi today.
Shri Tytler is a firm believer in national integration and has the firm belief that all religions can co-exist in mutual harmony and understanding, since the basis of all religions is Love.
Shri Tytler represented India as one-man delegation to the United Nations Conference on Alternative Sources of Energy in Yugoslavia. He has also headed the Indian delegation to the United Nations and has represented India there.
Shri Jagdish Tytler was first inducted into the Cabinet of Prime Minister Shri Rajiv Gandhi as the Minister of Civil Aviation. He has worked continously for a period of 10 years, without any break, as a Minister in Government of India, holding important portfolios.
Shri Tytler was the first to start privatization in the Ministry of Civil Aviation. He followed it up with a Tourism Policy. As Minister for Surface Transport, he was the Minister who created the National Highway Authority of India, which modernises the national highways of India and is presently changing the face of the entire country, the toll paid expressways were conceived, initiated and started by him.
Shri Jagdish Tytler's policy of liberalization of the Ministry earned him kudos from various visiting global dignitaries during those times. The British Chancellor of the Exchequer singled out Shri Manmohan Singh, Shri P Chdambaram, Shri Madhav Rao Scindia and Shri Jagdish Tytler, the then Minister for Surface Transport as "Harbingers of Economic Reforms".
(Release ID :1971)