English Release 1-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Message to the Nation from the President on the eve of Gandhi Jayanti
- President Expresses condolences over loss of lives due to collision of trains near Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- President’s Durga Puja Greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Confers ‘Sir Ross Masood Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Leadership, Education, Community & Public Service-2014’ to Shri Saiyid Hamid
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM expresses condolences over loss of lives due to collision of trains near Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Text of Remarks by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
at the Joint Press Briefing with President Barack Obama
- English Rendering of Remarks by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Joint Press Briefing with President Barack Obama
- Joint Statement during the visit of Prime Minister to USA
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Ram Villas Paswan undertakes surprise checks to see cleanliness in his Ministry
- Min of Defence
- Air Marshal Jajgeet Singh takes over as
Air Officer-in-Charge maintenance at Air Headquarters
- 24th Edition of Ind-Indo Corpat Concludes
- Ministry of Finance
- Repayment of 7.56% Government Stock 2014 and 11.83% Government Stock 2014 on November 03, 2014 and November 12, 2014 Respectively
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
MOU Signed for First Ever Offshore Wind Power Project in India
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of some Government Offices today
- The President of India authorises Shri Rajiv as Central Vigilance Commissioner
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.34/bbl on 30.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Minister Expresses Profound Grief Over the Loss of Innocent Train Accident Near Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- ‘Punarjagaran’- Mass Awakening Campaign for youth to be launched on 2nd October, 2014
- India’s Performance on Day 12 of Asian Games 2014
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs14-June, 2004 18:6 IST
|Bio-Data of Shri Jagdish Tytler|
|The following is the bio-data of Shri Jagdish Tytler, Minister of State for Non Resident Indians Affairs:
Shri Jagdish Tytler was born in Gujranwala (now in Pakistan) of a Kapoor family and was brought up by great educationist, the late Shri James Douglas Tytler, who was the founder of many public schools like the Delhi Public School, the Summerfields School, etc and in whom name the J D Tytler Higher Secondary School is running in Delhi today.
Shri Tytler is a firm believer in national integration and has the firm belief that all religions can co-exist in mutual harmony and understanding, since the basis of all religions is Love.
Shri Tytler represented India as one-man delegation to the United Nations Conference on Alternative Sources of Energy in Yugoslavia. He has also headed the Indian delegation to the United Nations and has represented India there.
Shri Jagdish Tytler was first inducted into the Cabinet of Prime Minister Shri Rajiv Gandhi as the Minister of Civil Aviation. He has worked continously for a period of 10 years, without any break, as a Minister in Government of India, holding important portfolios.
Shri Tytler was the first to start privatization in the Ministry of Civil Aviation. He followed it up with a Tourism Policy. As Minister for Surface Transport, he was the Minister who created the National Highway Authority of India, which modernises the national highways of India and is presently changing the face of the entire country, the toll paid expressways were conceived, initiated and started by him.
Shri Jagdish Tytler's policy of liberalization of the Ministry earned him kudos from various visiting global dignitaries during those times. The British Chancellor of the Exchequer singled out Shri Manmohan Singh, Shri P Chdambaram, Shri Madhav Rao Scindia and Shri Jagdish Tytler, the then Minister for Surface Transport as "Harbingers of Economic Reforms".
(Release ID :1971)