English Release 28-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens On Id-Ul-Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- Foreign Minister of Uganda calls on PM
- Election Commission
- Bye-elections to the State Legislative Council of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra by the Members of Legislative Assembly
- Min of Agriculture
Rashtriya Gokul Mission Aims to Conserve and Develop Indigenous Breeds
- Min of Defence
- IAF Receives the 6th C-17 Globemaster III in the Presence of Hon’ble Defence Minister Shri Arun Jaitley
- BEL-Bangalore Complex Certified for ISO 27001
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Advertising campaign to be launched to popularize Science Express- Biodiversity Special- Prakash Javadekar
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stock
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- “Mass awareness required on simple steps to control diarrhoea”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister reviews Disaster Management and Border Management Divisions
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased marginally to
US$ 106.01 per bbl on 25.07.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Kanika Sands Transshipment Zone
- Min of Textiles
Textiles Vision Document Projects Textiles Export to Touch US $ 300 Billion by the Year 2024-25
- Min of Urban Development
- Bio-metric attendance system soon for employees of urban ministries
- Min of Women and Child Development
- The Number of Beneficiaries Covered under ICPS on the Rise
- Total of 3924 Children placed in In-Country adoption during 2013-14
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- India wins 5 Medals on Day 4 of the Commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs14-June, 2004 18:6 IST
|Bio-Data of Shri Jagdish Tytler|
|The following is the bio-data of Shri Jagdish Tytler, Minister of State for Non Resident Indians Affairs:
Shri Jagdish Tytler was born in Gujranwala (now in Pakistan) of a Kapoor family and was brought up by great educationist, the late Shri James Douglas Tytler, who was the founder of many public schools like the Delhi Public School, the Summerfields School, etc and in whom name the J D Tytler Higher Secondary School is running in Delhi today.
Shri Tytler is a firm believer in national integration and has the firm belief that all religions can co-exist in mutual harmony and understanding, since the basis of all religions is Love.
Shri Tytler represented India as one-man delegation to the United Nations Conference on Alternative Sources of Energy in Yugoslavia. He has also headed the Indian delegation to the United Nations and has represented India there.
Shri Jagdish Tytler was first inducted into the Cabinet of Prime Minister Shri Rajiv Gandhi as the Minister of Civil Aviation. He has worked continously for a period of 10 years, without any break, as a Minister in Government of India, holding important portfolios.
Shri Tytler was the first to start privatization in the Ministry of Civil Aviation. He followed it up with a Tourism Policy. As Minister for Surface Transport, he was the Minister who created the National Highway Authority of India, which modernises the national highways of India and is presently changing the face of the entire country, the toll paid expressways were conceived, initiated and started by him.
Shri Jagdish Tytler's policy of liberalization of the Ministry earned him kudos from various visiting global dignitaries during those times. The British Chancellor of the Exchequer singled out Shri Manmohan Singh, Shri P Chdambaram, Shri Madhav Rao Scindia and Shri Jagdish Tytler, the then Minister for Surface Transport as "Harbingers of Economic Reforms".
(Release ID :1971)