English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs14-June, 2004 18:6 IST
|Bio-Data of Shri Jagdish Tytler|
|The following is the bio-data of Shri Jagdish Tytler, Minister of State for Non Resident Indians Affairs:
Shri Jagdish Tytler was born in Gujranwala (now in Pakistan) of a Kapoor family and was brought up by great educationist, the late Shri James Douglas Tytler, who was the founder of many public schools like the Delhi Public School, the Summerfields School, etc and in whom name the J D Tytler Higher Secondary School is running in Delhi today.
Shri Tytler is a firm believer in national integration and has the firm belief that all religions can co-exist in mutual harmony and understanding, since the basis of all religions is Love.
Shri Tytler represented India as one-man delegation to the United Nations Conference on Alternative Sources of Energy in Yugoslavia. He has also headed the Indian delegation to the United Nations and has represented India there.
Shri Jagdish Tytler was first inducted into the Cabinet of Prime Minister Shri Rajiv Gandhi as the Minister of Civil Aviation. He has worked continously for a period of 10 years, without any break, as a Minister in Government of India, holding important portfolios.
Shri Tytler was the first to start privatization in the Ministry of Civil Aviation. He followed it up with a Tourism Policy. As Minister for Surface Transport, he was the Minister who created the National Highway Authority of India, which modernises the national highways of India and is presently changing the face of the entire country, the toll paid expressways were conceived, initiated and started by him.
Shri Jagdish Tytler's policy of liberalization of the Ministry earned him kudos from various visiting global dignitaries during those times. The British Chancellor of the Exchequer singled out Shri Manmohan Singh, Shri P Chdambaram, Shri Madhav Rao Scindia and Shri Jagdish Tytler, the then Minister for Surface Transport as "Harbingers of Economic Reforms".
(Release ID :1971)