English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives Rs. 25 lakh cheque for J&K flood relief
- Practice of Yoga best for health: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Ministry of Science & Technology14-August, 2006 13:42 IST
The Government has been taking several steps to promote R&D in the area of Nano-Technology. Over 100 research projects have been funded. Several centres of excellence on nano science and nano technology have also been established. A number of post-doctoral fellowships have been awarded. Several national and international conferences, schools, etc. have been organized. The Government has spent approximately Rs. 200 crore over the past five years to promote R&D in this area. A bigger Nano Science and Technology Mission is being launched which will provide further boost to this area in a comprehensive manner including nanotechnology development through increased public private partnerships and entrepreneurial ventures.
Some major corporates have started investing in nanotechnology research at a modest level in the country. Mahindra and Mahindra and Reliance have also established nanotechnology centres.
This information was given by the Minister of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Shri Kapil Sibal in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :19823)