English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Science & Technology14-August, 2006 13:42 IST
The Government has been taking several steps to promote R&D in the area of Nano-Technology. Over 100 research projects have been funded. Several centres of excellence on nano science and nano technology have also been established. A number of post-doctoral fellowships have been awarded. Several national and international conferences, schools, etc. have been organized. The Government has spent approximately Rs. 200 crore over the past five years to promote R&D in this area. A bigger Nano Science and Technology Mission is being launched which will provide further boost to this area in a comprehensive manner including nanotechnology development through increased public private partnerships and entrepreneurial ventures.
Some major corporates have started investing in nanotechnology research at a modest level in the country. Mahindra and Mahindra and Reliance have also established nanotechnology centres.
This information was given by the Minister of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Shri Kapil Sibal in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :19823)