English Release 30-July 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Full text of PM's address at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 106.34 per bbl on 29.07.2014
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Provisional Results of Sixth Economic Census
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- India won 10 medals on day 6 of CWG 2014
Ministry of Science & Technology14-August, 2006 13:42 IST
The Government has been taking several steps to promote R&D in the area of Nano-Technology. Over 100 research projects have been funded. Several centres of excellence on nano science and nano technology have also been established. A number of post-doctoral fellowships have been awarded. Several national and international conferences, schools, etc. have been organized. The Government has spent approximately Rs. 200 crore over the past five years to promote R&D in this area. A bigger Nano Science and Technology Mission is being launched which will provide further boost to this area in a comprehensive manner including nanotechnology development through increased public private partnerships and entrepreneurial ventures.
Some major corporates have started investing in nanotechnology research at a modest level in the country. Mahindra and Mahindra and Reliance have also established nanotechnology centres.
This information was given by the Minister of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Shri Kapil Sibal in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :19823)