English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Defence24-August, 2006 16:50 IST
|Operation Sukoon for the evacuation of Indian Nationals from Lebanon|
India has launched operation ‘Sukoon’ to evacuate the Indian Nationals from Lebanon. Four ships of the Indian Navy were deployed.
At the outbreak of recent hostilities between Israel and Lebanon, about 12,000 Indians were residing in Lebanon. Indian Navy evacuated 2280 persons, who desired to leave, from Beirut between 20-29 July 2006. The evacuated persons included 69 Nepalese, 436 Sri Lankan and Seven Lebanese Nationals.
One Indian National was killed in recent Israeli attacks in Lebanon. After assessing the security situation in the area, the Indian authorities acted expeditiously and made immediate arrangements for the safe evacuation of Indian Nationals from Lebanon. The Indian Mission in Beirut is in contact with the Indian Nationals in Lebanon through various Indian organizations and is making necessary arrangements for the Indian Nationals desiring to leave Lebanon.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee in a written reply to Shri Assaduddin Owaisi in Lok Sabha today.
SKS / HS
(Release ID :20224)