English Release 20-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Congratulates Medal Winners in
Asian Games 2014
- President of India condoles the passing away of Uppalapu Srinivas
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sashastra Seema Bal, SRM University and ITC make donations for PMNRF
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Health Ministry to take up anti-noise pollution initiatives
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj donates to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Corrigendum for Press Release issued on 19th Sept, 2014 on Meeting of Mrs Melinda Gates and Mr Bill Gates with Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Ministry of Defence24-August, 2006 16:50 IST
|Operation Sukoon for the evacuation of Indian Nationals from Lebanon|
India has launched operation ‘Sukoon’ to evacuate the Indian Nationals from Lebanon. Four ships of the Indian Navy were deployed.
At the outbreak of recent hostilities between Israel and Lebanon, about 12,000 Indians were residing in Lebanon. Indian Navy evacuated 2280 persons, who desired to leave, from Beirut between 20-29 July 2006. The evacuated persons included 69 Nepalese, 436 Sri Lankan and Seven Lebanese Nationals.
One Indian National was killed in recent Israeli attacks in Lebanon. After assessing the security situation in the area, the Indian authorities acted expeditiously and made immediate arrangements for the safe evacuation of Indian Nationals from Lebanon. The Indian Mission in Beirut is in contact with the Indian Nationals in Lebanon through various Indian organizations and is making necessary arrangements for the Indian Nationals desiring to leave Lebanon.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee in a written reply to Shri Assaduddin Owaisi in Lok Sabha today.
SKS / HS
(Release ID :20224)