English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Civil Aviation
DGCA Allows Use of Cellphone During Flight
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Defence24-August, 2006 16:50 IST
|Operation Sukoon for the evacuation of Indian Nationals from Lebanon|
India has launched operation ‘Sukoon’ to evacuate the Indian Nationals from Lebanon. Four ships of the Indian Navy were deployed.
At the outbreak of recent hostilities between Israel and Lebanon, about 12,000 Indians were residing in Lebanon. Indian Navy evacuated 2280 persons, who desired to leave, from Beirut between 20-29 July 2006. The evacuated persons included 69 Nepalese, 436 Sri Lankan and Seven Lebanese Nationals.
One Indian National was killed in recent Israeli attacks in Lebanon. After assessing the security situation in the area, the Indian authorities acted expeditiously and made immediate arrangements for the safe evacuation of Indian Nationals from Lebanon. The Indian Mission in Beirut is in contact with the Indian Nationals in Lebanon through various Indian organizations and is making necessary arrangements for the Indian Nationals desiring to leave Lebanon.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee in a written reply to Shri Assaduddin Owaisi in Lok Sabha today.
SKS / HS
(Release ID :20224)