English Release 27-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Ram Navami greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Ram Navami
- Min of Agriculture
- State-Wise Revised Affected Area under Rabi Crops During end of February to till date 26.03.2015
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Government to Invest 10 Billion US $ in the Chip Manufacturing Facilities Coming up in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 57.03 per bbl on 26.03.2015
Ministry of Defence24-August, 2006 16:50 IST
|Operation Sukoon for the evacuation of Indian Nationals from Lebanon|
India has launched operation ‘Sukoon’ to evacuate the Indian Nationals from Lebanon. Four ships of the Indian Navy were deployed.
At the outbreak of recent hostilities between Israel and Lebanon, about 12,000 Indians were residing in Lebanon. Indian Navy evacuated 2280 persons, who desired to leave, from Beirut between 20-29 July 2006. The evacuated persons included 69 Nepalese, 436 Sri Lankan and Seven Lebanese Nationals.
One Indian National was killed in recent Israeli attacks in Lebanon. After assessing the security situation in the area, the Indian authorities acted expeditiously and made immediate arrangements for the safe evacuation of Indian Nationals from Lebanon. The Indian Mission in Beirut is in contact with the Indian Nationals in Lebanon through various Indian organizations and is making necessary arrangements for the Indian Nationals desiring to leave Lebanon.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee in a written reply to Shri Assaduddin Owaisi in Lok Sabha today.
SKS / HS
(Release ID :20224)