English Release 25-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President calls upon every University to identify at least one Department that can be made into a Centre of Excellence
- Speech by the Hon’ble President at the Inauguration of Maharaja Agrasen University,Solan, Himachal Pradesh, on May 25, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Shri R K Mathur takes over as the New Defence Secretary
- Min of Law & Justice
- Government to go in for a Stand-Alone Central Legislation to Curb any Dishonest Activity in Sports
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of States and Union Territories in-Charge of Sports & Youth Affairs Concludes in New Delhi
Ministry of Defence04-July, 2004 15:49 IST
|Agni Test Flight|
|AGNI A-I the 700 km variant of AGNI surface-to-surface missile was successfully flight tested on 04 Jul 2004 at 1010 hrs from the Island Test Range of Orissa Coast.
Dr. VK Aatre, Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri stated that the prime mission objective for the third serial flight of AGNI A-1 was to reconfirm the technical parameters set for this user (Army) associated launch. Based on data from the network of ground radars, telemetry stations and visual observations from the intended impact point, all objectives have been fully met. Shri RN Aggarwal the Mission Director called today’s flight a text-book launch.
Witnessing the user associated launch along with SA to RM were Lt Gen AS Bahia, DGMO, a number of Army Officers, Scientists and Engineers from DRDO and Bharat Dynamics Limited – the production agency.
Dr. Manmohan Singh, The Prime Minister and Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the Raksha Mantri have sent congratulatory messages to the scientists and staff of DRDO and BDL. They have expressed their happiness over the flawless flight trial which marks an important milestone in India’s defence preparedness.
(Release ID :2250)