English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Defence04-July, 2004 15:49 IST
|Agni Test Flight|
|AGNI A-I the 700 km variant of AGNI surface-to-surface missile was successfully flight tested on 04 Jul 2004 at 1010 hrs from the Island Test Range of Orissa Coast.
Dr. VK Aatre, Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri stated that the prime mission objective for the third serial flight of AGNI A-1 was to reconfirm the technical parameters set for this user (Army) associated launch. Based on data from the network of ground radars, telemetry stations and visual observations from the intended impact point, all objectives have been fully met. Shri RN Aggarwal the Mission Director called today’s flight a text-book launch.
Witnessing the user associated launch along with SA to RM were Lt Gen AS Bahia, DGMO, a number of Army Officers, Scientists and Engineers from DRDO and Bharat Dynamics Limited – the production agency.
Dr. Manmohan Singh, The Prime Minister and Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the Raksha Mantri have sent congratulatory messages to the scientists and staff of DRDO and BDL. They have expressed their happiness over the flawless flight trial which marks an important milestone in India’s defence preparedness.
(Release ID :2250)