English Release 20-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Congratulates Indian men and women Kabaddi teams for winning Kabaddi World Cups
- PM attends meeting of Somnath Trust
- Min of Home Affairs
- H.P. Chaudhary advises SSB to face challenges with commitment and confidence
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Shri Arun Jaitley inaugurates Multimedia Exhibition on Former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Winter Session of Parliament enters final lap; Rajya Sabha still to decide on crucial Bills
Lok Sabha’s productivity rises to 105% while that of Rajya Sabha declines to 68%
Lok Sabha so far clears a record 17 Bills and Rajya Sabha only 11
Introduction of GST Bill in Lok Sabha, passing of labour reform Bills mark the high points of session
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Nitin Gadkari calls upon the Industry to invest in development of Inland Waterways
- Min of Urban Development
National Level City Stakeholder Consultation held to finalize guidelines for HRIDAY Scheme; Shri Venkaiah Naidu emphasizes that the future development of any city must take into consideration its nature, history, and culture
LED based energy efficient smartstreet lights launched in Delhi by the Union Urban Development Minister Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu; Says that the Government is committed to work for development and betterment of the masses
Ministry of Defence04-July, 2004 15:49 IST
|Agni Test Flight|
|AGNI A-I the 700 km variant of AGNI surface-to-surface missile was successfully flight tested on 04 Jul 2004 at 1010 hrs from the Island Test Range of Orissa Coast.
Dr. VK Aatre, Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri stated that the prime mission objective for the third serial flight of AGNI A-1 was to reconfirm the technical parameters set for this user (Army) associated launch. Based on data from the network of ground radars, telemetry stations and visual observations from the intended impact point, all objectives have been fully met. Shri RN Aggarwal the Mission Director called today’s flight a text-book launch.
Witnessing the user associated launch along with SA to RM were Lt Gen AS Bahia, DGMO, a number of Army Officers, Scientists and Engineers from DRDO and Bharat Dynamics Limited – the production agency.
Dr. Manmohan Singh, The Prime Minister and Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the Raksha Mantri have sent congratulatory messages to the scientists and staff of DRDO and BDL. They have expressed their happiness over the flawless flight trial which marks an important milestone in India’s defence preparedness.
(Release ID :2250)