English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Defence07-December, 2006 16:34 IST
|Development of ROV by DRDO|
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Pune has developed a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) which is designed with robotic functions for handling / defusing Improvised Explosive Device (IED). Research and Development Establishment (Engineers), Pune, an establishment of DRDO has developed ROV for Indian Army.
This robot has undergone trial test and is to be inducted in Army. User Assisted Technical Trials with the help of Army have been completed. User trials are likely to be conducted shortly by Army. The decision for induction of the equipment will be taken by the Army after successful completion of the user trials.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Bapu Hari Chaure in Lok Sabha today.
SKS / RAJ
(Release ID :22955)