English Release 11-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India presents standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Fact Sheet on Chandigarh
- Election Expenditure per elector up by twenty times in 2009 compared to first General Elections
- Fact Sheet on NCT of Delhi
- Press Note
- Min of Civil Aviation
- India Aviation – 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- India’s Foreign Trade: February, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.46 per bbl on 10.3.2014
Ministry of Defence07-December, 2006 16:34 IST
|Development of ROV by DRDO|
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Pune has developed a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) which is designed with robotic functions for handling / defusing Improvised Explosive Device (IED). Research and Development Establishment (Engineers), Pune, an establishment of DRDO has developed ROV for Indian Army.
This robot has undergone trial test and is to be inducted in Army. User Assisted Technical Trials with the help of Army have been completed. User trials are likely to be conducted shortly by Army. The decision for induction of the equipment will be taken by the Army after successful completion of the user trials.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Bapu Hari Chaure in Lok Sabha today.
SKS / RAJ
(Release ID :22955)