English Release 23-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Inaugurates 6th Edition of KKM Memorial Gold Cup - Rural Football Tournament
- President Underlines Importance of Quality Education
- President of India Condoles The Passing Away of U R Ananthamurthy
- President calls upon IITs to play a pivotal role in developing newer cutting edge technologies
- Prime Minister's Office
- Gujarat CM calls on PM
- PM condoles loss of life in floods in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Assam
- PM meets youth of Gujjar-Bakkarwal communities from Jammu and Kashmir
- Prime Minister receives Tamil National Alliance delegation
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister lays Foundation Stone for Saffron Park Project at Pampore, Pulwama
- Min of Defence
- First Indigenously Built Stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Ship- INS Kamorta- Commissioned
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- All systems in AIIMS under review: Dr Harsh Vardhan
- Min of Human Resource Development
- India-South Australia Collaboration in Education and Vocational Training Sector
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- States should emphasise on Empowerment and Inclusion of the Disabled, says Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Min of Steel
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates “Heat Hardening Pelletisation Unit” at SAIL, Ranchi
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Brahmaputra in High Flood Situation
- Ghagra Continues to Flow in High Flood Situation
Ministry of External Affairs20-February, 2007 14:12 IST
|Foreign secretary to visit united states|
|The Foreign Secretary, Shri Shivshankar Menon will pay an official visit to United States of America from February 21-24, 2007. He will Co–Chair the 5th Meeting of the Indo-US High Technology Cooperation Group together with Deputy Secretary of Commerce David Sampson. The Meeting will include industry and government sessions on the four focus areas of information technology, bio-technology, nanotechnology and defence technology.
During his visit, Foreign Secretary will also have a series of meetings with US officials with whom he is engaged in the wide range of areas of our bilateral work. These include the current agenda of India-US bilateral cooperation, the roadmap ahead, and regional and global issues of common concern.
This will be his first visit to United States as Foreign Secretary. Foreign Secretary will meet his US counterpart, Under Secretary Nicholas Burns on 21st February and call on officials in the Departments of State, Commerce, Agriculture, Energy, Defence and the National Security Council.
It may be recalled that Under Secretary Nicholas Burns had visited India on December 6-9, 2006.
(Release ID :24920)