English Release 1-February 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates Leander Paes for winning the Australian Open Mixed Doubles title
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates Indian Tennis Player, Leander Paes on the Mixed Doubles win at Australian Open
- PM salutes coast guard personnel on 38th Raising Day of Indian Coast Guard
- Department of Space
- Indian Space scientists working on new breakthroughs: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Culture
- The 17th Bharat Rang Mahotsav organized by NSD begins
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Centre closely monitoring situation on H1N1, all assistance extended to states: Sh J P Nadda
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Raahgiri Day for the Persons with Disabilities Held
Ministry of External Affairs20-February, 2007 14:12 IST
|Foreign secretary to visit united states|
|The Foreign Secretary, Shri Shivshankar Menon will pay an official visit to United States of America from February 21-24, 2007. He will Co–Chair the 5th Meeting of the Indo-US High Technology Cooperation Group together with Deputy Secretary of Commerce David Sampson. The Meeting will include industry and government sessions on the four focus areas of information technology, bio-technology, nanotechnology and defence technology.
During his visit, Foreign Secretary will also have a series of meetings with US officials with whom he is engaged in the wide range of areas of our bilateral work. These include the current agenda of India-US bilateral cooperation, the roadmap ahead, and regional and global issues of common concern.
This will be his first visit to United States as Foreign Secretary. Foreign Secretary will meet his US counterpart, Under Secretary Nicholas Burns on 21st February and call on officials in the Departments of State, Commerce, Agriculture, Energy, Defence and the National Security Council.
It may be recalled that Under Secretary Nicholas Burns had visited India on December 6-9, 2006.
(Release ID :24920)