English Release 31-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Education will be the single biggest transformative factor in catapulting India into the league of developed nations, says President
- President of India congratulates Pankaj Advani on achieving 12th world title in Leeds
- President pays floral tributes to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of PM’s address at 'Run For Unity' at Rajpath on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- PM receives personal belongings of Sardar Patel, on his 139th birth anniversary
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), September, 2014
- Department of Commerce calls for creative participation for India’s participation at Hannover Messe
- Min of Defence
- Minor Incident Involving Naval Ship
- Indian Warships Visit to Port Louis
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
Major Focus of the Government is to Bring Back the Growth Momentum: Finance Minister
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.30 per cent Government Stock, 2040’
Auction for Sale of a new Government Stock of 19 Years
Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.60 per cent Government Stock, 2028’
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of ‘8.27 per cent Government Stock, 2020’
- Subash Chandra Garg Relieved to take up His New Assignment As Executive Director, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as Secretry, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- MoU with Spain on organ transplantation soon
- Min of Home Affairs
- MoS Home Kiren Rijiju participates in ‘Run for Unity’
- Text of Home Minister's speech at NPA, Hyderabad
- Cyber Crime Prevention Strategy will be Strengthened: Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh
- Home Secretary Administers Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Pledge
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Human Resource Development
- 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers Held
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2014 Declaration of Result of Written Part
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Constitution of Steering Committee for successful implementation of “Make in India” campaign in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Protection Force hosting 15th All Indian Police Band Competition
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Institute of Driving Training & Research to be inaugurated tomorrow at Pune
- Electronic Toll Collection System makes Delhi-Mumbai Drive Faster and Cheaper
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on October 30, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- SRB to be raised by 10 basis points every year
Ministry of Defence02-August, 2007 18:3 IST
|Reliance to hire thousands of ex-servicemen in retail|
Reliance Industries plans to hire several thousands of ex-servicemen as it spreads wings in the retail sector. Having set up outlets in a number of cities, the Reliance Retail has offered jobs in plenty to the large pool of talented and qualified workforce emerging out of the forces.
As its footprints expands across the country, the company has the capacity to employ all of around 60,000 uniformed men retiring every year, Colonel (Retired) S.P. Nanda, Vice-President, Reliance Industries, told a day-long seminar in New Delhi here today. A large number of jobs are also being constantly created by the group in specialized professions like drivers for cranes, bulldozers and earthmovers and heavy machinery operators.
The Indian Veterans Network, a body of retired defence personnel from India and abroad, was launched on the occasion by the chief guest, former Information and Broadcasting Minister Brigadier (Retd.) K. P. Singh Deo,. An initiative of the Chandigarh-based Institute of Tourism and Future Management (ITFT-Group), the Network, to be registered as a society and consisting of retired officers of the three services, would provide a platform for reoccupation and welfare of their families.
Addressing the delegates, Lt. General (Retd.) Ranjit Singh Dyal, ITFT Chairman and former Lt. Governor of Pondicherry and Andaman and Nicobar islands, said a global network conference of Indian Veterans would be held on the sidelines of the 3-day Bharatiya Pravasi Diwas celebrations in January next year. General Dyal said the conference would offer an opportunity to interact with about 8,000 ex-servicemen settled abroad, part of the 26 million Indian diaspora, and explore overseas job opportunities for retiring servicemen.
Dr. Gulshan Sharma, Executive Director, ITFT, said the group runs a website Defence Welfare Call, www.defencewelfarecall.com to act as bridge between the Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) and the private industry.
Major General Harwant Krishan, DGR, also spoke on the occasion.
(Release ID :29578)