English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Defence02-August, 2007 18:3 IST
|Reliance to hire thousands of ex-servicemen in retail|
Reliance Industries plans to hire several thousands of ex-servicemen as it spreads wings in the retail sector. Having set up outlets in a number of cities, the Reliance Retail has offered jobs in plenty to the large pool of talented and qualified workforce emerging out of the forces.
As its footprints expands across the country, the company has the capacity to employ all of around 60,000 uniformed men retiring every year, Colonel (Retired) S.P. Nanda, Vice-President, Reliance Industries, told a day-long seminar in New Delhi here today. A large number of jobs are also being constantly created by the group in specialized professions like drivers for cranes, bulldozers and earthmovers and heavy machinery operators.
The Indian Veterans Network, a body of retired defence personnel from India and abroad, was launched on the occasion by the chief guest, former Information and Broadcasting Minister Brigadier (Retd.) K. P. Singh Deo,. An initiative of the Chandigarh-based Institute of Tourism and Future Management (ITFT-Group), the Network, to be registered as a society and consisting of retired officers of the three services, would provide a platform for reoccupation and welfare of their families.
Addressing the delegates, Lt. General (Retd.) Ranjit Singh Dyal, ITFT Chairman and former Lt. Governor of Pondicherry and Andaman and Nicobar islands, said a global network conference of Indian Veterans would be held on the sidelines of the 3-day Bharatiya Pravasi Diwas celebrations in January next year. General Dyal said the conference would offer an opportunity to interact with about 8,000 ex-servicemen settled abroad, part of the 26 million Indian diaspora, and explore overseas job opportunities for retiring servicemen.
Dr. Gulshan Sharma, Executive Director, ITFT, said the group runs a website Defence Welfare Call, www.defencewelfarecall.com to act as bridge between the Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) and the private industry.
Major General Harwant Krishan, DGR, also spoke on the occasion.
(Release ID :29578)