English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- PM inaugurates Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Tokyo
- PM’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
- PM's keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Revised strategy for Kala Azar eradication launched
- Min of Home Affairs
- MHA Asks Manipur Govt to Take Preventive Steps in view of UNC Blockade
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Rural Development
- Sweeping changes made in MGNREGA by Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Science & Technology
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) Releases the Annual Report for the Year 2013-14
- MoU Signed between National Cancer Institute, AIIMS, Jhajjar Campus and DBT, GOI
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Railways31-August, 2007 20:48 IST
|K C Jena takes over as Chairman, Railway Board|
|Shri K. C. Jena, an officer of 1971 batch of Indian Railway Traffic Service, has taken over as the new Chairman, Railway Board and ex-officio Principal Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of Railways, here today. His ascendancy to the Railway Board comes at a time when the Indian Railways is witness to an unprecedented turnaround and is on the throes of an order-of-magnitude change. Prior to this he has been holding the post of Member (Staff), Railway Board since 31st July 2006.|
Shri Jena has risen to the highest office in the Indian Railways, after having held important operational management assignments on the South Eastern Railway including that of the Chief Freight Traffic Manager. Known by his dynamic leadership and pro-active approach to challenges, he joined the Railway Board initially as Executive Director (Safety) and then took over as Executive Director (Coaching).
He also served as the Chief Commercial Manager (Passenger Services) and thereafter as Chief Operating Manager, Western Railway. During this tenure, he received the prestigious Zonal Efficiency Shield for Excellency in Operations for the year 2004-05. His stint as Division Railway Manager, Vadodra saw path-breaking initiatives in the field of passenger amenities and in pioneering the concept of Special Purpose Vehicle as the future to modernization and expansion of Indian Raillways.
Shri Jena was elevated to the post of Additional General Manager, Central Railway and thereafter, took over the dual charge of the posts of General Manager, North Central Railway, Allahabad and General Manager, East Central Railway, Hajipur. Later, he continued as General Manager, East Central Railway.
He brings to the office his erudite knowledge and scholarship, imbibed in the course of his study, among others, at the Madras Christian College, Chennai and the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. He joined the Indian Railway Traffic Service in the year 1971.
Shri Jena traveled extensively, both within and outside the country whereby he could glean the challenges and opportunities for the Indian Railways. He has received training in U.K. on Inter-modal traffic at the University College of Cardiff, on Management Information Systems in Sweden, Germany and the USA and on Management Essentials for High Potential Executives at STERN School of Business, New York, USA.
Shri Jena was elected as the National Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), India, headquartered in U.K. in March 2007. He has been the recipient of the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Sadhbhawana Award for the year 2007 from Rajiv Gandhi Foundation.
( The photograph of Shri Jena ias available on the PIB website i.e. pib.nic.in)
(Release ID :30790)