English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Armed Forces Mount Massive Relief Operations in Uttarakhand and Himachal
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MoPNG rebuts allegations regarding KG D-6 Field
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Defence03-September, 2007 17:13 IST
|Book on Customs & Etiquettes in the Services Released|
|Lt Gen SPS Dhillon, GOC Desert Corps, released the new edition of “Customs &
Etiquette in the Services ”at a well attended ceremony at Jodhpur today.
”Customs & Etiquette in the Services” is written by Maj Gen RK Arora and Col HR
Roach and is considered the Bible of Etiquette amongst armed forces officers. The book was first published in 1956 and has been updated with every edition.
The 216 page attractive book, published by Dehra Dun based Natraj Publishers,
deals with customs of the Army, Navy and the Air Force is a semi-official treatise on how an officer is expected to conduct himself not only when on parade , but more importantly when off parade. Paying of compliments, the dress code, the esoteric art of table manners, the procedures to be followed during Dinner and Regimental Guest Nights, the Officers dress Code, and a host of customs and rituals, which have since time immemorial acted as a unifying and driving force amongst the Services, have been encapsulated in language easily understandable by the professional soldier as well as the layman. This latest edition also contains a chapter on etiquette for the Lady Officers and another on etiquette on the Golf Course. This book should also be of immense interest to a wide.
Maj Gen Arora is the GOC of the Battle Axe Division. He has also written a
number of books on military history. His last book “The Trishakti Corps : A Saga of Success” was released in September last year.
Col Roach was an instructor at the Indian Military Academy, Dehra Dun, when the book was first written. He has since retired from service.
The book has a foreword by Adjutant General of the Army, Lt Gen Thomas Mathew. As per Lt Gen Mathew, the book is appropriate for people in all walks of life.
(Release ID :30827)