English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys greetings on United Nations Day
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Defence05-September, 2007 18:46 IST
|Manuscript in History Division of MoD|
The manuscript of “The History of Azad Hind Fauz (Indian National Army)” written by eminent Historian Late Dr. Praful Chandra Gupta at the behest of the Government of India is presently in the custody of the History Division of the Ministry of Defence. The said manuscript is open for consultation by any person interested in it. There is no proposal before the Government to publish the manuscript.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Subrata Bose in Lok Sabha today.
SALE OF DEFENCE PRODUCTS TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES
Encouraging exports of defence products is an on-going exercise and Defence Public Sector Undertakings and Ordnance Factory Board are engaged in sale of Defence products to countries like Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan etc. The Government, through Defence Public Sector Undertakings & Ordnance Factory Boards, has exported defence products amounting to Rs. 428.84 crores during the year 2006-2007.
During 2005-2007, proposals for possible purchase of defence products have been received from various countries like Indonesia, Chile, Nepal, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Israel, Algeria, Botswana, Kenya, Belgium, Cyprus, Turkey, Surinam etc. and these are examined and orders executed in consultation with the Defence Public Sector Undertakings and Ordnance Factory Board and Ministry of External Affairs.
This information was given by the Of State for Defence Production Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply to Shri Subhash Sureshchandra Deshmukh in Lok Sabha today.
PILOTLESS AIRCRAFT LAKSHYA
So far, 23 Pilotless Target Aircraft Lakshya have been inducted into the defence services. The production cost of one aircraft is Rs. 293.75 lakh. Some countries, like Singapore, Malaysia and Israel have expressed interest for “paid demonstration” of the Lakshya aircrafts as a target. A similar “paid demonstration” was conducted for Israel’s Air Force during the year 2002.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Ramdas Athawale in Lok Sabha today.
samir / raj
(Release ID :30907)