English Release 30-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
President to flag off the ‘Run for Unity’ tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vice President's Secretariat
- STUDENTS FROM J&K UNDER AEGIS OF SADBHAVNA EDUCATIONAL /MOTIVATIONAL TOUR CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Vice President Inaugurates 7th Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Scientific Session
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles loss of lives in Sri Lanka landslide
- Shri Azim Premji calls on the Prime Minister
- Goa CM calls on PM
- Department of Space
- Engineers’ Conclave-2014 to be held in Bangalore
- Min of Agriculture
- Shaida Moh. Abdali Afghanistan Ambassador Calls on
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh
- Good Performance of NCDC
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Sugar production estimated 250.46 lakh tons during 2014-15
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Announces Measures for Fiscal Prudence and Economy; Every Ministry / Department to Effect A Mandatory 10% Cut in Non-Plan Expenditure; Utmost Economy to be Observed in Organizing Conferences/Seminars/Workshops; Ban on Purchase of Vehicles; in all Cases of Air Travel, the Lowest Air Fare Tickets Available for Entitled Class to be Purchased/Procured.
- Government Committed to Increase Savings Rate in the Country: Secretary, Financial Services;
- Finance Minister Asks the Senior Officers of the Income Tax Department not to Lose Sight of Domestic Black Money
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
For ending TB, Dr Harsh Vardhan calls for “Power of belief”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Activities on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas celebrations on 31st October
- Union Home Minister Approves Grant of Higher Compensation to Victims of Riots, Naxal and Terrorist Violence
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of HRD to Host 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Shri Arvind Mayaram is New Secretary of Minority Affairs
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of Government Offices today in connection with the “Run for Unity” flag off at Vijay Chowk
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.14 per bbl on 29.10.2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Japan offers assistance in promoting Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Visit Kanpur Tomorrow
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to hold first round of Regional Consultations on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Chandigarh tomorrow
Ministry of Defence05-September, 2007 18:46 IST
|Manuscript in History Division of MoD|
The manuscript of “The History of Azad Hind Fauz (Indian National Army)” written by eminent Historian Late Dr. Praful Chandra Gupta at the behest of the Government of India is presently in the custody of the History Division of the Ministry of Defence. The said manuscript is open for consultation by any person interested in it. There is no proposal before the Government to publish the manuscript.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Subrata Bose in Lok Sabha today.
SALE OF DEFENCE PRODUCTS TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES
Encouraging exports of defence products is an on-going exercise and Defence Public Sector Undertakings and Ordnance Factory Board are engaged in sale of Defence products to countries like Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan etc. The Government, through Defence Public Sector Undertakings & Ordnance Factory Boards, has exported defence products amounting to Rs. 428.84 crores during the year 2006-2007.
During 2005-2007, proposals for possible purchase of defence products have been received from various countries like Indonesia, Chile, Nepal, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Israel, Algeria, Botswana, Kenya, Belgium, Cyprus, Turkey, Surinam etc. and these are examined and orders executed in consultation with the Defence Public Sector Undertakings and Ordnance Factory Board and Ministry of External Affairs.
This information was given by the Of State for Defence Production Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply to Shri Subhash Sureshchandra Deshmukh in Lok Sabha today.
PILOTLESS AIRCRAFT LAKSHYA
So far, 23 Pilotless Target Aircraft Lakshya have been inducted into the defence services. The production cost of one aircraft is Rs. 293.75 lakh. Some countries, like Singapore, Malaysia and Israel have expressed interest for “paid demonstration” of the Lakshya aircrafts as a target. A similar “paid demonstration” was conducted for Israel’s Air Force during the year 2002.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Ramdas Athawale in Lok Sabha today.
samir / raj
(Release ID :30907)