English Release 22-May 2013
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President’s Banquet Speech at Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister’s speech on the occasion of the release of the ‘Report to the People'
- Election Commission
- Enviornment Ministry Celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity
- Min of Agriculture
Farmers, Farming Communities Honoured for their Contribution in Conserving Plant Genetic Resources
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- ICSI Conducts National Seminar on ‘Indian Financial Code’
- Min of Defence
- Minister of State for Defence Visits AFMS Institutions
- Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University will be laid Tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- P. Chidambaram’s Speech at ICSI Seminar on Indian Financial Code
- Change in Tariff Value of Gold Notified
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo-China Bilateral Meet on Healthcare Sector Held
- Azad Meets Sebelius at Geneva
- Min of Mines
Health Problems of Persons in Mining Sector
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket falls sharply
to 101.98/US$ bbl on 21.5.2013
- Min of Power
Hydro Power Generation Capacity
- Planning Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Plan for 2013-14 Finalized
Cabinet06-September, 2007 20:52 IST
|Establishment of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at Bhubaneswar|
|The Union Cabinet today gave its approval for establishment of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at Bhubaneswar at an estimated cost of Rs. 823.19 crore and also creation of 761 posts in academic, scientific, technical, administrative and auxiliary categories.
NISER will start functioning initially from the campus of Institute of Physics (IOP) and its academic programme will start from September, 2007.
The said institute will conduct the following programmes in science education for bright and meritorious students selected on all-India basis :
a) An integrtated 5 year M.Sc. programme in the core and emerging branches of Basic Sciences to students after their 10+2 Higher Secondary schooling. This in turn will be integrated with Ph.D. programme on the one hand and employment in various R&D organizations and industry in the country on the other.
b) Integrated m.Sc. + Ph.D after B.Sc from other Universities.
c) Ph. D. programme after M.Sc. from other universities.
(Release ID :31005)