English Release 2-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates Germany on the occasion of Unification Day
- President pays floral tributes to Mahatma Gandhi and Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Prime Minister's Office
- Swachh Bharat Mission: Sidelights
- PM makes surprise visit to Mandir Marg police station, New Delhi
- PM launches Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan
- PM pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi ji and Lal Bahadur Shastri ji, on their birth anniversary
- Min of Civil Aviation
- Airports Undertake “Swachh Bharat” Drive
- Min of Defence
- Swachhata Shapath Samaroh by Indian Army
- Ministry of Finance
- 5.29 Crore Accounts Opened under PMJDY-3.12 Crore in Rural and 2.17 Crore in Urban Areas; RuPay Card issued in 1.78 Crore Accounts
- Min of Power
- One Lakh Toilets in Schools to be constructed by Energy PSUs within a Year : Piyush Goyal
- Address by Shri Piyush Goyal in connection with
Swachh Bharat Mission
- Min of Rural Development
- 20 Lakh Rupees to Every Village per annum in the Country for Swachhta Mission-Gadkari
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance on Day 13 at Asian Games 2014
Cabinet06-September, 2007 20:52 IST
|Establishment of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at Bhubaneswar|
|The Union Cabinet today gave its approval for establishment of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at Bhubaneswar at an estimated cost of Rs. 823.19 crore and also creation of 761 posts in academic, scientific, technical, administrative and auxiliary categories.
NISER will start functioning initially from the campus of Institute of Physics (IOP) and its academic programme will start from September, 2007.
The said institute will conduct the following programmes in science education for bright and meritorious students selected on all-India basis :
a) An integrtated 5 year M.Sc. programme in the core and emerging branches of Basic Sciences to students after their 10+2 Higher Secondary schooling. This in turn will be integrated with Ph.D. programme on the one hand and employment in various R&D organizations and industry in the country on the other.
b) Integrated m.Sc. + Ph.D after B.Sc from other Universities.
c) Ph. D. programme after M.Sc. from other universities.
(Release ID :31005)