English Release 31-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India Congratulates DRDO on the Successful Test-Firing of Agni-V
- President’s Message on the Occasion of 38th Anniversary of Indian Coast Guard
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes our scientists, on the successful test-firing of Agni V missile
- PM gives best wishes to all athletes participating in the 35th National Games
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat Released
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
Cabinet06-September, 2007 20:52 IST
|Establishment of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at Bhubaneswar|
|The Union Cabinet today gave its approval for establishment of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at Bhubaneswar at an estimated cost of Rs. 823.19 crore and also creation of 761 posts in academic, scientific, technical, administrative and auxiliary categories.
NISER will start functioning initially from the campus of Institute of Physics (IOP) and its academic programme will start from September, 2007.
The said institute will conduct the following programmes in science education for bright and meritorious students selected on all-India basis :
a) An integrtated 5 year M.Sc. programme in the core and emerging branches of Basic Sciences to students after their 10+2 Higher Secondary schooling. This in turn will be integrated with Ph.D. programme on the one hand and employment in various R&D organizations and industry in the country on the other.
b) Integrated m.Sc. + Ph.D after B.Sc from other Universities.
c) Ph. D. programme after M.Sc. from other universities.
(Release ID :31005)