English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Joint Editorial by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and US President Mr. Barack Obama, published on the website of Washington Post
- PM to share his thoughts with the countrymen through Radio
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of Agriculture
- Inclusion of State of Bihar under Foot and Mouth Disease Control Programme (FMD-CP)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), August, 2014
- Min of Defence
India US Combined Military Training Exercise
- Ministry of Finance
Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Task Forces as Recommended by FSLRC Constituted for Laying the Road Map for Setting-up of Resolution Corporation (RC), Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC), Financial Sector Appellate Tribunal (FSAT) and Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)
- Centralized Processing Center (CPC), Bengluru Becomes ISO-27001:2005 Compliant
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Shri Kapil Dev Tripathi take Charge of Secretary Department of Public Enterprises
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister receives contribution to PMNRF from National Police Academy
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Concept to be Finalised Soon for Impementation of the Sagar Mala Project
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Swachh Bharat Mission Logo and Tagline contest winners to be felicitated by Prime Minister
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Administer Swachh Bharat Shapath
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Defence30-September, 2007 10:45 IST
|General Deepak Kapoor is New Army Chief|
|General Deepak Kapoor, till recently the Vice Chief of the Army has taken over the reins of the Indian Army from General JJ Singh, who retired at mid-day today. The change over of the baton was solemnized in a simple ceremony in the Army Chief’s office, here today. This was preceded by a farewell guard of honor to General JJ Singh in the lawns of the South Block. Gen JJ Singh, also paid homage to the martyrs at the Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate.
General Deepak Kapoor, the 23rd Chief of the second largest Army in the world, brings with him vast and rich experiences in strategic thought; operational excellence and effective management of vast multi-technology and multi-disciplinary resources including vast financial and human capitals that the Indian Army employs.
An alumnus of Sainik School, Defence Services Staff College, the Army War College and the National Defence College, General Kapoor’s rise through the steep pyramidical hierarchy of the Army, to its very apex, has been a journey that saw him performing extra-ordinarily well in a large number of key prestigious appointments.
Commissioned in the Corps of Artillery in June 1967, as a young officer, General Kapoor participated in the war for liberation of Bangladesh in 1971. In addition, he has represented the country as the Chief Operations Officer for all United Nations Forces deployed in Somalia from 1994 to 1995, for which, he was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal in January 1996.
During his service as a Brigade Commander deployed on the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir, the General was awarded the Sena Medal (Devotion to Duty) in January 1998.
During OP PARAKRAM, General Kapoor commanded one of the most prestigious Divisions of a Strike Corps. He went on to command a Corps in the North East deployed along the Sino – Indian frontier. For his excellent command of the Corps, the General Officer was awarded Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in January 2006. On promotion as Army Commander, he commended the Army Training Command at Shimla. Thereafter, he commanded the largest and the most sensitive command of the Indian Army i.e. the Northern Command from September 2005 to December 2006. As a result of his sustained efforts, both the violence levels and infiltration came down appreciably in the State of J&K. For his efforts, the General Officer was awarded Param Vishist Seva Medal in January 2007. His last appointment was that of the Vice Chief of Army Staff.
An avid reader, intellectual and strategic thinker as well as a keen sportsman, General Kapoor takes over the command of the Indian Army in the midst of shifting paradigms in national security challenges and at a time when the Indian Army has embarked upon a transformation process to incorporate cutting edge technologies to enhance and retain its competitive advantage.
The General Officer has an abiding interest in self-improvement and acquisition of knowledge, in pursuance of which he acquired Masters Degree in Political Science, Military Science and Business Administration
The General is married to Mrs Kirti , daughter of an army veteran, Brig KP Pande, who is a recipient of Maha Vir Chakra. Kapoors have two children- daughter and a son, both of whom are married.
(Release ID :31552)