English Release 30-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
President to flag off the ‘Run for Unity’ tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vice President's Secretariat
- STUDENTS FROM J&K UNDER AEGIS OF SADBHAVNA EDUCATIONAL /MOTIVATIONAL TOUR CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Vice President Inaugurates 7th Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Scientific Session
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles loss of lives in Sri Lanka landslide
- Shri Azim Premji calls on the Prime Minister
- Goa CM calls on PM
- Department of Space
- Engineers’ Conclave-2014 to be held in Bangalore
- Min of Agriculture
- Shaida Moh. Abdali Afghanistan Ambassador Calls on
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh
- Good Performance of NCDC
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Sugar production estimated 250.46 lakh tons during 2014-15
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Announces Measures for Fiscal Prudence and Economy; Every Ministry / Department to Effect A Mandatory 10% Cut in Non-Plan Expenditure; Utmost Economy to be Observed in Organizing Conferences/Seminars/Workshops; Ban on Purchase of Vehicles; in all Cases of Air Travel, the Lowest Air Fare Tickets Available for Entitled Class to be Purchased/Procured.
- Government Committed to Increase Savings Rate in the Country: Secretary, Financial Services;
- Finance Minister Asks the Senior Officers of the Income Tax Department not to Lose Sight of Domestic Black Money
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
For ending TB, Dr Harsh Vardhan calls for “Power of belief”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Activities on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas celebrations on 31st October
- Union Home Minister Approves Grant of Higher Compensation to Victims of Riots, Naxal and Terrorist Violence
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of HRD to Host 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Shri Arvind Mayaram is New Secretary of Minority Affairs
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of Government Offices today in connection with the “Run for Unity” flag off at Vijay Chowk
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.14 per bbl on 29.10.2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Japan offers assistance in promoting Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Visit Kanpur Tomorrow
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to hold first round of Regional Consultations on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Chandigarh tomorrow
Ministry of Science & Technology01-November, 2007 17:8 IST
|India and France celebrate 20 years of cooperation in Science|
| Shri Kapil Sibal, Union Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences and Mrs. Valerie Pecresse, Minister for Higher Education and Research, France, who is visiting India from 1st - 3rd November 2007 met today in New Delhi during the 20th anniversary celebrations of the Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR). |
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Pecresse said that her first visit, away from Europe, to India, is in order to underline the importance the French government attaches to the development of Indo-French relations particularly to university and scientific cooperation between the two countries.
Addressing the gathering Shri Kapil Sibal paid rich compliments to the Indo-French cooperation in the field of science. He expressed confidence that the two countries will take it forward to bring solutions to the world confronted with huge issues such as environment, water management and health which are global in nature.
Within the overall goal of increasing scientific cooperation between India and France, three important areas which were focused were the
· Setting up of 3 International Associated Laboratories (IAL) in the field of neurosciences, nanomaterials and organic chemistry.
· To aid the setting up of an Indo-French Institute of science and water.
· To pave the way for further expanding Indo-French cooperation in the field of space.
Highlighting the role of IFCPAR as an efficient instrument of bilateral management of scientific research projects, as reflected by its achievements, Ms Pecresse conferred the French award for significant contributions to education, “Officier des Palmes Academiques”, on Dr. Shiva Prasad, Director, IFCPAR.
(Release ID :32344)