English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Science & Technology01-November, 2007 17:8 IST
|India and France celebrate 20 years of cooperation in Science|
| Shri Kapil Sibal, Union Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences and Mrs. Valerie Pecresse, Minister for Higher Education and Research, France, who is visiting India from 1st - 3rd November 2007 met today in New Delhi during the 20th anniversary celebrations of the Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR). |
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Pecresse said that her first visit, away from Europe, to India, is in order to underline the importance the French government attaches to the development of Indo-French relations particularly to university and scientific cooperation between the two countries.
Addressing the gathering Shri Kapil Sibal paid rich compliments to the Indo-French cooperation in the field of science. He expressed confidence that the two countries will take it forward to bring solutions to the world confronted with huge issues such as environment, water management and health which are global in nature.
Within the overall goal of increasing scientific cooperation between India and France, three important areas which were focused were the
· Setting up of 3 International Associated Laboratories (IAL) in the field of neurosciences, nanomaterials and organic chemistry.
· To aid the setting up of an Indo-French Institute of science and water.
· To pave the way for further expanding Indo-French cooperation in the field of space.
Highlighting the role of IFCPAR as an efficient instrument of bilateral management of scientific research projects, as reflected by its achievements, Ms Pecresse conferred the French award for significant contributions to education, “Officier des Palmes Academiques”, on Dr. Shiva Prasad, Director, IFCPAR.
(Release ID :32344)