English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Science & Technology01-November, 2007 17:8 IST
|India and France celebrate 20 years of cooperation in Science|
| Shri Kapil Sibal, Union Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences and Mrs. Valerie Pecresse, Minister for Higher Education and Research, France, who is visiting India from 1st - 3rd November 2007 met today in New Delhi during the 20th anniversary celebrations of the Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR). |
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Pecresse said that her first visit, away from Europe, to India, is in order to underline the importance the French government attaches to the development of Indo-French relations particularly to university and scientific cooperation between the two countries.
Addressing the gathering Shri Kapil Sibal paid rich compliments to the Indo-French cooperation in the field of science. He expressed confidence that the two countries will take it forward to bring solutions to the world confronted with huge issues such as environment, water management and health which are global in nature.
Within the overall goal of increasing scientific cooperation between India and France, three important areas which were focused were the
· Setting up of 3 International Associated Laboratories (IAL) in the field of neurosciences, nanomaterials and organic chemistry.
· To aid the setting up of an Indo-French Institute of science and water.
· To pave the way for further expanding Indo-French cooperation in the field of space.
Highlighting the role of IFCPAR as an efficient instrument of bilateral management of scientific research projects, as reflected by its achievements, Ms Pecresse conferred the French award for significant contributions to education, “Officier des Palmes Academiques”, on Dr. Shiva Prasad, Director, IFCPAR.
(Release ID :32344)