English Release 21-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- Premier of the State Council of China calls on President
- Election Commission
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancy from 2 – Mandi Parliamentary Constituency (Himachal Pradesh) - Regarding
- Min of Agriculture
Farmers, Farming Communities to be Honoured for Conserving Plant Genetic Resources
- Min of Defence
- Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV)ICGS ‘Vaibhav’commissioned
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Development of Community Forest Resources
- Ministry of Finance
- Shashi Kant Sharma, Defence Secretary Appointed as the New Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Rationalisation of With-Holding Tax (WHT) to Encourage Greater Subscription in Indian Debt Securities by Foreign Investors, Encourage Development of the Indian Debt Market and Accelerate the Pace of Growth of the Indian Economy
- Government urges all tax Payers to Disclose their True income and pay Appropriate taxes within the Current Financial Year;
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo- Swiss Bilateral Meet Held at Geneva
- Min of Home Affairs
- Anti-Terrorism Day Observed
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket Rises sharply
to 102.50/US$ bbl on 20.5.2013
- Min of Power
- Sustainability Report of NTPC Released
- Min of Steel
- Steel Minister reviews SAIL’s performance and progress of Modernisation and Expansion
- Planning Commission
- Minister Administers Anti-Terrorism Oath
Ministry of Science & Technology01-November, 2007 17:8 IST
|India and France celebrate 20 years of cooperation in Science|
| Shri Kapil Sibal, Union Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences and Mrs. Valerie Pecresse, Minister for Higher Education and Research, France, who is visiting India from 1st - 3rd November 2007 met today in New Delhi during the 20th anniversary celebrations of the Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR). |
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Pecresse said that her first visit, away from Europe, to India, is in order to underline the importance the French government attaches to the development of Indo-French relations particularly to university and scientific cooperation between the two countries.
Addressing the gathering Shri Kapil Sibal paid rich compliments to the Indo-French cooperation in the field of science. He expressed confidence that the two countries will take it forward to bring solutions to the world confronted with huge issues such as environment, water management and health which are global in nature.
Within the overall goal of increasing scientific cooperation between India and France, three important areas which were focused were the
· Setting up of 3 International Associated Laboratories (IAL) in the field of neurosciences, nanomaterials and organic chemistry.
· To aid the setting up of an Indo-French Institute of science and water.
· To pave the way for further expanding Indo-French cooperation in the field of space.
Highlighting the role of IFCPAR as an efficient instrument of bilateral management of scientific research projects, as reflected by its achievements, Ms Pecresse conferred the French award for significant contributions to education, “Officier des Palmes Academiques”, on Dr. Shiva Prasad, Director, IFCPAR.
(Release ID :32344)