English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Science & Technology01-November, 2007 17:8 IST
|India and France celebrate 20 years of cooperation in Science|
| Shri Kapil Sibal, Union Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences and Mrs. Valerie Pecresse, Minister for Higher Education and Research, France, who is visiting India from 1st - 3rd November 2007 met today in New Delhi during the 20th anniversary celebrations of the Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR). |
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Pecresse said that her first visit, away from Europe, to India, is in order to underline the importance the French government attaches to the development of Indo-French relations particularly to university and scientific cooperation between the two countries.
Addressing the gathering Shri Kapil Sibal paid rich compliments to the Indo-French cooperation in the field of science. He expressed confidence that the two countries will take it forward to bring solutions to the world confronted with huge issues such as environment, water management and health which are global in nature.
Within the overall goal of increasing scientific cooperation between India and France, three important areas which were focused were the
· Setting up of 3 International Associated Laboratories (IAL) in the field of neurosciences, nanomaterials and organic chemistry.
· To aid the setting up of an Indo-French Institute of science and water.
· To pave the way for further expanding Indo-French cooperation in the field of space.
Highlighting the role of IFCPAR as an efficient instrument of bilateral management of scientific research projects, as reflected by its achievements, Ms Pecresse conferred the French award for significant contributions to education, “Officier des Palmes Academiques”, on Dr. Shiva Prasad, Director, IFCPAR.
(Release ID :32344)