English Release 21-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes the bravery of our policemen on Police Commemoration Day
- PM greets the nation on Dhanteras
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.12 per bbl on 20.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 2 Gold, 1silver & 3 Bronze at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 20th October, 2014
Ministry of Water Resources03-December, 2007 16:48 IST
|Suberna Rekha Project|
Subernarekha Barrage project (West Bengal) envisages construction of a barrage across Subernarekha river downstream of Chandil dam and Galudih barrage near Bhosraghat to irrigate 1,14,198 ha annually in the Midnapur district of West Bengal through a left bank canal and its distribution system covering a culturable command area of 96,860 ha as approved by the Planning Commission in 1995. The project was taken up for construction in the year 1995-96 at an estimated cost of Rs. 215.61 crore (1987 price level).
As per the existing guidelines on AIBP, the irrigation projects benefiting drought prone/tribal/flood prone areas are eligible for up to 90% grant of the project cost included in AIBP depending on the extent of irrigation benefits provided by the project to such area that has been proposed in AIBP. The extent to which, the Suberna Rekha project could receive funding under AIBP could be decided on receipt of proposal from State Government of West Bengal as per guidelines of the AIBP in force. Irrigation being a state subject, the planning, execution, funding as well as priority of execution of such projects is within the purview of the concerned State Government.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Water Resources, Shri Jai Prakash Narayan Yadav in response to a question by Shri Prabodh Panda in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :33636)