English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Water Resources03-December, 2007 16:48 IST
|Suberna Rekha Project|
Subernarekha Barrage project (West Bengal) envisages construction of a barrage across Subernarekha river downstream of Chandil dam and Galudih barrage near Bhosraghat to irrigate 1,14,198 ha annually in the Midnapur district of West Bengal through a left bank canal and its distribution system covering a culturable command area of 96,860 ha as approved by the Planning Commission in 1995. The project was taken up for construction in the year 1995-96 at an estimated cost of Rs. 215.61 crore (1987 price level).
As per the existing guidelines on AIBP, the irrigation projects benefiting drought prone/tribal/flood prone areas are eligible for up to 90% grant of the project cost included in AIBP depending on the extent of irrigation benefits provided by the project to such area that has been proposed in AIBP. The extent to which, the Suberna Rekha project could receive funding under AIBP could be decided on receipt of proposal from State Government of West Bengal as per guidelines of the AIBP in force. Irrigation being a state subject, the planning, execution, funding as well as priority of execution of such projects is within the purview of the concerned State Government.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Water Resources, Shri Jai Prakash Narayan Yadav in response to a question by Shri Prabodh Panda in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :33636)