English Release 22-May 2013
- Election Commission
- Enviornment Ministry Celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity
- Min of Defence
- Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University will be laid Tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Gold Notified
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo-China Bilateral Meet on Healthcare Sector Held
- Azad Meets Sebelius at Geneva
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket falls sharply
to 101.98/US$ bbl on 21.5.2013
Ministry of Agriculture03-December, 2007 17:36 IST
|21234 HA Brought Under Bamboo Plantation by National Bamboo Mission|
|Lok Sabha |
The National Bamboo Mission of Department of Agriculture & Cooperation has been implemented in 25 States in the country with an objective to promote the growth of the bamboo sector through area based regionally differentiated strategies and to increase the coverage of area under bamboo in potential areas, etc. So far, an amount of Rs.98.93 crore has been released to various States and as per their initial reports, an area of 21234 ha. has been brought under bamboo plantation, 5217 ha. Existing stock improved, 220 Nurseries established, 1199 farmers/entrepreneurs trained. Besides, State-level workshops/demonstration, etc. were conducted.
The partnership has been useful in setting up nurseries, raising bamboo plantations and training of farmers/entrepreneurs in bamboo cultivation.
This information was given by Shri Kanti Lal Bhuria, Minister of State for Agriculture in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :33649)