English Release 25-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT OF INDIA WELCOMES US PRESIDENT AT FORECOURT OF RASHTRAPATI BHAVAN
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets the fellow citizens and Election Commission of India on National Voters' Day
- Min of Defence
- Republic Day Parade 2015- A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Home Affairs
- Jeevan Raksha Padak Awards – 2014 announced
- Republic Day Police Medals 2015 Announced
- Republic Day Correctional Service Medals Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC appointments
- Ministry of Railways
- Three RPF Personnel Awarded President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service
Ministry of Defence06-December, 2007 15:40 IST
|India successfully conducts interceptor supersonic missile test|
|Indian Defence scientists today successfully carried out the second launch of a Single Stage Interceptor Missile against an incoming ballistic missile target of enemy represented by a modified Prithvi Missile at the Wheeler Island near Bay of Bengal, close to the Dhamra coast in Orissa.
The endo-atmospheric Interceptor intercepted the missile at 15 Km altitude exactly as designed at high supersonic speed at 11 this morning. All the elements of Ballistic Missile Defence System such as Long Range Tracking Radar, Multi-function Fire Control Radar, Mission Control Centre, Launch Control Centre, Mobile Launcher, Mobile and Multi Layer Communication System, Data Links to Interceptor participated in the mission. The Interceptor and all the Elements performed in a copybook fashion validating the design of the Endo-Atmospheric layer of the BMD system.
The Defence Minister Shri AK Antony has congratulated the DRDO team led by Dr. V. K. Saraswat for this significant accomplishment.
(Release ID :33815)