English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Defence06-December, 2007 15:40 IST
|India successfully conducts interceptor supersonic missile test|
|Indian Defence scientists today successfully carried out the second launch of a Single Stage Interceptor Missile against an incoming ballistic missile target of enemy represented by a modified Prithvi Missile at the Wheeler Island near Bay of Bengal, close to the Dhamra coast in Orissa.
The endo-atmospheric Interceptor intercepted the missile at 15 Km altitude exactly as designed at high supersonic speed at 11 this morning. All the elements of Ballistic Missile Defence System such as Long Range Tracking Radar, Multi-function Fire Control Radar, Mission Control Centre, Launch Control Centre, Mobile Launcher, Mobile and Multi Layer Communication System, Data Links to Interceptor participated in the mission. The Interceptor and all the Elements performed in a copybook fashion validating the design of the Endo-Atmospheric layer of the BMD system.
The Defence Minister Shri AK Antony has congratulated the DRDO team led by Dr. V. K. Saraswat for this significant accomplishment.
(Release ID :33815)