English Release 14-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India Presents Rajbhasa Awards
The address of Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India, on occasion of Hindi Divas-2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM appeals to friends and well-wishers not to celebrate his birthday; instead to dedicate themselves towards relief work in J&K
- PM condoles the passing away of educationist Kireet Joshi
- Min of Defence
- Round up at 1700 Hrs ---
Over 1,84,000 People Rescued So Far by Armed Forces
More Heavy Duty Suction Pumps Being Airlifted to the Valley
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan proposes floating clinics for flood ravaged Srinagar
- Min of Home Affairs
- National Disaster Response Force has rescued 49,990 people so far
- NCMC Reviews Relief Work in Flood Affected J & K
- National Disaster Response Force continues rescue and relief operations in J&K
Ministry of Defence06-December, 2007 15:40 IST
|India successfully conducts interceptor supersonic missile test|
|Indian Defence scientists today successfully carried out the second launch of a Single Stage Interceptor Missile against an incoming ballistic missile target of enemy represented by a modified Prithvi Missile at the Wheeler Island near Bay of Bengal, close to the Dhamra coast in Orissa.
The endo-atmospheric Interceptor intercepted the missile at 15 Km altitude exactly as designed at high supersonic speed at 11 this morning. All the elements of Ballistic Missile Defence System such as Long Range Tracking Radar, Multi-function Fire Control Radar, Mission Control Centre, Launch Control Centre, Mobile Launcher, Mobile and Multi Layer Communication System, Data Links to Interceptor participated in the mission. The Interceptor and all the Elements performed in a copybook fashion validating the design of the Endo-Atmospheric layer of the BMD system.
The Defence Minister Shri AK Antony has congratulated the DRDO team led by Dr. V. K. Saraswat for this significant accomplishment.
(Release ID :33815)