English Release 22-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President calls on council of IITs to draw up a roadmap for governance in line with global practices
- Prime Minister's Office
- Shri Saurabh Patel, Minister, Govt of Gujarat, calls on PM
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana calls on PM
- PM's address at the Conference of Chairmen of Boards of Governors, and Directors of IITs at Rashtrapati Bhawan
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Doordarshan to host ABU-ROBOCON 2014 International Contest at Pune from 22nd-26th August, 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance Oil & Natural Gas Sector for the month of July, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 99.97 per bbl on 21.08.2014
- Min of Science & Technology
- Collaborative Research
- Ministry of Tourism
- Union Tourism Ministry simplifies procedure for Hotel classification and re-classification
- Tourism Ministry delinks Hotel classification from Liquor Service
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on August 21, 2014
- Ghagra and Rapti Flowing in High Flood Situation
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)17-January, 2008 14:48 IST
|Gauge conversion of Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for gauge conversion of Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola (472.64 km). The cost of the Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola gauge conversion would be about Rs.1421.25 crore. |
There existed a meter gauge North South Link between Jaipur and Secunderabad covering 1469 kms. The line connected major townships like Jaipur, Ajmer and Chhitaurgarh in Rajasthan, Ratlam, Indore, Mhow and Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh, Akola, Purna and Mudkhed in Maharashtra and Manoharbad and Secunderabad in Andhra Pradesh.
Out of 1469 kms on this route, 805 kms from Jaipur to Ratlam and Secunderabad to Purna have already been converted to BG. The work on Akola Purna section covering 210 kms is targeted for completion by March 2008. Thus section from Ratlam to Akola covering about 454 kms is approved for gauge conversion.
Ratlam-Akola conversion will restore shorter alternative North South route link connecting Secunderabad, Chennai with Jaipur, Ajmer, Ratlam, Indore, Khandwa, Akola and other towns in North West Rajasthan.
The route will provide broad gauge connectivity for carrying food grains / oil cakes, cement from Nimach / Chittaurgarh area & various products from Pithampur Special Economic Zones near Mhow to Southern States. It will also facilitate movement of military personnel & equipments to/from Mhow containment.
Work is likely to be completed in a period of 5 years.
(Release ID :34694)