English Release 28-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates Saina Nehwal for achieving World No.1 ranking in Badminton
- President of India congratulates ISRO for the successful launch of PSLV-C27
- Press Communique
- President of India condoles the passing away of P R Kyndiah
- President of India condoles the passing away of Brig. T. Sailo
- Tribal Youth attending the Seventh Tribal Youth Exchange Programme call on the President
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates scientists on the launch of IRNSS-1D satellite
- PM congratulates Saina Nehwal on becoming World No. 1
- Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi calls on PM
- All party delegation of MPs from Tamil Nadu calls on PM
- PM tweets about his upcoming 3-nation tour
- PM greets the people on the occasion of Ram Navami
- Department of Space
- PSLV-C27 Successfully Launches
India's Fourth Navigation Satellite IRNSS-1D
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Blood Sugar test mandatory for every pregnant woman: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Textiles
- India Carpet Expo 2015 attains new heights
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)17-January, 2008 14:48 IST
|Gauge conversion of Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for gauge conversion of Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola (472.64 km). The cost of the Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola gauge conversion would be about Rs.1421.25 crore. |
There existed a meter gauge North South Link between Jaipur and Secunderabad covering 1469 kms. The line connected major townships like Jaipur, Ajmer and Chhitaurgarh in Rajasthan, Ratlam, Indore, Mhow and Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh, Akola, Purna and Mudkhed in Maharashtra and Manoharbad and Secunderabad in Andhra Pradesh.
Out of 1469 kms on this route, 805 kms from Jaipur to Ratlam and Secunderabad to Purna have already been converted to BG. The work on Akola Purna section covering 210 kms is targeted for completion by March 2008. Thus section from Ratlam to Akola covering about 454 kms is approved for gauge conversion.
Ratlam-Akola conversion will restore shorter alternative North South route link connecting Secunderabad, Chennai with Jaipur, Ajmer, Ratlam, Indore, Khandwa, Akola and other towns in North West Rajasthan.
The route will provide broad gauge connectivity for carrying food grains / oil cakes, cement from Nimach / Chittaurgarh area & various products from Pithampur Special Economic Zones near Mhow to Southern States. It will also facilitate movement of military personnel & equipments to/from Mhow containment.
Work is likely to be completed in a period of 5 years.
(Release ID :34694)