English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
- Prime Minister confident of a productive Winter Session of Parliament beginning tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)17-January, 2008 14:48 IST
|Gauge conversion of Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for gauge conversion of Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola (472.64 km). The cost of the Ratlam-Mhow-Khandwa-Akola gauge conversion would be about Rs.1421.25 crore. |
There existed a meter gauge North South Link between Jaipur and Secunderabad covering 1469 kms. The line connected major townships like Jaipur, Ajmer and Chhitaurgarh in Rajasthan, Ratlam, Indore, Mhow and Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh, Akola, Purna and Mudkhed in Maharashtra and Manoharbad and Secunderabad in Andhra Pradesh.
Out of 1469 kms on this route, 805 kms from Jaipur to Ratlam and Secunderabad to Purna have already been converted to BG. The work on Akola Purna section covering 210 kms is targeted for completion by March 2008. Thus section from Ratlam to Akola covering about 454 kms is approved for gauge conversion.
Ratlam-Akola conversion will restore shorter alternative North South route link connecting Secunderabad, Chennai with Jaipur, Ajmer, Ratlam, Indore, Khandwa, Akola and other towns in North West Rajasthan.
The route will provide broad gauge connectivity for carrying food grains / oil cakes, cement from Nimach / Chittaurgarh area & various products from Pithampur Special Economic Zones near Mhow to Southern States. It will also facilitate movement of military personnel & equipments to/from Mhow containment.
Work is likely to be completed in a period of 5 years.
(Release ID :34694)