English Release 21-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Envoys of five nations present credentials to President of India
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM expresses joy on India being re-elected to UNHRC
- PM chairs meeting on urban development issues
- PM’s Telephone Conversation with Prime Minister of Malaysia
- PM to be in Srinagar on Diwali, 23rd October; will spend the day with flood-affected people
- PM salutes the bravery of our policemen on Police Commemoration Day
- PM greets the nation on Dhanteras
- Election Commission
- South Asian Election Commissioners Impressed by Counting Technology and Prompt Results Sharing of Experiences at South Asian Workshop
- Min of Agriculture
- National Seeds Corporation Hands Over Dividend Cheque to Union Agriculture Minister
- Radha Mohan Singh emphasizes the need to increase Productivity of Milch Cattle
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Indian Deegation to the ITU Conference Lead by Communications and Information Technology Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad called for Democratisation of Global Affairs of Telecommunications and Internet Governance
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- Merger of National Spot Exchange Limited
- Google Case
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Shri Shripad Naik launches the National Portal for Museums
- Min of Defence
- Navy Helicopter Airlifts Spares for 132 kv Transmission
Tower on Simhachalam Hill – Visakhapatnam
- Ministry of Finance
- Project Report on “DRISHTI” Submitted to Finance Minister
- Min of Food Processing Industries
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Reiterates the Need to Strengthen further Indo-French Cooperation in Agro-processing Sector.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan spells out Ebola action plan
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production During August 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas Sector for the month of September, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.12 per bbl on 20.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection: A Uniform Standard of Service to Commuters
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr. Jitendra Singh announces hike in fellowship amount to Research Scientists
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 2 Gold, 1silver & 3 Bronze at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 20th October, 2014
- Min of Steel
- Ministry of Steel to set up “Steel Research & Technology Mission of India”
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises30-January, 2008 15:48 IST
|Government permits merger of 50% DA with basic pay for CPSE employees|
|Consequent to the recommendations of the 2nd Pay Revision Committee headed by Justice M. Jagannadha Rao for executives of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs), the Government has permitted merger of 50% of Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay to the employees of CPSEs following 1997 IDA pattern of scales of pay. The Board of Directors of respective CPSEs can decide on the merger of DA with the approval of their Administrative Ministry. The merger of 50% DA will be subject to the following conditions:|
(i) Portion of IDA equal to 50% of the existing basic pay in respect of employees in CPSEs following IDA pattern of pay scales at 1997 levels for employees of CPSEs may be merged w.e.f. 1.1.2007 with the basic pay of the employees and shown distinctly as Dearness Pay (DP), which would be counted for purposes like payment of allowances, transfer grant, retirement benefits, contribution to Contributory Provident Fund, Licence Fee, various advances etc.
(ii) The merger of IDA equal to 50% of the existing basic pay may be allowed to employees of CPSEs following IDA pattern of pay scales at 1997 level that are not loss making and are in a position to absorb the additional expenditure on account of merger of 50% of IDA with basic pay from their own resources without any budgetary support from the Government. The budgetary support would not be available for this purpose.
(iii) Similar benefits of merger of IDA equal to 50% of the existing basic pay as at sub-para (i) above may also be extended to the employees in the IDA pattern pay scales in the Food Corporation of India.
(iv) The entitlements for LTC, TA/DA while on tour and transfer would, however, continue to be governed on the basic pay alone without taking Dearness Pay into account.
(v) Portion of Dearness Allowance converted into Dearness Pay would be deducted from the existing rate of Dearness Allowance while computing quantum of Dearness Allowance.
(vi) The Board of Directors of each CPSE would consider the proposal for 50% merger of DA with Basic Pay for executives and workmen keeping in mind the capacity of the company to pay and submit a proposal to the Administrative Ministry which will approve the proposal with the concurrence of its Financial Advisor.
There are 247 CPSEs in the country as on 31st March, 2007. In total, there are about 16.3 lakh employees in 247 CPSEs as on 31.3.2007. Approximately, 96.4% of the said workforce belong to IDA pattern scales of pay. This decision will benefit most of these employees who are on 1997 IDA scales of pay. With this, one of the major demands of employees of CPSEs has been met by the Government.
(Release ID :35004)