English Release 28-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President to present National Sports Awards tomorrow
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Ganesh Chaturthi
- Prime Minister's Office
- "Excited to meet PM Shinzo Abe": PM tweets in Japanese for the first time
- Min of Defence
- Flagging off Ceremony : NCC Girls Mountaineering Expedition 2014 to MT Rudugaira Peak
- Ministry of Finance
- Report on Public Debt Management for the First Quarter of 2014-15 (April-June 2014) Released
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- New health policy to address health issues of young modern women
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.39 per bbl on 27.08.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Arjuna Awards–2014 for Railway Sportspersons
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)07-February, 2008 14:56 IST
|Electrification of 809 route Kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for electrification of 809 route kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways at a cost of Rs.505.68 crore.|
Electrification of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati will facilitate running long distance freight and passenger trains including Rajdhani and Garib Rath Express towards North East end-to-end on electric traction.
Electrification will contribute to the flexibility by way of continuity of traction and economic operation.
Electrification will also cater to the anticipated increase in passenger and freight traffic by the year 2012 and will also offset requirement of imported crude and diesel, in addition to environmental benefits that accrue.
The project is likely to be completed by 2011-12 i.e. in four year’s time.
(Release ID :35205)