English Release 12-March 2014
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Jharkhand
- Record increase in number of post-graduates in 15th Lok Sabha
- Min of Civil Aviation
- India Aviation-2014 Inaugurated at Hyderabad
- Min of Culture
- Rare Gupta Period Sculptures Discovered in Sarnath Excavations
- Exhibition on Ghadar Party and Transvaal March
- Min of Defence
- CAS Visit to the Andaman Nicobar Command & Eastern Sector
- Min of Law & Justice
- Press Communique
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases marginally to 105.50 per bbl on 11.3.2014
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production and Use-Based Index for the Month of January, 2014 (Base 2004-05=100)
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2010=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined For the Month of February, 2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Growth of 1.7% in tourists availing of “Tourist Visa on Arrival” (VoA) Scheme
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)07-February, 2008 14:56 IST
|Electrification of 809 route Kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for electrification of 809 route kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways at a cost of Rs.505.68 crore.|
Electrification of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati will facilitate running long distance freight and passenger trains including Rajdhani and Garib Rath Express towards North East end-to-end on electric traction.
Electrification will contribute to the flexibility by way of continuity of traction and economic operation.
Electrification will also cater to the anticipated increase in passenger and freight traffic by the year 2012 and will also offset requirement of imported crude and diesel, in addition to environmental benefits that accrue.
The project is likely to be completed by 2011-12 i.e. in four year’s time.
(Release ID :35205)