English Release 26-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Deepen private sector involvement in education, says President
- President of India condoles the passing away of Sitara Devi
- Prime Minister's Office
- Speech by the Prime Minister at the SAARC Summit
- 26/11: PM salutes the bravery of security personnel who laid down their lives and reaffirms commitment to combat terrorism
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Appointment of SPG Director
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 76.91 per bbl on 25.11.2014
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)07-February, 2008 14:56 IST
|Electrification of 809 route Kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for electrification of 809 route kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways at a cost of Rs.505.68 crore.|
Electrification of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati will facilitate running long distance freight and passenger trains including Rajdhani and Garib Rath Express towards North East end-to-end on electric traction.
Electrification will contribute to the flexibility by way of continuity of traction and economic operation.
Electrification will also cater to the anticipated increase in passenger and freight traffic by the year 2012 and will also offset requirement of imported crude and diesel, in addition to environmental benefits that accrue.
The project is likely to be completed by 2011-12 i.e. in four year’s time.
(Release ID :35205)