English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives Rs. 25 lakh cheque for J&K flood relief
- Practice of Yoga best for health: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)07-February, 2008 14:56 IST
|Electrification of 809 route Kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for electrification of 809 route kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways at a cost of Rs.505.68 crore.|
Electrification of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati will facilitate running long distance freight and passenger trains including Rajdhani and Garib Rath Express towards North East end-to-end on electric traction.
Electrification will contribute to the flexibility by way of continuity of traction and economic operation.
Electrification will also cater to the anticipated increase in passenger and freight traffic by the year 2012 and will also offset requirement of imported crude and diesel, in addition to environmental benefits that accrue.
The project is likely to be completed by 2011-12 i.e. in four year’s time.
(Release ID :35205)