English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)07-February, 2008 14:56 IST
|Electrification of 809 route Kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for electrification of 809 route kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways at a cost of Rs.505.68 crore.|
Electrification of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati will facilitate running long distance freight and passenger trains including Rajdhani and Garib Rath Express towards North East end-to-end on electric traction.
Electrification will contribute to the flexibility by way of continuity of traction and economic operation.
Electrification will also cater to the anticipated increase in passenger and freight traffic by the year 2012 and will also offset requirement of imported crude and diesel, in addition to environmental benefits that accrue.
The project is likely to be completed by 2011-12 i.e. in four year’s time.
(Release ID :35205)