English Release 22-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Writers and Artists ‘In-Residence’ call on the President
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Saudi Arabia
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Haryana & Maharashtra 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 1015 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Min of Defence
- BRO Annual Chief Engineers’ Conference 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Home Affairs
- Security is the first and foremost requirement for development says; Union Home Minister
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.35 per bbl on 19.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs & Sports Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian Medal Winners at Asian Games 2014
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)07-February, 2008 14:56 IST
|Electrification of 809 route Kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for electrification of 809 route kilometers of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati section of East Central and Northeast Frontier Railways at a cost of Rs.505.68 crore.|
Electrification of Barauni-Katihar-Guwahati will facilitate running long distance freight and passenger trains including Rajdhani and Garib Rath Express towards North East end-to-end on electric traction.
Electrification will contribute to the flexibility by way of continuity of traction and economic operation.
Electrification will also cater to the anticipated increase in passenger and freight traffic by the year 2012 and will also offset requirement of imported crude and diesel, in addition to environmental benefits that accrue.
The project is likely to be completed by 2011-12 i.e. in four year’s time.
(Release ID :35205)