English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Defence26-August, 2004 19:16 IST
|Projects of DRDO delayed due to imposition of sanctions|
Tejas – Light Combat Aircraft development programme, Kaveri engine development program, Electronic Warfare program for Army and Navy and Futuristic infantry Combat Vehicle (ICV- Abhay) were some important projects/programmes of Defence Research and Development Organisation suffered delay due to the imposition of sanctions.
The set back was overcome through indigenous effort by pooling national talents, third country source development initiative and design adaptation. As part of the national effort thrust for research, indigenous development of components, materials and sub-systems, as national effort in on. The sanctions still remain in force partially.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee in a written reply to Shri B Vinod Kumar in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :3532)