English Release 10-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force tomorrow
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Releases Book “Sunrise in Slums”
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Nagaland
- Fact Sheet on Meghalaya
- Voter turnout in General Elections 2009: Lowest in J&K and Highest in Nagaland
- Fact Sheet on Manipur
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in Vietnam
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases to 105.81 per bbl on 07.3.2014
Ministry of Defence26-August, 2004 19:16 IST
|Projects of DRDO delayed due to imposition of sanctions|
Tejas – Light Combat Aircraft development programme, Kaveri engine development program, Electronic Warfare program for Army and Navy and Futuristic infantry Combat Vehicle (ICV- Abhay) were some important projects/programmes of Defence Research and Development Organisation suffered delay due to the imposition of sanctions.
The set back was overcome through indigenous effort by pooling national talents, third country source development initiative and design adaptation. As part of the national effort thrust for research, indigenous development of components, materials and sub-systems, as national effort in on. The sanctions still remain in force partially.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee in a written reply to Shri B Vinod Kumar in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :3532)