English Release 1-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's address at event to mark completion of 25 years of NASSCOM
- PM writes to Afghan President Dr. Ashraf Ghani, condoles loss of lives in avalanches
- Min for Develop. of North-East Region
- Dr. Jitendra Singh hails Rs 2,362 crore budget allocation for the Northeast
- Min of Coal
- Opening of Applications for Allotment of Schedule 1 Coal Mines
- Ministry of Finance
- Change In Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, Rbd Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, Rbd Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold And Silver Notifie
- New Investment Pattern For Non-Government Provident Funds, Superannuation Funds And Gratuity Funds With Effect From 1st April, 2015
- International Financial Services Centre (IFSC)
- Banking Reforms
- Changes proposed in priority sector lending (psl)-regarding
- Steps Being Taken for Increasing Financing to Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises (Msmes)
- Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (Mudra) Bank
- Introduction of the Atal Pension Yojana
- Highlights of The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Highlights of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (Pmsby – Scheme 1 - for Accidental Death Insurance)
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Parliament to take up Ordinances Replacement Bills in the second week of Budget Sessio
Cabinet13-March, 2008 20:58 IST
|National Mineral Policy, 2008|
|The Union Cabinet today gave its approval to the new National Mineral Policy, 2008, in principle, recommended by the High Level Committee together with the modifications on the basis of consultations with State Governments, inter-ministerial consultations and in line with the recommendations of the GOM and also gave its approval for setting up an independent dispute resolution mechanism, namely Mining Administrative Appellate Tribunal (MAAT).
The implementation of the new National Mineral Policy, 2008 would likely to attract FDI to the value of US$ 250 million per annum in the mining sector by the end of five year.
An amendment Bill will be introduced during Budget Session for bringing about suitable amendments in the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957, the MCR Rules, 1960 and MCDR, 1988 to give effect to the new National Mineral Policy, 2008.
MATT will be made fully operational within six months.
(Release ID :36463)