English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives Rs. 25 lakh cheque for J&K flood relief
- Practice of Yoga best for health: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Cabinet13-March, 2008 20:58 IST
|National Mineral Policy, 2008|
|The Union Cabinet today gave its approval to the new National Mineral Policy, 2008, in principle, recommended by the High Level Committee together with the modifications on the basis of consultations with State Governments, inter-ministerial consultations and in line with the recommendations of the GOM and also gave its approval for setting up an independent dispute resolution mechanism, namely Mining Administrative Appellate Tribunal (MAAT).
The implementation of the new National Mineral Policy, 2008 would likely to attract FDI to the value of US$ 250 million per annum in the mining sector by the end of five year.
An amendment Bill will be introduced during Budget Session for bringing about suitable amendments in the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957, the MCR Rules, 1960 and MCDR, 1988 to give effect to the new National Mineral Policy, 2008.
MATT will be made fully operational within six months.
(Release ID :36463)