English Release 19-June 2013
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare24-March, 2008 12:25 IST
|Avian Influenza in West Bengal
SITUATIONAL REPORT AS ON 21-3-2008 – NO HUMANS AFFECTED
|Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries on 19.03.08 has notified outbreak of Avian Influenza among poultry in Block English Bazar of Malda District.
• The Central RRT has been deputed to Malda.
• In the earlier notified areas of Jiaganj and Raghunathganj-II blocks active house-to-house surveillance is continued. A population of 61884 has been covered in 0-3 Km area.
• In 3-10 Km area, a population of 54,921 has been covered.
• No case of fever/ URI has been detected with exposure history to infected poultry. 24 fever/URI cases have reported to the hospitals but none of them had exposure history.
• 62 Animal Husbandry workers involved in culling/ mop-up activities are under medical supervision.
• Adequate stock of Oseltamivir, personal protective equipments are available with the State/district authorities.
• There is no suspect case of human avian influenza.
The situation is being monitored.
Facts may please be verified before putting out news reports in the media. Daily status reports are being web hoisted and could be accessed at www.mohfw.nic.in.
AVC/SK/Avian Influenza – 290
(Release ID :36853)