English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- PM inaugurates Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Tokyo
- PM’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
- PM's keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Revised strategy for Kala Azar eradication launched
- Min of Home Affairs
- MHA Asks Manipur Govt to Take Preventive Steps in view of UNC Blockade
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Rural Development
- Sweeping changes made in MGNREGA by Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Science & Technology
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) Releases the Annual Report for the Year 2013-14
- MoU Signed between National Cancer Institute, AIIMS, Jhajjar Campus and DBT, GOI
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Civil Aviation11-April, 2008 17:22 IST
|New Terminal building of Nagpur airport to be Inaugurated on 14th April, 2008|
|The new Terminal Building at Dr. Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur will be inaugurated on 14th April, 2008 by Shri Sharad Pawar, Union Minister for Agriculture, Food & Public Distribution, Consumer Affairs, in the presence of Shri R.S. Gavai, Governor, Bihar, Shri Vilas Rao Deshmukh, Chief Minister, Maharashtra, Shri Praful Patel, Union Minister for Civil Aviation and Shri Vilas Muttemwar, Union Minister for Non Conventional Energy Sources. |
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has extensively modified and upgraded the existing Terminal Building at the cost of Rs. 79 crores to make it into a modern, world class Integrated Terminal Building. The building covers an area of 17500 sqmtrs and has a capacity to handle 400 arriving / 400 departing domestic passengers and 150 arriving and 150 departing international passengers during peak hours.
The Integrated Terminal Building is a contemporary concrete, glass and steel structure and is equipped with modern facilities such as central air-conditioning, Passenger Boarding Bridges with Visual Docking Guidance System, Escalators, Lifts, Baggage Conveyor System in Arrival as well as Departure Hall, CCTV, FIDS and other such modern passenger amenities of international standards.
For passenger facilitation and convenience the new Terminal Building has been provided with 20 check-in counters and 20 immigration counters. It has modern facilities like Restaurant, Snack Bar, Child Care Room, Bank, ATM, Duty Free Shop, Concessionaire, Medical Inspection Rooms. A spacious Car Park, which can accommodate 600 cars at a time, has also been built.
For improving city side connectivity, AAI has also constructed a new approach road to connect the terminal building with the main highway. AAI is also seized of the need to improve the ATM and communication, navigation facilities at the Nagpur airport. It plans to construct a New Control Tower and Technical Block with all modern CNS ATM facilities.
A number of Ministers of the Government of Maharashtra will be present on the occasion including Shri Satish Chaturvedi, Minister of Textiles, Shri Vijaysinh Mohite Patil, Minister for Rural Development and Tourism, Shri Ajit Pawar, Minister for Water Resources, Water Supply and Sanitation, Shri Anil Deshmukh, Minister of Public Works, Shri Anees Ahmed, Minister of Dairy Development, Shri Chandrakant Handore, Minister for Social Justice, Shri Manohar Naik, Minister for Food and Drug Administration, Shri Dharmaraobaba Atram, Minister of State for Transport and Social Justice.
The other dignitaries who will also be present on the occasion are Shri Nitin Gadkari, Leader of Opposition, Maharashtra Legislative Council, Shri Vijay J. Darda, Member of Parliament (RS), Shri Ramdas Athwale, Member of Parliament, (LS), Shri Prakash Ambedkar, Former Member of Parliament (LS), Shri Ramesh Chandra Bang, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Prakash B. Jadhao, Member of Parliament (LS), Shri Nitin Raut, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Deenanath Padole, Member of Legislative Assembly, Smt. Maya Iwnate, Mayor of Nagpur, Prof. Jogendra Kawade, former Member of Parliament, Shri Datta Meghe, former Member of Parliament (RS) and Sulekha Tai Kumbhare, former Minister of Maharashtra.
(Release ID :37339)