English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Civil Aviation11-April, 2008 17:22 IST
|New Terminal building of Nagpur airport to be Inaugurated on 14th April, 2008|
|The new Terminal Building at Dr. Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur will be inaugurated on 14th April, 2008 by Shri Sharad Pawar, Union Minister for Agriculture, Food & Public Distribution, Consumer Affairs, in the presence of Shri R.S. Gavai, Governor, Bihar, Shri Vilas Rao Deshmukh, Chief Minister, Maharashtra, Shri Praful Patel, Union Minister for Civil Aviation and Shri Vilas Muttemwar, Union Minister for Non Conventional Energy Sources. |
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has extensively modified and upgraded the existing Terminal Building at the cost of Rs. 79 crores to make it into a modern, world class Integrated Terminal Building. The building covers an area of 17500 sqmtrs and has a capacity to handle 400 arriving / 400 departing domestic passengers and 150 arriving and 150 departing international passengers during peak hours.
The Integrated Terminal Building is a contemporary concrete, glass and steel structure and is equipped with modern facilities such as central air-conditioning, Passenger Boarding Bridges with Visual Docking Guidance System, Escalators, Lifts, Baggage Conveyor System in Arrival as well as Departure Hall, CCTV, FIDS and other such modern passenger amenities of international standards.
For passenger facilitation and convenience the new Terminal Building has been provided with 20 check-in counters and 20 immigration counters. It has modern facilities like Restaurant, Snack Bar, Child Care Room, Bank, ATM, Duty Free Shop, Concessionaire, Medical Inspection Rooms. A spacious Car Park, which can accommodate 600 cars at a time, has also been built.
For improving city side connectivity, AAI has also constructed a new approach road to connect the terminal building with the main highway. AAI is also seized of the need to improve the ATM and communication, navigation facilities at the Nagpur airport. It plans to construct a New Control Tower and Technical Block with all modern CNS ATM facilities.
A number of Ministers of the Government of Maharashtra will be present on the occasion including Shri Satish Chaturvedi, Minister of Textiles, Shri Vijaysinh Mohite Patil, Minister for Rural Development and Tourism, Shri Ajit Pawar, Minister for Water Resources, Water Supply and Sanitation, Shri Anil Deshmukh, Minister of Public Works, Shri Anees Ahmed, Minister of Dairy Development, Shri Chandrakant Handore, Minister for Social Justice, Shri Manohar Naik, Minister for Food and Drug Administration, Shri Dharmaraobaba Atram, Minister of State for Transport and Social Justice.
The other dignitaries who will also be present on the occasion are Shri Nitin Gadkari, Leader of Opposition, Maharashtra Legislative Council, Shri Vijay J. Darda, Member of Parliament (RS), Shri Ramdas Athwale, Member of Parliament, (LS), Shri Prakash Ambedkar, Former Member of Parliament (LS), Shri Ramesh Chandra Bang, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Prakash B. Jadhao, Member of Parliament (LS), Shri Nitin Raut, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Deenanath Padole, Member of Legislative Assembly, Smt. Maya Iwnate, Mayor of Nagpur, Prof. Jogendra Kawade, former Member of Parliament, Shri Datta Meghe, former Member of Parliament (RS) and Sulekha Tai Kumbhare, former Minister of Maharashtra.
(Release ID :37339)