English Release 30-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
President to flag off the ‘Run for Unity’ tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vice President's Secretariat
- STUDENTS FROM J&K UNDER AEGIS OF SADBHAVNA EDUCATIONAL /MOTIVATIONAL TOUR CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Vice President Inaugurates 7th Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Scientific Session
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles loss of lives in Sri Lanka landslide
- Shri Azim Premji calls on the Prime Minister
- Goa CM calls on PM
- Department of Space
- Engineers’ Conclave-2014 to be held in Bangalore
- Min of Agriculture
- Shaida Moh. Abdali Afghanistan Ambassador Calls on
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh
- Good Performance of NCDC
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Sugar production estimated 250.46 lakh tons during 2014-15
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Announces Measures for Fiscal Prudence and Economy; Every Ministry / Department to Effect A Mandatory 10% Cut in Non-Plan Expenditure; Utmost Economy to be Observed in Organizing Conferences/Seminars/Workshops; Ban on Purchase of Vehicles; in all Cases of Air Travel, the Lowest Air Fare Tickets Available for Entitled Class to be Purchased/Procured.
- Government Committed to Increase Savings Rate in the Country: Secretary, Financial Services;
- Finance Minister Asks the Senior Officers of the Income Tax Department not to Lose Sight of Domestic Black Money
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
For ending TB, Dr Harsh Vardhan calls for “Power of belief”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Activities on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas celebrations on 31st October
- Union Home Minister Approves Grant of Higher Compensation to Victims of Riots, Naxal and Terrorist Violence
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of HRD to Host 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Shri Arvind Mayaram is New Secretary of Minority Affairs
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of Government Offices today in connection with the “Run for Unity” flag off at Vijay Chowk
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.14 per bbl on 29.10.2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Japan offers assistance in promoting Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Visit Kanpur Tomorrow
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to hold first round of Regional Consultations on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Chandigarh tomorrow
Ministry of Civil Aviation11-April, 2008 17:22 IST
|New Terminal building of Nagpur airport to be Inaugurated on 14th April, 2008|
|The new Terminal Building at Dr. Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur will be inaugurated on 14th April, 2008 by Shri Sharad Pawar, Union Minister for Agriculture, Food & Public Distribution, Consumer Affairs, in the presence of Shri R.S. Gavai, Governor, Bihar, Shri Vilas Rao Deshmukh, Chief Minister, Maharashtra, Shri Praful Patel, Union Minister for Civil Aviation and Shri Vilas Muttemwar, Union Minister for Non Conventional Energy Sources. |
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has extensively modified and upgraded the existing Terminal Building at the cost of Rs. 79 crores to make it into a modern, world class Integrated Terminal Building. The building covers an area of 17500 sqmtrs and has a capacity to handle 400 arriving / 400 departing domestic passengers and 150 arriving and 150 departing international passengers during peak hours.
The Integrated Terminal Building is a contemporary concrete, glass and steel structure and is equipped with modern facilities such as central air-conditioning, Passenger Boarding Bridges with Visual Docking Guidance System, Escalators, Lifts, Baggage Conveyor System in Arrival as well as Departure Hall, CCTV, FIDS and other such modern passenger amenities of international standards.
For passenger facilitation and convenience the new Terminal Building has been provided with 20 check-in counters and 20 immigration counters. It has modern facilities like Restaurant, Snack Bar, Child Care Room, Bank, ATM, Duty Free Shop, Concessionaire, Medical Inspection Rooms. A spacious Car Park, which can accommodate 600 cars at a time, has also been built.
For improving city side connectivity, AAI has also constructed a new approach road to connect the terminal building with the main highway. AAI is also seized of the need to improve the ATM and communication, navigation facilities at the Nagpur airport. It plans to construct a New Control Tower and Technical Block with all modern CNS ATM facilities.
A number of Ministers of the Government of Maharashtra will be present on the occasion including Shri Satish Chaturvedi, Minister of Textiles, Shri Vijaysinh Mohite Patil, Minister for Rural Development and Tourism, Shri Ajit Pawar, Minister for Water Resources, Water Supply and Sanitation, Shri Anil Deshmukh, Minister of Public Works, Shri Anees Ahmed, Minister of Dairy Development, Shri Chandrakant Handore, Minister for Social Justice, Shri Manohar Naik, Minister for Food and Drug Administration, Shri Dharmaraobaba Atram, Minister of State for Transport and Social Justice.
The other dignitaries who will also be present on the occasion are Shri Nitin Gadkari, Leader of Opposition, Maharashtra Legislative Council, Shri Vijay J. Darda, Member of Parliament (RS), Shri Ramdas Athwale, Member of Parliament, (LS), Shri Prakash Ambedkar, Former Member of Parliament (LS), Shri Ramesh Chandra Bang, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Prakash B. Jadhao, Member of Parliament (LS), Shri Nitin Raut, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Member of Legislative Assembly, Shri Deenanath Padole, Member of Legislative Assembly, Smt. Maya Iwnate, Mayor of Nagpur, Prof. Jogendra Kawade, former Member of Parliament, Shri Datta Meghe, former Member of Parliament (RS) and Sulekha Tai Kumbhare, former Minister of Maharashtra.
(Release ID :37339)