English Release 31-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of PM’s address at 'Run For Unity' at Rajpath on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- PM receives personal belongings of Sardar Patel, on his 139th birth anniversary
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Secretary Administers Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Pledge
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on October 30, 2014
Prime Minister's Office11-April, 2008 17:51 IST
|Prime Minister Reconstitutes National Security
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has reconstituted the National Security Advisory Board which is an important element of the National Security Council system. The NSAB is a multi-disciplinary body comprising persons of eminence form outside Government with the principal function of providing long- term prognosis and analysis to the National Security Council and recommending solutions and policy options to the issues raised by them.
The seven new members of the reconstituted 23 member board are:
1. Shri K.S. Bajpai, IFS (Retd.) - Chairman
Former Secretary, MEA, former Ambassador to China and the USA . Currently Chairman Delhi Policy Group, an independent think tank.
2. Ms. Shyamala B. Cowsik, IFS (Retd.) Former High Comm. to Canada
3. Shri Tarun Das, Chief Mentor, Confederation of Indian Industries(CIl)
4. Shri H.K. Dua, Editor-in-Chief, The Tribune.
5. Dr. Prodipto Ghosh, IAS (Retd.) Former Secretary, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Distinguished Fellow, TERI
6. Ms. Sudha Mahalingam, Member (Distribution), Petroleum & Natural Gas Regulatory Board
7. Vice Admiral (Retd.) K.K. Nayyar, Chairman, National Maritime Foundation.
The other existing members are:
1. Prof. Alka Acharya, JNU (Expert on China)
2. Prof. N. Balakrishnan, Associate Director, Indian Institute of Science
3. Dr. P.M. Bhargava, former Vice-Chairman, National Knowledge Commission Founder & Former Director, CCMB, Hyderabad
4. Vice Adml (Retd.) P.S. Das, PVSM, UYSM, VSM, Former C-in-C, Eastern Naval Command
5. Prof. Rakesh Datta, Professor & Head, Department of Defence Studies, Punjab University
6. Shri A.S. Dulat, former Secretary (R)
7. Shri V.K. Grover, IFS (Retd.) Former Secretary, MEA.
8. Shri Wasbir Hussain, Political Analyst and Associate Fellow, Institute for Conflict Management
9. Air Chief Mshl (Retd.) S. Krishnaswami, PVSM,AVSM, VM, Former Chief of Air Staff
10. Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Director, Indian Council for Research in International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
11. Shri K. Raghunath, former Foreign Secretary
12. Shri K.V. Rajan, IFS (Retd.) Former Ambassador to Nepal and Secretary, MEA.
13. Shri N. Ravi, Editor, The Hindu
14. Gen. (Retd.) V.N. Sharma, PVSM, AVSM, former Chief of Army Staff
15. Dr. M.R. Srinivasan, former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission
16. Shri S.P. Talukdar, former Commissioner, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)
(Release ID :37342)