English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Prime Minister's Office11-April, 2008 17:51 IST
|Prime Minister Reconstitutes National Security
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has reconstituted the National Security Advisory Board which is an important element of the National Security Council system. The NSAB is a multi-disciplinary body comprising persons of eminence form outside Government with the principal function of providing long- term prognosis and analysis to the National Security Council and recommending solutions and policy options to the issues raised by them.
The seven new members of the reconstituted 23 member board are:
1. Shri K.S. Bajpai, IFS (Retd.) - Chairman
Former Secretary, MEA, former Ambassador to China and the USA . Currently Chairman Delhi Policy Group, an independent think tank.
2. Ms. Shyamala B. Cowsik, IFS (Retd.) Former High Comm. to Canada
3. Shri Tarun Das, Chief Mentor, Confederation of Indian Industries(CIl)
4. Shri H.K. Dua, Editor-in-Chief, The Tribune.
5. Dr. Prodipto Ghosh, IAS (Retd.) Former Secretary, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Distinguished Fellow, TERI
6. Ms. Sudha Mahalingam, Member (Distribution), Petroleum & Natural Gas Regulatory Board
7. Vice Admiral (Retd.) K.K. Nayyar, Chairman, National Maritime Foundation.
The other existing members are:
1. Prof. Alka Acharya, JNU (Expert on China)
2. Prof. N. Balakrishnan, Associate Director, Indian Institute of Science
3. Dr. P.M. Bhargava, former Vice-Chairman, National Knowledge Commission Founder & Former Director, CCMB, Hyderabad
4. Vice Adml (Retd.) P.S. Das, PVSM, UYSM, VSM, Former C-in-C, Eastern Naval Command
5. Prof. Rakesh Datta, Professor & Head, Department of Defence Studies, Punjab University
6. Shri A.S. Dulat, former Secretary (R)
7. Shri V.K. Grover, IFS (Retd.) Former Secretary, MEA.
8. Shri Wasbir Hussain, Political Analyst and Associate Fellow, Institute for Conflict Management
9. Air Chief Mshl (Retd.) S. Krishnaswami, PVSM,AVSM, VM, Former Chief of Air Staff
10. Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Director, Indian Council for Research in International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
11. Shri K. Raghunath, former Foreign Secretary
12. Shri K.V. Rajan, IFS (Retd.) Former Ambassador to Nepal and Secretary, MEA.
13. Shri N. Ravi, Editor, The Hindu
14. Gen. (Retd.) V.N. Sharma, PVSM, AVSM, former Chief of Army Staff
15. Dr. M.R. Srinivasan, former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission
16. Shri S.P. Talukdar, former Commissioner, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)
(Release ID :37342)