English Release 22-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Writers and Artists ‘In-Residence’ call on the President
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Saudi Arabia
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Haryana & Maharashtra 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 1015 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Min of Defence
- BRO Annual Chief Engineers’ Conference 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Home Affairs
- Security is the first and foremost requirement for development says; Union Home Minister
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.35 per bbl on 19.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs & Sports Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian Medal Winners at Asian Games 2014
Prime Minister's Office11-April, 2008 17:51 IST
|Prime Minister Reconstitutes National Security
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has reconstituted the National Security Advisory Board which is an important element of the National Security Council system. The NSAB is a multi-disciplinary body comprising persons of eminence form outside Government with the principal function of providing long- term prognosis and analysis to the National Security Council and recommending solutions and policy options to the issues raised by them.
The seven new members of the reconstituted 23 member board are:
1. Shri K.S. Bajpai, IFS (Retd.) - Chairman
Former Secretary, MEA, former Ambassador to China and the USA . Currently Chairman Delhi Policy Group, an independent think tank.
2. Ms. Shyamala B. Cowsik, IFS (Retd.) Former High Comm. to Canada
3. Shri Tarun Das, Chief Mentor, Confederation of Indian Industries(CIl)
4. Shri H.K. Dua, Editor-in-Chief, The Tribune.
5. Dr. Prodipto Ghosh, IAS (Retd.) Former Secretary, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Distinguished Fellow, TERI
6. Ms. Sudha Mahalingam, Member (Distribution), Petroleum & Natural Gas Regulatory Board
7. Vice Admiral (Retd.) K.K. Nayyar, Chairman, National Maritime Foundation.
The other existing members are:
1. Prof. Alka Acharya, JNU (Expert on China)
2. Prof. N. Balakrishnan, Associate Director, Indian Institute of Science
3. Dr. P.M. Bhargava, former Vice-Chairman, National Knowledge Commission Founder & Former Director, CCMB, Hyderabad
4. Vice Adml (Retd.) P.S. Das, PVSM, UYSM, VSM, Former C-in-C, Eastern Naval Command
5. Prof. Rakesh Datta, Professor & Head, Department of Defence Studies, Punjab University
6. Shri A.S. Dulat, former Secretary (R)
7. Shri V.K. Grover, IFS (Retd.) Former Secretary, MEA.
8. Shri Wasbir Hussain, Political Analyst and Associate Fellow, Institute for Conflict Management
9. Air Chief Mshl (Retd.) S. Krishnaswami, PVSM,AVSM, VM, Former Chief of Air Staff
10. Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Director, Indian Council for Research in International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
11. Shri K. Raghunath, former Foreign Secretary
12. Shri K.V. Rajan, IFS (Retd.) Former Ambassador to Nepal and Secretary, MEA.
13. Shri N. Ravi, Editor, The Hindu
14. Gen. (Retd.) V.N. Sharma, PVSM, AVSM, former Chief of Army Staff
15. Dr. M.R. Srinivasan, former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission
16. Shri S.P. Talukdar, former Commissioner, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)
(Release ID :37342)