English Release 27-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India condoles the passing away of RK Laxman
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM and President Obama to share their thoughts together on Mann ki Baat today
- Min of Agriculture
- Concerted Efforts Needed to Produce Clean Spices at Competitive Prices says Radha Mohan Singh
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Data about the supply and availability of Urea in the country
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of Culture and Tourism condoles the passing away of eminent cartoonist R.K. Laxman
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production during November 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 45.17 per bbl on 26.01.2015
- Min of Urban Development
- US and India to formulate smart city action plans in three months
Prime Minister's Office11-April, 2008 17:51 IST
|Prime Minister Reconstitutes National Security
|Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has reconstituted the National Security Advisory Board which is an important element of the National Security Council system. The NSAB is a multi-disciplinary body comprising persons of eminence form outside Government with the principal function of providing long- term prognosis and analysis to the National Security Council and recommending solutions and policy options to the issues raised by them.
The seven new members of the reconstituted 23 member board are:
1. Shri K.S. Bajpai, IFS (Retd.) - Chairman
Former Secretary, MEA, former Ambassador to China and the USA . Currently Chairman Delhi Policy Group, an independent think tank.
2. Ms. Shyamala B. Cowsik, IFS (Retd.) Former High Comm. to Canada
3. Shri Tarun Das, Chief Mentor, Confederation of Indian Industries(CIl)
4. Shri H.K. Dua, Editor-in-Chief, The Tribune.
5. Dr. Prodipto Ghosh, IAS (Retd.) Former Secretary, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Distinguished Fellow, TERI
6. Ms. Sudha Mahalingam, Member (Distribution), Petroleum & Natural Gas Regulatory Board
7. Vice Admiral (Retd.) K.K. Nayyar, Chairman, National Maritime Foundation.
The other existing members are:
1. Prof. Alka Acharya, JNU (Expert on China)
2. Prof. N. Balakrishnan, Associate Director, Indian Institute of Science
3. Dr. P.M. Bhargava, former Vice-Chairman, National Knowledge Commission Founder & Former Director, CCMB, Hyderabad
4. Vice Adml (Retd.) P.S. Das, PVSM, UYSM, VSM, Former C-in-C, Eastern Naval Command
5. Prof. Rakesh Datta, Professor & Head, Department of Defence Studies, Punjab University
6. Shri A.S. Dulat, former Secretary (R)
7. Shri V.K. Grover, IFS (Retd.) Former Secretary, MEA.
8. Shri Wasbir Hussain, Political Analyst and Associate Fellow, Institute for Conflict Management
9. Air Chief Mshl (Retd.) S. Krishnaswami, PVSM,AVSM, VM, Former Chief of Air Staff
10. Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Director, Indian Council for Research in International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
11. Shri K. Raghunath, former Foreign Secretary
12. Shri K.V. Rajan, IFS (Retd.) Former Ambassador to Nepal and Secretary, MEA.
13. Shri N. Ravi, Editor, The Hindu
14. Gen. (Retd.) V.N. Sharma, PVSM, AVSM, former Chief of Army Staff
15. Dr. M.R. Srinivasan, former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission
16. Shri S.P. Talukdar, former Commissioner, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)
(Release ID :37342)