English Release 21-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- VICE PRESIDENT’S ADDRESS AT VALEDICTORY FUNCTION OF CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS OF CATHOLIC ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH KANARA AT MANGALORE
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM welcomes agreement between Afghan leaders Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah
- Transcript of Prime Minister's Interview to CNN
- PM congratulates John Key on re-election as PM of New Zealand
- PM greets Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on his birthday
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Shri Gadkari to Assess Damage to the Roads Due to Floods in J & K
- Min of Rural Development
- Nitin Gadkari to visit Srinagar tomorrow for high level review of relief operations
Ministry of Civil Aviation22-April, 2008 16:19 IST
|New Terminal Building at Porbandar Airport|
|Shri Praful Patel, Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation will inaugurate the New Terminal Building at Porbandar Airport on April 23, 2008. Shri Narendra Modi, Chief Minister of Gujarat will be the Chief Guest on the occasion.
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has constructed a New Terminal Building at Porbandar Airport with all modern facilities for handling of 100 incoming / 100 outgoing passengers at a time. The total covered area of the terminal is 4000 sqmtr. It has been built at a cost of Rs. 13.50 crore.
The New Terminal Building is a combination of contemporary concrete and steel structure with glass. It has various facilities like six Check-in Counters, weighing machines, two Conveyor Belts at the Arrival area and one at the Departure area, Public Address System, CCTV, XBIS, Security Booths for frisking, 11 KV Substation along with standby DG Sets, external lighting, lightning conductor / Arrester System, Air conditioning, security hold, VIP Room, Equipment Room & ATC Tower, etc. The New Terminal Building has also been provided with Wet Riser type Fire Fighting System & Fire Alarm System.
AAI has constructed a new Apron to accommodate 2 B737-400 type aircraft. In addition, a spacious Car Parking with the capacity of 50 Cars at a time has also been constructed.
(Release ID :37719)