English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Civil Aviation22-April, 2008 16:19 IST
|New Terminal Building at Porbandar Airport|
|Shri Praful Patel, Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation will inaugurate the New Terminal Building at Porbandar Airport on April 23, 2008. Shri Narendra Modi, Chief Minister of Gujarat will be the Chief Guest on the occasion.
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has constructed a New Terminal Building at Porbandar Airport with all modern facilities for handling of 100 incoming / 100 outgoing passengers at a time. The total covered area of the terminal is 4000 sqmtr. It has been built at a cost of Rs. 13.50 crore.
The New Terminal Building is a combination of contemporary concrete and steel structure with glass. It has various facilities like six Check-in Counters, weighing machines, two Conveyor Belts at the Arrival area and one at the Departure area, Public Address System, CCTV, XBIS, Security Booths for frisking, 11 KV Substation along with standby DG Sets, external lighting, lightning conductor / Arrester System, Air conditioning, security hold, VIP Room, Equipment Room & ATC Tower, etc. The New Terminal Building has also been provided with Wet Riser type Fire Fighting System & Fire Alarm System.
AAI has constructed a new Apron to accommodate 2 B737-400 type aircraft. In addition, a spacious Car Parking with the capacity of 50 Cars at a time has also been constructed.
(Release ID :37719)