English Release 7-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present Stree Shakti Puruskar, 2013
- President of India inaugurates Annual Innovation Exhibition
- President of India’s message on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Election Commission
- General Election to Sixteenth Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies, 2014 – Media Coverage During the Period Referred to in Section 126 of RP Act, 1951
- Schedule for General Elections, 2014
- Fact Sheet on Tripura
- Fact Sheet on Assam
- Democratic Colors Of United India
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.20 per bbl on 06.3.2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals Show a Growth of 7.2% in February 2014 over February 2013
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 February 2014)
Ministry of Defence23-April, 2008 16:11 IST
|Recommendations p Rama Rao committee on DRDO|
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Review Committee constituted by the Government to suggest measure for improving the functioning of DRDO inter alia Ministry of Defence, and Services has submitted its report to the Government on 05th March 2008. It is under study of the Government.
There had been delays in some of the DRDO projects due to some genuine difficulties, like technical complexities, technological embargo/sanctions, non-availability of infrastructure within the country, extended and long lasting user trials, revision of systems specification during development phase, etc. Besides many constraints, DRDO had equipped Services with state-of-the-art technologies in the field of strategic systems, battle tanks, electronic warfare and communication systems, armour and armaments, life support systems, naval systems, missile systems, aerospace systems, etc.
DRDO is developing only defence –critical / denied technologies and strategic systems. In this area, DRDO has ensured 100 % self – reliance. As far as the tactical systems are concerned, DRDO is responsible for design, development, trials & evaluation as and when tasked by Government. Acceptance of DRDO developed systems and their subsequent production and induction depends on Users and identified production agencies, Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) and Ordnance Factories (OFs). Achieving self-reliance is a responsibility that has to be met through national effort by DPSUs, OFs, Private industries and DRDO jointly. DRDO works with the production agencies to resolve the major problems during the production.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri BK Hariprasad in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :37794)