English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Defence23-April, 2008 16:11 IST
|Recommendations p Rama Rao committee on DRDO|
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Review Committee constituted by the Government to suggest measure for improving the functioning of DRDO inter alia Ministry of Defence, and Services has submitted its report to the Government on 05th March 2008. It is under study of the Government.
There had been delays in some of the DRDO projects due to some genuine difficulties, like technical complexities, technological embargo/sanctions, non-availability of infrastructure within the country, extended and long lasting user trials, revision of systems specification during development phase, etc. Besides many constraints, DRDO had equipped Services with state-of-the-art technologies in the field of strategic systems, battle tanks, electronic warfare and communication systems, armour and armaments, life support systems, naval systems, missile systems, aerospace systems, etc.
DRDO is developing only defence –critical / denied technologies and strategic systems. In this area, DRDO has ensured 100 % self – reliance. As far as the tactical systems are concerned, DRDO is responsible for design, development, trials & evaluation as and when tasked by Government. Acceptance of DRDO developed systems and their subsequent production and induction depends on Users and identified production agencies, Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) and Ordnance Factories (OFs). Achieving self-reliance is a responsibility that has to be met through national effort by DPSUs, OFs, Private industries and DRDO jointly. DRDO works with the production agencies to resolve the major problems during the production.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri BK Hariprasad in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :37794)