English Release 28-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates Saina Nehwal for achieving World No.1 ranking in Badminton
- President of India congratulates ISRO for the successful launch of PSLV-C27
- Press Communique
- President of India condoles the passing away of P R Kyndiah
- President of India condoles the passing away of Brig. T. Sailo
- Tribal Youth attending the Seventh Tribal Youth Exchange Programme call on the President
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates scientists on the launch of IRNSS-1D satellite
- PM congratulates Saina Nehwal on becoming World No. 1
- Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi calls on PM
- All party delegation of MPs from Tamil Nadu calls on PM
- PM tweets about his upcoming 3-nation tour
- PM greets the people on the occasion of Ram Navami
- Department of Space
- PSLV-C27 Successfully Launches
India's Fourth Navigation Satellite IRNSS-1D
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Blood Sugar test mandatory for every pregnant woman: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Textiles
- India Carpet Expo 2015 attains new heights
Ministry of Defence23-April, 2008 16:11 IST
|Recommendations p Rama Rao committee on DRDO|
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Review Committee constituted by the Government to suggest measure for improving the functioning of DRDO inter alia Ministry of Defence, and Services has submitted its report to the Government on 05th March 2008. It is under study of the Government.
There had been delays in some of the DRDO projects due to some genuine difficulties, like technical complexities, technological embargo/sanctions, non-availability of infrastructure within the country, extended and long lasting user trials, revision of systems specification during development phase, etc. Besides many constraints, DRDO had equipped Services with state-of-the-art technologies in the field of strategic systems, battle tanks, electronic warfare and communication systems, armour and armaments, life support systems, naval systems, missile systems, aerospace systems, etc.
DRDO is developing only defence –critical / denied technologies and strategic systems. In this area, DRDO has ensured 100 % self – reliance. As far as the tactical systems are concerned, DRDO is responsible for design, development, trials & evaluation as and when tasked by Government. Acceptance of DRDO developed systems and their subsequent production and induction depends on Users and identified production agencies, Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) and Ordnance Factories (OFs). Achieving self-reliance is a responsibility that has to be met through national effort by DPSUs, OFs, Private industries and DRDO jointly. DRDO works with the production agencies to resolve the major problems during the production.
This information was given by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri BK Hariprasad in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :37794)