English Release 10-December 2013
- Vice President's Secretariat
- We need to introspect on some human rights matters affecting our citizens – vice president
- Min of Coal
- Modernisation of Coal Mining to be taken up by CIL
- CIL initiates 21 new and 36 Expansion projects
- CIL to set up sixteen Coal Washeries
- Payment of performance related pay to CIL executives under consideration
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Food Security Act to Protect Current Foodgrains Allocation of the States
- Privated Entrepreneurs Scheme to Create Additional Foodgrain Storage
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Asian Nations Meet in New Delhi to Discuss the Role of Bamboo and Rattan in Pro-Poor Green Development
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Approves one Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment
- Government Approves one Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Amounting to About Rs. 31.92 Crore
- Min of Overseas Indian Affairs
- Session on “Issues in the Gulf” In Pravasi Bharatiya Divas -2014
- Min of Panchayati Raj
- Rs. 14824.61 Crore Released to 27 States Till November 2013 Under Backward Region Grant Fund
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Revenue Earnings up by 13.27 Per Cent During April - November 2013
- Ministry of Tourism
- Steps Taken by the Government to Ensure Safety and Security of Tourists
Ministry of Defence12-June, 2008 16:58 IST
|IAF’s Sarang Helicopter Display Team Adjudged ‘The Best’ at Berlin Air Show|
|The Indian Air Forces’ helicopter Display team ‘Sarang’ has been adjudged the ‘Best looking close formation’ aerobatic team at the ILA Berlin Air Show 2008.
Out of the five aircraft formation teams from various countries viz India, Switzerland, Austria, UK and Germany the Indian ‘Sarang’ stood out conspicuously, doing the Nation proud. It may be recalled that at the recently concluded ILA Berlin Air Show 2008, India participated in a big way. The Indian participation comprised, apart from DPSU’s, OFB, DRDO and private defence industries, Sarang helicopter Display team and the Air Warrior Symphony Orchestra of the IAF.
Presently the ‘Sarang’ team of 4 Dhruv helicopters, 14 officers and 32 airmen led by Wg Cdr Shashank Mishra, having performed at Berlin Air Show, are participating in various displays in England. They are slated to perform at Biggin hill Air Show followed by Waddington Air Show, Fairford Royal International and the prestigious Farnborough International Air Show before returning to home.
‘Sarang’ helicopter display team of the Indian Air Force was formed in Mar 2002 with the IAF of showcasing the professionalism of the IAF and the giant leap of Indian Aviation Industry. The name ‘Sarang’ was chosen for the team, as peacock is one of the most enchanting bird, and epitomizes beauty and grace which are the hall marks of teams display. The teams’ helicopters have been painted in a unique paint scheme which utilizes bright colours with a peacock form imposed on it.
The team formulated and executed a three helicopter display profile with little experience in the field of display in a very short span of time. The first public display of the Sarang team was during the Asian Aerospace at Singapore in 2004. Since then, the team has graduated to a four helicopter team and has participated in numerous displays in India and abroad.
(Release ID :39558)