English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Defence12-June, 2008 16:58 IST
|IAF’s Sarang Helicopter Display Team Adjudged ‘The Best’ at Berlin Air Show|
|The Indian Air Forces’ helicopter Display team ‘Sarang’ has been adjudged the ‘Best looking close formation’ aerobatic team at the ILA Berlin Air Show 2008.
Out of the five aircraft formation teams from various countries viz India, Switzerland, Austria, UK and Germany the Indian ‘Sarang’ stood out conspicuously, doing the Nation proud. It may be recalled that at the recently concluded ILA Berlin Air Show 2008, India participated in a big way. The Indian participation comprised, apart from DPSU’s, OFB, DRDO and private defence industries, Sarang helicopter Display team and the Air Warrior Symphony Orchestra of the IAF.
Presently the ‘Sarang’ team of 4 Dhruv helicopters, 14 officers and 32 airmen led by Wg Cdr Shashank Mishra, having performed at Berlin Air Show, are participating in various displays in England. They are slated to perform at Biggin hill Air Show followed by Waddington Air Show, Fairford Royal International and the prestigious Farnborough International Air Show before returning to home.
‘Sarang’ helicopter display team of the Indian Air Force was formed in Mar 2002 with the IAF of showcasing the professionalism of the IAF and the giant leap of Indian Aviation Industry. The name ‘Sarang’ was chosen for the team, as peacock is one of the most enchanting bird, and epitomizes beauty and grace which are the hall marks of teams display. The teams’ helicopters have been painted in a unique paint scheme which utilizes bright colours with a peacock form imposed on it.
The team formulated and executed a three helicopter display profile with little experience in the field of display in a very short span of time. The first public display of the Sarang team was during the Asian Aerospace at Singapore in 2004. Since then, the team has graduated to a four helicopter team and has participated in numerous displays in India and abroad.
(Release ID :39558)