English Release 25-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President calls upon every University to identify at least one Department that can be made into a Centre of Excellence
- Speech by the Hon’ble President at the Inauguration of Maharaja Agrasen University,Solan, Himachal Pradesh, on May 25, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Shri R K Mathur takes over as the New Defence Secretary
- Min of Law & Justice
- Government to go in for a Stand-Alone Central Legislation to Curb any Dishonest Activity in Sports
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of States and Union Territories in-Charge of Sports & Youth Affairs Concludes in New Delhi
Prime Minister's Office03-July, 2008 15:46 IST
|PM constitutes National Council on Skill Development|
|The Government has constituted the Prime Minister's National Council on Skill Development. The Council will be an apex body that will guide activities for skill development in the country. |
The National Council on Skill Development will be chaired by the Prime Minister and would consist of Ministers of Human Resource Development, Finance, Heavy Industry and Public Enterprises, Rural Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Labour and Employment and Chairperson of the National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council.
Six experts, in the area of skill development, have been included in the Council. They are Dr. C.K. Prahlad, Mr. Nandan Nilekani, Smt. Laila Tayabji, Smt. Renana Jhabwala, Shri Rajendra Pawar and Shri Manish Sabharwal. Principal Secretary to Prime Minister would be the Member Secretary of the Council.
The Council is at the apex of a three-tier structure and would be concerned with vision setting and laying down core strategies. The Council would be assisted by the National Skill Development Coordination Board chaired by the Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission which will coordinate action for skill development both in the public and the private sector. To promote private sector action for skill development, an institutional arrangement in the form of a non-profit corporation called the National Skill Development Corporation is being set up by the Ministry of Finance. The Chairperson of the National Skill Development Corporation, a non-profit corporation to be set up by the Ministry of Finance would also be a Member of the Council.
* * *
(Release ID :40029)