English Release 24-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- We must find answers for reversing the degradation of values, says President
- President’s Buddha Purnima Greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Buddha Purnima
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister’s Speech at SEBI’s Silver Jubilee Celebration
- PM Greets the Nation on Buddha Purnima
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 60 Lakh Hectare
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- NIELIT, Srinagar will contribute to the growth of J&K, Dr. Killi Kruparani
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram – Saving Mothers and Newborns
- Azad concludes two-day visit to Sweden
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Block Institutes of Teachers Education to be Established in 196 SC/ST/Minority Concentrated Districts
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Press Note
- Petroleum Ministry Refutes allegations regarding Proposed Gas Price Revision
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of April, 2013
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines sharply to
99.37/US$ bbl on 23.5.2013
- Min of Power
- Hindi Advisory Committee of Ministry of Power for effective implementation of Official Language
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (as on 25 April 2013)
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Financial assistance from National Sports Development Fund to Mary Kom Regional Boxing Foundation, Imphal
Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of States And Union Territories in-Charge of Sports & Youth Affairs Begins in New Delhi
- Planning Commission
UIDAI launches Aadhaar based Iris Authentication, eKYC, One Time PIN New Services and Permanent Enrolment Centres
Ministry of Human Resource Development03-July, 2008 19:49 IST
|Arjun Singh inaugurated HUNUR Project today|
|Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Arjun Singh inaugurated the HUNUR Project here today. On this occasion Shri Arjun Singh said that education system is changing in the entire world. Today the world is becoming knowledge and skill-oriented, the HUNUR project will help girls in their future areas of work. He further said skill education was the dream of late Prime Minister, Shri Rajiv Gandhi. This is a collaborative project of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and Government of Bihar for free skills upgradation amongst Muslim girls. The scheme for providing free education to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes learners through NIOS also inaugurated.
Shri Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister of Bihar said that the Muslims girls will become self dependent through HUNUR project because education is a big problem in the Muslim society. This will help them to move with the society. Free education and skill training will be provided to 13,000 girls under this scheme.
NIOS has developed a unique scheme for providing skill training for girls studying in different schools of Bihar. Under this ‘7’ courses for skill training for 12,000 girls will be made available – Gram Sakhi, Jute Production, Cutting & Tailoring, Early Childhood Care & Education, Basic Technology and Beauty Culture. This scheme will be implemented through Maktabs, Madarsas and Darul-uloom,
Under this scheme, NIOS has made provisions for providing concessions related to infrastructure, fee as well as number of students at study centres. Shri Mohd.A.A. Fatmi, Minister of State for HRD said that in the SSA Maktabs and Madarsas should be included so that Muslim society are not left behind in the field of education. The most significant aspect of this scheme is the provision of relaxation of norms for accreditation for Traditional Educationally Backward Institutions especially Madarsas and Maktabs.
Another scheme launched today is the scheme for providing free education to SC/ST students of Bihar who have taken admission with NIOS. NIOS as per government policy has been giving fee concession to SC/ST learners. Now the Govt. of Bihar has taken the decision to give total freeship to SC/ST learners of Bihar, both girls and boys. The funds of Govt. of India (Under SSA through NGEPEL), Govt. of Bihar, Bihar Education Project shall be utilized for this purpose.
HRM also inaugurated the extended facility for On-Line Admissions, being conducted through the Ni-On Project of NIOS from this academic session. Students from far-flung areas of the country shall be able to have greater education access through this scheme.
Shri Hari Narayan Singh, Education Minister of Bihar , Shri A.K.Rath Secretary HRD and other senior officials from HRD Ministry were also present.
(Release ID :40056)