English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Cabinet17-July, 2008 13:43 IST
|Setting up of eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and conversion of IT-BHU into in IIT|
|The Union Cabinet today gave its approval for:
1. Setting up of eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Orissa, Gujarat, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and at Indore in Madhya Pradesh at a total cost of Rs.6080 crore (@ Rs.760 crore per IIT) for 6 years period, and consequently approval for forming of Societies for creating legal entities for the new IITs.
2. In order to operationalise the IITs, the creation of one post each of Director and Registrar, for each of the eight IITs, as well as approval for creation of 30 faculty posts per year in the first three years and granting pay scale of Rs.26000 per month (fixed) to each Director of an IIS (existing as well as new).
3. In principle approval for taking over the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University – a constituent unit of the Banaras Hindu University, a Central University, its conversion into an Indian Institute of Technology and integrating it with the IIT system in the country.
The approval would benefit in increasing the output of high quality Engineering and Science graduates, post graduates and Ph.D.s, Teachers for Engineering and Science subjects at College/University level and R&D and Intellectual Property generation in Engineering and Science.
It will be able to provide high quality education to some more bright students as now hardly 2% of about 3 lakh students who appear in Joint Entrance Test of IITs can get admissions in IITs.
It would also address State/Region specific technology related problems of States/UTs situated in the IITs’ “Zones”.
(Release ID :40461)