English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Power01-August, 2008 17:15 IST
|Mr. Satnam Singh assumes charge as CMD, PFC|
|Mr. Satnam Singh has taken over as Chairman & Managing Director of Govt-owned Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) on 1st August, 2008. Mr. Satnam Singh, is a Graduate in Commerce and an MBA in Finance. Prior to his appointment in PFC as CMD, Mr. Satnam Singh held the position of Director (F&FO) of PFC. In addition, he handled various responsibilities such as Business Development, Loan disbursement, Financial & Legal operations. He was also instrumental in successful completion of IPO in February 2007 with over subscription of 76 times which is an all time high for a public sector company.
Mr. Satnam Singh has over 28 years of experience in the power and financial sectors including NTPC and SJVNL. He assumed Board level position in PFC as Director (F&FO) at the age of 47 years and led the Company on profitable growth track resulting in consistent dividend payment to its shareholders. His other assignments include representing PFC on the Board of PTC, Chairman of Coastal Andhra Power Limited (Krishnampattna UMPP), Chairman of Jharkhand Integrated Power Limited (Tilaiya UMPP).
Mr. Satnam Singh’s outstanding professional career is preceded by an equally sparkling performance in academics - Topped Punjab in Higher Secondary (Commerce), Gold Medal in first year of graduation in Commerce. Apart from his professional credentials, he is a graduate in Indian Classical Music (Tabla) as well as Landmark Forum, which aims at transforming individuals into extra ordinary individuals. He has also achieved proficiency in yogic exercises.
(Release ID :40936)