English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Vice President's Secretariat01-September, 2008 19:21 IST
|Vice President Releases a Book 'Sulaimanis -Lives Less Ordinary'|
The Vice President of India Shri M. Hamid Ansari released a book titled "Sulaimainis- Lives Less Ordinary" edited by former Cabinet Secretary Shri Zafar Saifullah at a function here today. Addressing on the occasion, the Vice President said that a good book has been published about very eminent personalities. The book has added to knowledge about the sheer diversity of Indian Society. The diversity is a fact of life. Each one them exists as an identity. In India, that identity is allowed to sustain.|
The Vice President said that this unique book is an exercise of sheding light on diversity. He congratulated Smt. and Shri Zafar Saifaillah of bringing out such a valuable and informative book. Shri K.Rehman Khan, Deputy Chairman Rajya Sabha, Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar, Union Minister for Panchayati Raj, Smt. Shiela Dikshit, Chief Minister of Delhi, Shri Amar Singh (MP, Rajya Sabha) and a large number of distinguished persons were present on the occasion.
The book is a tribute to the Sulaimani Boharas, their talents, values, labours, dedication, tenacity and commitment, inspiring accomplishments and above all strong patriotism not just to the country of their birth but to the incomparable society. The book describes that by dint of their qualities, the Sulaimani rose to positions of national eminence in this wide spectrum of professions and carving of unique niche for themselves in the country's mainstream. And for a community that is truly miniscule in size, their achievements measured by any yardstick, are an eloquent and self evident tribute to their outstanding mettle.
The Sulaimanis belong to the Ismaili Shiya sect of Islam. Their roots are in Yemen, located in the South-west coast of Arabia, the birth place of major world religions including Islam. The world's first cities developed here over 5000 years ago. This is, indeed, a community that is extraordinary, for its men and women have influenced the course of events in their country, time and again.
(Release ID :42151)