English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Vice President's Secretariat01-September, 2008 19:21 IST
|Vice President Releases a Book 'Sulaimanis -Lives Less Ordinary'|
The Vice President of India Shri M. Hamid Ansari released a book titled "Sulaimainis- Lives Less Ordinary" edited by former Cabinet Secretary Shri Zafar Saifullah at a function here today. Addressing on the occasion, the Vice President said that a good book has been published about very eminent personalities. The book has added to knowledge about the sheer diversity of Indian Society. The diversity is a fact of life. Each one them exists as an identity. In India, that identity is allowed to sustain.|
The Vice President said that this unique book is an exercise of sheding light on diversity. He congratulated Smt. and Shri Zafar Saifaillah of bringing out such a valuable and informative book. Shri K.Rehman Khan, Deputy Chairman Rajya Sabha, Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar, Union Minister for Panchayati Raj, Smt. Shiela Dikshit, Chief Minister of Delhi, Shri Amar Singh (MP, Rajya Sabha) and a large number of distinguished persons were present on the occasion.
The book is a tribute to the Sulaimani Boharas, their talents, values, labours, dedication, tenacity and commitment, inspiring accomplishments and above all strong patriotism not just to the country of their birth but to the incomparable society. The book describes that by dint of their qualities, the Sulaimani rose to positions of national eminence in this wide spectrum of professions and carving of unique niche for themselves in the country's mainstream. And for a community that is truly miniscule in size, their achievements measured by any yardstick, are an eloquent and self evident tribute to their outstanding mettle.
The Sulaimanis belong to the Ismaili Shiya sect of Islam. Their roots are in Yemen, located in the South-west coast of Arabia, the birth place of major world religions including Islam. The world's first cities developed here over 5000 years ago. This is, indeed, a community that is extraordinary, for its men and women have influenced the course of events in their country, time and again.
(Release ID :42151)