English Release 31-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Education will be the single biggest transformative factor in catapulting India into the league of developed nations, says President
- President of India congratulates Pankaj Advani on achieving 12th world title in Leeds
- President pays floral tributes to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of PM’s address at 'Run For Unity' at Rajpath on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- PM receives personal belongings of Sardar Patel, on his 139th birth anniversary
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), September, 2014
- Department of Commerce calls for creative participation for India’s participation at Hannover Messe
- Min of Defence
- Minor Incident Involving Naval Ship
- Indian Warships Visit to Port Louis
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
Major Focus of the Government is to Bring Back the Growth Momentum: Finance Minister
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.30 per cent Government Stock, 2040’
Auction for Sale of a new Government Stock of 19 Years
Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.60 per cent Government Stock, 2028’
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of ‘8.27 per cent Government Stock, 2020’
- Subash Chandra Garg Relieved to take up His New Assignment As Executive Director, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as Secretry, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- MoU with Spain on organ transplantation soon
- Min of Home Affairs
- MoS Home Kiren Rijiju participates in ‘Run for Unity’
- Text of Home Minister's speech at NPA, Hyderabad
- Cyber Crime Prevention Strategy will be Strengthened: Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh
- Home Secretary Administers Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Pledge
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Human Resource Development
- 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers Held
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2014 Declaration of Result of Written Part
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Constitution of Steering Committee for successful implementation of “Make in India” campaign in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Protection Force hosting 15th All Indian Police Band Competition
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Institute of Driving Training & Research to be inaugurated tomorrow at Pune
- Electronic Toll Collection System makes Delhi-Mumbai Drive Faster and Cheaper
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on October 30, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- SRB to be raised by 10 basis points every year
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting23-September, 2008 18:32 IST
|Shri Dasmunsi releases book on birth centenary of poet ‘Dinakar’|
|As a tribute to the great patriotic poet Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’, the Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi released a book on his birth centenary here today. Titled, ‘Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’: Vyaktitva aur Krititva’ the book is written by well known critic and writer Khagendra Thakur and published by Publications Division of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
The book gives a detailed account of the creative and personal life of this creative visionary. The author has analytically described his political, social and cultural vision interwoven intricately with the threads of the then ongoing struggle for independence.
Shri Dasmunsi said on the occasion “our poets and writers were the torch bearers of our national movement. Dinkar, the bard of Indian nationalism was in the forefront of such luminaries”. He said, “the author has captured the essence of Dinkar’s writing and I congratulate him for this piece of work.” Hailing from a remote part of Bihar, the poet contributed enormously to the on-going freedom movement through his inspirational writings, the Minister added. He further mentioned, when the nation remembers him on the occasion of his birth centenary, the Publications Division of Information & Broadcasting Ministry has chosen to publish a book on this great poet as a token of remembrance. Dinkar’s fearless nationalistic poetry compiled in the collections like Hunkar and Sanchayita as well as the epics like Kurukshetra and Rashmirathi awakened the national spirit. He was a poet of human relations and metaphysics too. For one such work ‘Urvashi’, he received the most prestigious Jnanapeeth award.
In the function, Smt Sushma Singh, Secretary, Ministry of I & B released the special edition of the Publications Division’s literary magazine Ajkal, dedicated to the poet Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’. Ajkal is a prestigious monthly publication of the Publications Division in Hindi and Urdu. Smt. Singh remembered the patriotism and nationalism of Dinkar’s writings and said that the Publications Division has continued with the tradition of bringing special issues of Ajkal on persons of literary eminence.
Being published in Hindi and Urdu, these literary journals have a glorious and uninterrupted tradition of more than 60 years. She mentioned that the journey of these two magazines encompassed the literary and cultural history of post independent India. These magazines had the privilege of being edited by literary giants like Josh Malihabadi, Devendra Satyarthi, Manmath Nath Gupta and Chandragupt Vidyalankar.
The Pulications Division has published books on Hindi poets and writers like Meera, Bihari, Soordas, Tulsidas, and recently on Ram Chandra Shukla. In Urdu, they have brought out books on Ghalib, Iqbal and other prominent writers. Beautiful books have been published on the themes of Jaidev’s Geet Govind, Vidyapati and ‘Eye in Art’.
(Release ID :43076)