English Release 18-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Statement by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee to the media on board the special aircraft on his way back from his state visit to the socialist republic of Vietnam
- Election Commission
- General election to Legislative Assemblies of Maharastra and Haryana, 2014 – Media Coverage during the period referred to in Section 126 of RP Act, 1951
- Min of Agriculture
- Namibian High Commissioner Calls on Agriculture Minister
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister leaves for Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Latest position of supply of Petroleum products in Jammu and Kashmir
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 96.71 per bbl on 17.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Power Ministry Takes Several Measures to Restore Transmission Lines & Distribution System in Flood Hit J&K
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Chinese Youth Delegation called on Shri Sarbananda Sonowal
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting23-September, 2008 18:32 IST
|Shri Dasmunsi releases book on birth centenary of poet ‘Dinakar’|
|As a tribute to the great patriotic poet Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’, the Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi released a book on his birth centenary here today. Titled, ‘Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’: Vyaktitva aur Krititva’ the book is written by well known critic and writer Khagendra Thakur and published by Publications Division of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
The book gives a detailed account of the creative and personal life of this creative visionary. The author has analytically described his political, social and cultural vision interwoven intricately with the threads of the then ongoing struggle for independence.
Shri Dasmunsi said on the occasion “our poets and writers were the torch bearers of our national movement. Dinkar, the bard of Indian nationalism was in the forefront of such luminaries”. He said, “the author has captured the essence of Dinkar’s writing and I congratulate him for this piece of work.” Hailing from a remote part of Bihar, the poet contributed enormously to the on-going freedom movement through his inspirational writings, the Minister added. He further mentioned, when the nation remembers him on the occasion of his birth centenary, the Publications Division of Information & Broadcasting Ministry has chosen to publish a book on this great poet as a token of remembrance. Dinkar’s fearless nationalistic poetry compiled in the collections like Hunkar and Sanchayita as well as the epics like Kurukshetra and Rashmirathi awakened the national spirit. He was a poet of human relations and metaphysics too. For one such work ‘Urvashi’, he received the most prestigious Jnanapeeth award.
In the function, Smt Sushma Singh, Secretary, Ministry of I & B released the special edition of the Publications Division’s literary magazine Ajkal, dedicated to the poet Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’. Ajkal is a prestigious monthly publication of the Publications Division in Hindi and Urdu. Smt. Singh remembered the patriotism and nationalism of Dinkar’s writings and said that the Publications Division has continued with the tradition of bringing special issues of Ajkal on persons of literary eminence.
Being published in Hindi and Urdu, these literary journals have a glorious and uninterrupted tradition of more than 60 years. She mentioned that the journey of these two magazines encompassed the literary and cultural history of post independent India. These magazines had the privilege of being edited by literary giants like Josh Malihabadi, Devendra Satyarthi, Manmath Nath Gupta and Chandragupt Vidyalankar.
The Pulications Division has published books on Hindi poets and writers like Meera, Bihari, Soordas, Tulsidas, and recently on Ram Chandra Shukla. In Urdu, they have brought out books on Ghalib, Iqbal and other prominent writers. Beautiful books have been published on the themes of Jaidev’s Geet Govind, Vidyapati and ‘Eye in Art’.
(Release ID :43076)