English Release 20-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India condoles the passing away of Shri Bks Iyengar
- Conference of Chairmen, Board of Governors and Directors of Indian Institutes of Technology to be held on August 22
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles the passing away of Yogacharya BKS Iyenger
- PM presents DRDO awards
- Min of Defence
- Make DRDO a Hub for Defence Manufacturing – Arun Jaitley
- The Coas Pays Respect to Mortal Remains of
Havildar Gaya Prasad
- Port Call INS Sahyadri at Manila, Philippines
- Ministry of Finance
- Public Comments sought on Draft of Forward Contracts (Regulation) (Intermediaries) Rules, 2014
- Min of Home Affairs
- Special Training on Disaster Management
- Director General Level Talks Between NCB, India and PNB, Sri Lanka
- Home Minister Launches the Plan Scheme of
Mainstreaming Civil Defence in Disaster Risk Reduction
- FCRA Outreach Seminar in Maharashtra
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh Submits Proposal for Women Toilets in Border Areas of J&K
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Minister reviewed the project of tourist facilities and peripheral being developed by the Indian Oil Foundation Trust
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 99.94 per bbl on 19.08.2014
- Min of Power
- PM to Dedicate 765 kV Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat Inter-Regional Transmission Line ;
- Prime Minister to Dedicate Mouda Super Thermal Power Project to the Nation in Nagpur Tomorrow
- Ministry of Tourism
- State Tourism Ministers Conference to be held in New Delhi on 21st August 2014
- Min of Urban Development
DDA to Take up Projects to Decongest Five Critical Roads
- Ministry of Water Resources
- 2015-2016 to be Observed as Water Conservation Year
One Uninterrupted Stream of Ganga to be Ensured within Three Years Says Uma Bharti
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- SAI released Rs. 11.27 crore to Hockey India during 2014-15 for various activities against the allocated budget of Rs. 10.50 crore
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting23-September, 2008 18:32 IST
|Shri Dasmunsi releases book on birth centenary of poet ‘Dinakar’|
|As a tribute to the great patriotic poet Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’, the Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi released a book on his birth centenary here today. Titled, ‘Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’: Vyaktitva aur Krititva’ the book is written by well known critic and writer Khagendra Thakur and published by Publications Division of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
The book gives a detailed account of the creative and personal life of this creative visionary. The author has analytically described his political, social and cultural vision interwoven intricately with the threads of the then ongoing struggle for independence.
Shri Dasmunsi said on the occasion “our poets and writers were the torch bearers of our national movement. Dinkar, the bard of Indian nationalism was in the forefront of such luminaries”. He said, “the author has captured the essence of Dinkar’s writing and I congratulate him for this piece of work.” Hailing from a remote part of Bihar, the poet contributed enormously to the on-going freedom movement through his inspirational writings, the Minister added. He further mentioned, when the nation remembers him on the occasion of his birth centenary, the Publications Division of Information & Broadcasting Ministry has chosen to publish a book on this great poet as a token of remembrance. Dinkar’s fearless nationalistic poetry compiled in the collections like Hunkar and Sanchayita as well as the epics like Kurukshetra and Rashmirathi awakened the national spirit. He was a poet of human relations and metaphysics too. For one such work ‘Urvashi’, he received the most prestigious Jnanapeeth award.
In the function, Smt Sushma Singh, Secretary, Ministry of I & B released the special edition of the Publications Division’s literary magazine Ajkal, dedicated to the poet Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’. Ajkal is a prestigious monthly publication of the Publications Division in Hindi and Urdu. Smt. Singh remembered the patriotism and nationalism of Dinkar’s writings and said that the Publications Division has continued with the tradition of bringing special issues of Ajkal on persons of literary eminence.
Being published in Hindi and Urdu, these literary journals have a glorious and uninterrupted tradition of more than 60 years. She mentioned that the journey of these two magazines encompassed the literary and cultural history of post independent India. These magazines had the privilege of being edited by literary giants like Josh Malihabadi, Devendra Satyarthi, Manmath Nath Gupta and Chandragupt Vidyalankar.
The Pulications Division has published books on Hindi poets and writers like Meera, Bihari, Soordas, Tulsidas, and recently on Ram Chandra Shukla. In Urdu, they have brought out books on Ghalib, Iqbal and other prominent writers. Beautiful books have been published on the themes of Jaidev’s Geet Govind, Vidyapati and ‘Eye in Art’.
(Release ID :43076)