English Release 31-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India Congratulates DRDO on the Successful Test-Firing of Agni-V
- President’s Message on the Occasion of 38th Anniversary of Indian Coast Guard
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM reviews PaHaL Scheme for Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG Subsidy
- PM salutes our scientists, on the successful test-firing of Agni V missile
- PM gives best wishes to all athletes participating in the 35th National Games
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat Released
- Min of Culture
Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Siri Fort Auditorium amongst the top 50 auditoriums for cinema viewing in India- Col Rajyavardhan Rathore
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- 18th National Conference on e-Governance concludes in Gandhinagar
- ACC Appointments
- Ministry of Tourism
- Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Tribal Afairs Ministers Felicitates Tribal Guests and the Tableaux Artistes & Supporting Staff, who had Participated in this Year’s Republic Day Parade
- Min of Urban Development
- Speech made by the Hon’ble Union Minister for Urban Development at the Inauguration of 35th National Games in Kerala on 31st January, 2015
- States show the way forward on building smart cities
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting23-September, 2008 18:32 IST
|Shri Dasmunsi releases book on birth centenary of poet ‘Dinakar’|
|As a tribute to the great patriotic poet Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’, the Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi released a book on his birth centenary here today. Titled, ‘Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’: Vyaktitva aur Krititva’ the book is written by well known critic and writer Khagendra Thakur and published by Publications Division of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
The book gives a detailed account of the creative and personal life of this creative visionary. The author has analytically described his political, social and cultural vision interwoven intricately with the threads of the then ongoing struggle for independence.
Shri Dasmunsi said on the occasion “our poets and writers were the torch bearers of our national movement. Dinkar, the bard of Indian nationalism was in the forefront of such luminaries”. He said, “the author has captured the essence of Dinkar’s writing and I congratulate him for this piece of work.” Hailing from a remote part of Bihar, the poet contributed enormously to the on-going freedom movement through his inspirational writings, the Minister added. He further mentioned, when the nation remembers him on the occasion of his birth centenary, the Publications Division of Information & Broadcasting Ministry has chosen to publish a book on this great poet as a token of remembrance. Dinkar’s fearless nationalistic poetry compiled in the collections like Hunkar and Sanchayita as well as the epics like Kurukshetra and Rashmirathi awakened the national spirit. He was a poet of human relations and metaphysics too. For one such work ‘Urvashi’, he received the most prestigious Jnanapeeth award.
In the function, Smt Sushma Singh, Secretary, Ministry of I & B released the special edition of the Publications Division’s literary magazine Ajkal, dedicated to the poet Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinakar’. Ajkal is a prestigious monthly publication of the Publications Division in Hindi and Urdu. Smt. Singh remembered the patriotism and nationalism of Dinkar’s writings and said that the Publications Division has continued with the tradition of bringing special issues of Ajkal on persons of literary eminence.
Being published in Hindi and Urdu, these literary journals have a glorious and uninterrupted tradition of more than 60 years. She mentioned that the journey of these two magazines encompassed the literary and cultural history of post independent India. These magazines had the privilege of being edited by literary giants like Josh Malihabadi, Devendra Satyarthi, Manmath Nath Gupta and Chandragupt Vidyalankar.
The Pulications Division has published books on Hindi poets and writers like Meera, Bihari, Soordas, Tulsidas, and recently on Ram Chandra Shukla. In Urdu, they have brought out books on Ghalib, Iqbal and other prominent writers. Beautiful books have been published on the themes of Jaidev’s Geet Govind, Vidyapati and ‘Eye in Art’.
(Release ID :43076)