English Release 28-November 2014
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Cyber Security Violations
- Ministry of Finance
- India Signs Agreement with ADB for a Loan of Us $100 Million to Support Kerala’s Additional Skill Acquisition Program; 2,35,000 Needy Students in Kerala to be Benefited under the Program during 2014-2018
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Healthcare Services in North-Eastern Region
- Essential Drugs
- Allocation of Funds Under NRHM
- Financial Assistance for Health Sectors in the Country
- Ban on Testing of Cosmetics on Animals
- Funds Allocation for Strengthening Health Care System Under National Health Mission
- Steps taken to Curb Adulteration in Food Items
- Steps Taken to Modernise CGHS Centres
- Decline in Death due to Rabies
- Taxation on Beedis and Cigarettes
- Setting up new AIIMS like Institutes under PMSSY
- Universal Immunization Programme
- Upgradation of Medical Colleges Under PMSSY
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MOU between India and Mozambique on cooperation in the field of Oil and Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 72.51 per bbl on 27.11.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Round the Clock All India Security Helpline ‘1800-111-322’ for Train Passengers is Operational
- Railways allow PPP in Computerized Passenger Reservation System
- 3289 Coaches Manufactured by Railway Production Units during 2013-14
- Religious Circuit Trains to Connect more Pilgrimage Places
- Min of Urban Development
- Do smart cities protect interests of children?
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on November 27, 2014
Ministry of Commerce & Industry05-November, 2008 14:32 IST
|CMIE to compile new series of IIP Data|
|The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has entered into an agreement with CMIE to collect production data for compiling the new series of Index of Industrial Production (IIP). The current series of IIP which is based on 1993-94 as base year is fast becoming outdated and DIPP has taken steps to compile the new series with a more recent base year.
Production data relating to 209 products is compiled by DIPP for the IIP. The remaining data is collected by the Central Statistical Organization (CSO) from other agencies. The IIP is generated by the CSO based on the data provided by the various source agencies. The DIPP is the single largest source of data for the IIP. The renewed effort of the DIPP utilizing the services of CMIE could facilitate the release of the new IIP series at an early date.
CMIE has a nationwide branch network for collection of corporate sector data relating to Industrial Production. Earlier too DIPP had utilized the services of CMIE between 2002 and 2007.
The DIPP has authorized CMIE to collect production statistics on its behalf. It is imperative that business enterprises cooperate with the government and CMIE in sharing its production statistics on a regular basis. CMIE shall, however ensure the safety and confidentiality of the information so collected and it would not make public or reveal to any person or organization other than DIPP, the information it collects from industrial units.
(Release ID :44534)