English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Commerce & Industry05-November, 2008 14:32 IST
|CMIE to compile new series of IIP Data|
|The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has entered into an agreement with CMIE to collect production data for compiling the new series of Index of Industrial Production (IIP). The current series of IIP which is based on 1993-94 as base year is fast becoming outdated and DIPP has taken steps to compile the new series with a more recent base year.
Production data relating to 209 products is compiled by DIPP for the IIP. The remaining data is collected by the Central Statistical Organization (CSO) from other agencies. The IIP is generated by the CSO based on the data provided by the various source agencies. The DIPP is the single largest source of data for the IIP. The renewed effort of the DIPP utilizing the services of CMIE could facilitate the release of the new IIP series at an early date.
CMIE has a nationwide branch network for collection of corporate sector data relating to Industrial Production. Earlier too DIPP had utilized the services of CMIE between 2002 and 2007.
The DIPP has authorized CMIE to collect production statistics on its behalf. It is imperative that business enterprises cooperate with the government and CMIE in sharing its production statistics on a regular basis. CMIE shall, however ensure the safety and confidentiality of the information so collected and it would not make public or reveal to any person or organization other than DIPP, the information it collects from industrial units.
(Release ID :44534)