English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys greetings on United Nations Day
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- DIPP Constitutes IPR Think Tank to Draft National Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Min of Defence
- Brave Heart NCC Cadets Rescue Middle Aged Woman
from River Yamuna
- Ministry of Finance
- Government approves Twenty (20) Proposals of Foreign Direct Investment amounting to Rs 988.3 Crore
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Commerce & Industry05-November, 2008 14:32 IST
|CMIE to compile new series of IIP Data|
|The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has entered into an agreement with CMIE to collect production data for compiling the new series of Index of Industrial Production (IIP). The current series of IIP which is based on 1993-94 as base year is fast becoming outdated and DIPP has taken steps to compile the new series with a more recent base year.
Production data relating to 209 products is compiled by DIPP for the IIP. The remaining data is collected by the Central Statistical Organization (CSO) from other agencies. The IIP is generated by the CSO based on the data provided by the various source agencies. The DIPP is the single largest source of data for the IIP. The renewed effort of the DIPP utilizing the services of CMIE could facilitate the release of the new IIP series at an early date.
CMIE has a nationwide branch network for collection of corporate sector data relating to Industrial Production. Earlier too DIPP had utilized the services of CMIE between 2002 and 2007.
The DIPP has authorized CMIE to collect production statistics on its behalf. It is imperative that business enterprises cooperate with the government and CMIE in sharing its production statistics on a regular basis. CMIE shall, however ensure the safety and confidentiality of the information so collected and it would not make public or reveal to any person or organization other than DIPP, the information it collects from industrial units.
(Release ID :44534)