English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Defence20-December, 2008 15:35 IST
|Antony clears several proposals to augment coastal security|
|The Defence Minister Shri AK Antony, today reviewed in detail all aspects relating to coastal security at a high-level meeting here attended among others by the Defence Secretary Shri Vijay Singh, Director General of Indian Coast Guard Vice Admiral Anil Chopra and the Director General Acquisition Shri SK Sharma. The deployment of Coast Guard assets to protect vulnerable areas in the context of the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai was discussed. It was decided to deploy additional ships and aircraft in these areas.
The Coast Guard was asked to lease or hire ships from the Global Market in the quickest possible time to meet shortages. Approval was accorded for global acquisition of cutting-edge equipment and interceptor boats on a fast-track basis. The meeting also decided to set up nine additional Coast Guard Stations and a proposal for the same will be sent for Cabinet approval at the earliest. In another major decision, Shri Antony asked the Coast Guard to coordinate with State Governments for electronic identification of all vessels entering Indian Waters. The meeting also gave clearance for Radar coverage of the entire coastline and a scheme for the same will soon be worked out in consultation with the Ministry of Shipping.
Shri Antony asked the Coast Guard to coordinate with the Indian Navy and intelligence agencies for sharing of information.
(Release ID :45966)