English Release 21-October 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM to be in Srinagar on Diwali, 23rd October; will spend the day with flood-affected people
- PM salutes the bravery of our policemen on Police Commemoration Day
- PM greets the nation on Dhanteras
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- Merger of National Spot Exchange Limited
- Google Case
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production During August 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.12 per bbl on 20.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 2 Gold, 1silver & 3 Bronze at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 20th October, 2014
Ministry of Defence20-December, 2008 15:35 IST
|Antony clears several proposals to augment coastal security|
|The Defence Minister Shri AK Antony, today reviewed in detail all aspects relating to coastal security at a high-level meeting here attended among others by the Defence Secretary Shri Vijay Singh, Director General of Indian Coast Guard Vice Admiral Anil Chopra and the Director General Acquisition Shri SK Sharma. The deployment of Coast Guard assets to protect vulnerable areas in the context of the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai was discussed. It was decided to deploy additional ships and aircraft in these areas.
The Coast Guard was asked to lease or hire ships from the Global Market in the quickest possible time to meet shortages. Approval was accorded for global acquisition of cutting-edge equipment and interceptor boats on a fast-track basis. The meeting also decided to set up nine additional Coast Guard Stations and a proposal for the same will be sent for Cabinet approval at the earliest. In another major decision, Shri Antony asked the Coast Guard to coordinate with State Governments for electronic identification of all vessels entering Indian Waters. The meeting also gave clearance for Radar coverage of the entire coastline and a scheme for the same will soon be worked out in consultation with the Ministry of Shipping.
Shri Antony asked the Coast Guard to coordinate with the Indian Navy and intelligence agencies for sharing of information.
(Release ID :45966)