English Release 24-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- We must find answers for reversing the degradation of values, says President
- President’s Buddha Purnima Greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Buddha Purnima
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister’s Speech at SEBI’s Silver Jubilee Celebration
- PM Greets the Nation on Buddha Purnima
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 60 Lakh Hectare
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- NIELIT, Srinagar will contribute to the growth of J&K, Dr. Killi Kruparani
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram – Saving Mothers and Newborns
- Azad concludes two-day visit to Sweden
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Block Institutes of Teachers Education to be Established in 196 SC/ST/Minority Concentrated Districts
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Press Note
- Petroleum Ministry Refutes allegations regarding Proposed Gas Price Revision
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of April, 2013
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines sharply to
99.37/US$ bbl on 23.5.2013
- Min of Power
- Hindi Advisory Committee of Ministry of Power for effective implementation of Official Language
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (as on 25 April 2013)
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Financial assistance from National Sports Development Fund to Mary Kom Regional Boxing Foundation, Imphal
Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of States And Union Territories in-Charge of Sports & Youth Affairs Begins in New Delhi
- Planning Commission
UIDAI launches Aadhaar based Iris Authentication, eKYC, One Time PIN New Services and Permanent Enrolment Centres
Ministry of Defence02-February, 2009 16:31 IST
|Seventh Edition of Aero India will be the biggest ever|
| The 7th Edition of Aero India, Asia’s premier Air Show, will be held in Bengaluru from February 11 to 15, 2009. In size and number, this is going to be the biggest air show, hosted by India, so far. Organised by the Ministry of Defence and managed by the Confederation of Indian Industry(CII), the Air Show will be inaugurated by the Defence Minister Shri AK Antony on February 11 at Air Force Station Yelahanka, Bengaluru, |
Aero India has already carved a niche for itself globally as a premier aerospace exhibition, with six successful editions organized between 1996 and 2007.The show aims at bringing under one roof, exhibitors from all around the globe to showcase the best in aviation. Aero India includes both flight and static displays of a wide range of civil and military aircrafts from leading manufacturers, vendors and suppliers.
India’s opening up of the defence sector to foreign direct investment, the ongoing modernization plan of its Armed Forces and enormous new opportunities in the civil aviation sector have opened innumerable new avenues for investment. Aero India 2009 will provide an ideal window of opportunity for companies to not only network with the Indian Industry but also to benefit from the sharing of expertise in the fields of R & D production and product support with other global players. Aero India 2009 will showcase the latest in the field of Military and Civil aircrafts, vital components for aircraft engines, avionics systems & sub systems, airfield radars and new age technologies used in the defence sector.
592 exhibitors from 25 countries will participate at the show. Of them 303 are from overseas and 289 from home. The participating countries include UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Italy, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands and Ukraine. China will be participating at this year’s Air Show for the first time.
A number of aircraft including F-16, F-18, MiG-35D, Eurofighter, IJT, Dhruv, Hawk, C-17, Embraer 135 business jet Legacy 600, C-130J, Citation XLS,G 550, AN-12 Cargo and A-310 MRTT will be on display. Flight displays will be between 1000-1200 hrs and 1430-1630 hrs.
Defence Ministers from as many as eight countries will converge on Bengaluru for the show. The countries are France, Peru, Bolivia, Surinam, Mongolia, Oman and Maldives. Besides high level delegations from 40 countries will witness the Show.
There would be some new dimensions to the Aero India 2009. These include business to business meetings and human resource focused activities, apart from a space pavilion. There will be structured business to business meetings to offer maximum business opportunities to participants. To expose Indian human resource potential in Aero Space Sector, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras and also various other engineering colleges will display student based project in Aero Space Sector. Information will be shared, which will focus on giving exposure to students from Class 3 to Class 12 on various aspects of aviation in the form of dummy display and video clippings. About 200 students from Municipal to Corporate schools in Bangalore will be given exposure everyday during the entire duration of the show.
550 sq meter space pavilion is being set up by ISRO, which would be located along with the Human Resource Pavilion in exhibition area. There will be 40,000 Sq Meter of indoor display and another 4,000 Sq Meter outdoor display. To facilitate easy purchase of tickets, 24 locations at SBI outlets and Café Coffee Day have been selected in Bangalore.
(Release ID :47173)