English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Railways02-February, 2009 20:39 IST
|S.S.Khurana takes over as Chairman, Railway Board|
|Shri S.S. Khurana has taken over as the new Chairman, Railway Board and ex-officio Principal Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of Railways, here today. Prior to this he has been holding the post of Member (Staff), Railway Board since 28th December 2007. Born in the year 1950, Shri Khurana did Electrical Engineering from University of Roorkee (Now IIT/Roorkee).
As officer of 1971 batch of the Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineering (IRSEE), Shri Khurana worked in various capacities in Indian Railways. He also served as General Manager, East Coast Railway, General Manager/Eastern Railway, Additional General Manager, Northeast Frontier Railway, Chief Electrical Engineer in the Central Organization for Railway Electrification (CORE), Allahabad, Divisional Railway Manager, Adra (SER), Additional Divisional Railway Manager, Dhanbad, Chief Project Manager, Railway Electrification at Ambala and has also worked in the research and design aspects of electric locomotives in the Research, Design & Standards organization, Lucknow.
He has also received valuable experience in foreign training in Sweden, Japan and USA. He has also attended Advance Leadership Programme at Stern Business School, New York, USA.
(Release ID :47188)