English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Railways02-February, 2009 20:39 IST
|S.S.Khurana takes over as Chairman, Railway Board|
|Shri S.S. Khurana has taken over as the new Chairman, Railway Board and ex-officio Principal Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of Railways, here today. Prior to this he has been holding the post of Member (Staff), Railway Board since 28th December 2007. Born in the year 1950, Shri Khurana did Electrical Engineering from University of Roorkee (Now IIT/Roorkee).
As officer of 1971 batch of the Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineering (IRSEE), Shri Khurana worked in various capacities in Indian Railways. He also served as General Manager, East Coast Railway, General Manager/Eastern Railway, Additional General Manager, Northeast Frontier Railway, Chief Electrical Engineer in the Central Organization for Railway Electrification (CORE), Allahabad, Divisional Railway Manager, Adra (SER), Additional Divisional Railway Manager, Dhanbad, Chief Project Manager, Railway Electrification at Ambala and has also worked in the research and design aspects of electric locomotives in the Research, Design & Standards organization, Lucknow.
He has also received valuable experience in foreign training in Sweden, Japan and USA. He has also attended Advance Leadership Programme at Stern Business School, New York, USA.
(Release ID :47188)