English Release 19-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys best wishes to people of Goa, on Goa Liberation Day
- PM condoles the passing away of eminent Gandhian Shri Chunibhai Vaidya
- Min of Defence
- Chairman COSC & CAS Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha leaves
for a two day visit to Mumbai
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Report of the High Level Committee headed by Shri T.S.R. Subramanian to review various Acts administered by Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency Relating to Imported and Export Goods Notified
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.22 per bbl on 18.12.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on December 18, 2014
Ministry of Railways02-February, 2009 20:39 IST
|S.S.Khurana takes over as Chairman, Railway Board|
|Shri S.S. Khurana has taken over as the new Chairman, Railway Board and ex-officio Principal Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of Railways, here today. Prior to this he has been holding the post of Member (Staff), Railway Board since 28th December 2007. Born in the year 1950, Shri Khurana did Electrical Engineering from University of Roorkee (Now IIT/Roorkee).
As officer of 1971 batch of the Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineering (IRSEE), Shri Khurana worked in various capacities in Indian Railways. He also served as General Manager, East Coast Railway, General Manager/Eastern Railway, Additional General Manager, Northeast Frontier Railway, Chief Electrical Engineer in the Central Organization for Railway Electrification (CORE), Allahabad, Divisional Railway Manager, Adra (SER), Additional Divisional Railway Manager, Dhanbad, Chief Project Manager, Railway Electrification at Ambala and has also worked in the research and design aspects of electric locomotives in the Research, Design & Standards organization, Lucknow.
He has also received valuable experience in foreign training in Sweden, Japan and USA. He has also attended Advance Leadership Programme at Stern Business School, New York, USA.
(Release ID :47188)