English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys greetings on United Nations Day
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- DIPP Constitutes IPR Think Tank to Draft National Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Min of Defence
- Brave Heart NCC Cadets Rescue Middle Aged Woman
from River Yamuna
- Ministry of Finance
- Government approves Twenty (20) Proposals of Foreign Direct Investment amounting to Rs 988.3 Crore
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Modified DBTL Scheme
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Home Affairs18-February, 2009 16:13 IST
|Policy for Solving Insurgency Problem in NE|
| Rajya Sabha |
The Union Government is supplementing the efforts of the State Governments in undertaking sustained counter insurgency operations against elements who indulge in violence and anti-national activities. At the same time, Government has always been willing to talk to any outfit provided it is willing to abjure violence and come forward for discussions within the framework of the Indian constitution.
The Centre Government has entered into Suspension of Operations (SoO)/Cease Fire arrangements with National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Isac/Muivah) [NSCN/IM] and National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) [NSCN/K] in Nagaland; United People’s Democratic Solidarity (UPDS), Dima Halam Daogah (DHD) and National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) in Assam; Kuki National Organization and United People’s Front and its constituents in Manipur; and Achik National Volunteer Council (ANVC) in Meghalaya.
Dialogue with NSCN (I/M) on their charter of demands is continuing at the level of Group of Ministers (GoM). NSCN (K) has not submitted their charter of demands. NDFB has recently agreed to submit its demands within the framework of Indian Constitution. Tripartite discussions on the demands of DHD are continuing. ULFA has not yet come forward for talks. However, two Coys of United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA), who have declared unilateral ceasefire, have also not yet submitted their demands. A Memorandum of Settlement (MoS) has been signed with National Liberation Front of Tripura (Nayanbasi) [NLFT(NB)] in December 2004. However, National Liberation Front of Tripura (Biswamohan Debbarma) [NLFT/BM] has not yet come forward for talks.
Tripartite discussions on the demands of the outfits are continuing and it would be premature to disclose the details at this stage.
This information was given by Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Smt. Radhika V. Selvi in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today .
(Release ID :47616)