English Release 31-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India Congratulates DRDO on the Successful Test-Firing of Agni-V
- President’s Message on the Occasion of 38th Anniversary of Indian Coast Guard
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM reviews PaHaL Scheme for Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG Subsidy
- PM salutes our scientists, on the successful test-firing of Agni V missile
- PM gives best wishes to all athletes participating in the 35th National Games
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat Released
- Min of Culture
Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Siri Fort Auditorium amongst the top 50 auditoriums for cinema viewing in India- Col Rajyavardhan Rathore
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- 18th National Conference on e-Governance concludes in Gandhinagar
- ACC Appointments
- Ministry of Tourism
- Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Tribal Afairs Ministers Felicitates Tribal Guests and the Tableaux Artistes & Supporting Staff, who had Participated in this Year’s Republic Day Parade
- Min of Urban Development
- Speech made by the Hon’ble Union Minister for Urban Development at the Inauguration of 35th National Games in Kerala on 31st January, 2015
- States show the way forward on building smart cities
Ministry of Home Affairs18-February, 2009 16:13 IST
|Policy for Solving Insurgency Problem in NE|
| Rajya Sabha |
The Union Government is supplementing the efforts of the State Governments in undertaking sustained counter insurgency operations against elements who indulge in violence and anti-national activities. At the same time, Government has always been willing to talk to any outfit provided it is willing to abjure violence and come forward for discussions within the framework of the Indian constitution.
The Centre Government has entered into Suspension of Operations (SoO)/Cease Fire arrangements with National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Isac/Muivah) [NSCN/IM] and National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) [NSCN/K] in Nagaland; United People’s Democratic Solidarity (UPDS), Dima Halam Daogah (DHD) and National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) in Assam; Kuki National Organization and United People’s Front and its constituents in Manipur; and Achik National Volunteer Council (ANVC) in Meghalaya.
Dialogue with NSCN (I/M) on their charter of demands is continuing at the level of Group of Ministers (GoM). NSCN (K) has not submitted their charter of demands. NDFB has recently agreed to submit its demands within the framework of Indian Constitution. Tripartite discussions on the demands of DHD are continuing. ULFA has not yet come forward for talks. However, two Coys of United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA), who have declared unilateral ceasefire, have also not yet submitted their demands. A Memorandum of Settlement (MoS) has been signed with National Liberation Front of Tripura (Nayanbasi) [NLFT(NB)] in December 2004. However, National Liberation Front of Tripura (Biswamohan Debbarma) [NLFT/BM] has not yet come forward for talks.
Tripartite discussions on the demands of the outfits are continuing and it would be premature to disclose the details at this stage.
This information was given by Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Smt. Radhika V. Selvi in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today .
(Release ID :47616)