English Release 1-February 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates Leander Paes for winning the Australian Open Mixed Doubles title
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates Indian Tennis Player, Leander Paes on the Mixed Doubles win at Australian Open
- PM salutes coast guard personnel on 38th Raising Day of Indian Coast Guard
- Department of Space
- Indian Space scientists working on new breakthroughs: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Culture
- The 17th Bharat Rang Mahotsav organized by NSD begins
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Centre closely monitoring situation on H1N1, all assistance extended to states: Sh J P Nadda
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Raahgiri Day for the Persons with Disabilities Held
Ministry of Civil Aviation12-June, 2009 12:38 IST
|Domestic Passengers carried by Indian Scheduled Airlines in the Month of May, 2009|
|The total domestic passengers carried by the Scheduled Airlines of India in the month of May, 2009 was 39.29 lakhs. The total passengers carried by domestic airlines in the month of April, 2009 was 33.15 lakhs. Passengers carried by domestic airlines from Jan-May, 2009 were 173.34 lakhs as against 194.11 lakhs in the corresponding period of 2008 thereby registering a negative growth of – 10.70%. The break-up for the month of May, 2009 is as follows:
Air India (Domestic) – 6.90 lakhs, Jet Airways –6.16 lakhs, Jet Lite – 2.96 lakhs, Kingfisher – 10.10 lakhs, Spice Jet – 4.96 lakhs, Paramount – 0.82 lakhs, Go Air – 1.88 lakhs, IndiGo – 5.40 lakhs.
Market share of all the scheduled domestic airlines has either remained almost same or marginally increased/decreased as compared to April 2009. The percentage share of the carriers in the month of May, 2009 was:
Air India (Domestic) 17.6%, Jet Airways – 15.7%, Jet Lite – 7.5%, Kingfisher –25.7%, Spice Jet – 12.6%, Paramount – 2.1%, Go Air – 4.8% and IndiGo – 13.7%.
The seat factors of the domestic airlines in the month of May, 2009 was:
Air India (Domestic) – 69.1%, Jet Airways – 69.2%, JetLite – 77.4%, Kingfisher Airlines – 72.9%, Spice Jet – 79.1%, Paramount Airways – 89.4%, Go Air – 84.2% and IndiGo – 85.1%.
(Release ID :49155)