English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers26-June, 2009 17:19 IST
|100 Days Plan of Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers|
|A. DEPARTMENT OF FERTILIZER|
(1) UPGRADATION OF FERTILIZER MONITORING SYSTEM
Fertilizer Monitoring System (FMS) will be upgraded to ensure timely availability of fertilizers and quick disbursal of subsidy.
(2) REVIVAL CLOSED UREA UNITS
Various feasible options for revival of closed units of Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Limited and Fertilizers Corporation of India will be generated before 30th August, 2009.
(3) RESTRUCTURING OF SICK PSUs i.e. FACT, MFL etc.
A roadmap to make these units profit making ventures will be prepared through financial restructuring, modernization, conversion of feedstock to gas etc.
(4) INVESTMENT POLICY FOR PROMOTING INDIGENOUS PRODUCTION IN UREA AND P&K SECTOR
Investment policy in urea and P&K sectors will be revisited and a comprehensive policy will be drafted to attract investments in these sectors.
(5) AMENDMENTS TO NEW PRICING SCHEME STAGE III (NPS-III)
There is a need to amend certain provisions of the New Pricing Scheme Stage-III (NPS-III) for Urea in order to address the concerns of the industry. Accordingly, as per the decision of CCEA, modified NPS III would be implemented.
(6) MODIFICATION IN CERTAIN ELEMENTS OF THE CONCESSION SCHEME FOR P&K FERTILIZERS w.e.f. 1st APRIL 2009
Concession Scheme for P&K fertilizers w.e.f. 1.4.2008 is continuing. However, in the implementation of the scheme, it has been observed that certain modifications are required to modify methodology of costing and price adjustments. As approved by CCEA, all these modifications would be implemented.
(7) CONTINUATION OF CONCESSION SCHEME FOR SSP w.e.f. 1st May 2009
Concession scheme for SSP approved by the Government w.e.f. 1st May 2008 is in effect up to 30th June 2009. The matter of continuation of the scheme of concession for SSP w.e.f 1st July 2009 onwards shall be submitted to CCEA and finalized.
B. DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICALS AND PETRO-CHEMICALS
(1) World class investment hubs in the chemicals and Petrochemicals sectors through provision of state of the art infrastructure under the Petroleum Chemicals and Petrochemicals Investment Region Policy (PCPIR) are proposed to the established in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and West Bengal. Memorandum of Agreement with each of these States will be signed before 30th August, 2009.
(2) CIPET Centre at Jaipur will be made functional before 30th August 2009.
(3) Plastic waste management centre at Guwahati will start functioning.
(4) To ensure speedy implementation of the Assam Gas Cracker Project, enhanced financial outlay will be provided.
(5) To promote reprocessing of plastic waste, a note of the COS will be prepared on various facts of plastic waste re-processing.
C. DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICALS
(a) MEDICINES AVAILABILITY
(1) Affordable medicines for all: To decide Policy Initiatives and Action Plan to provide all types of medicines at affordable prices used by common people throughout the country.
(2) Formulation of New Pharma Policy: For holistic development of Pharma industry and ensure availability of essential medicines for major diseases, for all.
(3) Revival of Indian Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited: To utilize idle capacity and locked investment in the public sector for production and availability of essential medicines and of mass consumption for all.
(b) RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INCLUDING HUMAN RESOURCE
(1) Cabinet clearance for full Operationalisation of 6 new National Institutes of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPERS).
(2) A comprehensive plan for creation of infrastructure facilities for R&D sector and improvement of manpower skills in the Pharma Sector.
(Release ID :49428)