English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
- Prime Minister confident of a productive Winter Session of Parliament beginning tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers26-June, 2009 17:19 IST
|100 Days Plan of Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers|
|A. DEPARTMENT OF FERTILIZER|
(1) UPGRADATION OF FERTILIZER MONITORING SYSTEM
Fertilizer Monitoring System (FMS) will be upgraded to ensure timely availability of fertilizers and quick disbursal of subsidy.
(2) REVIVAL CLOSED UREA UNITS
Various feasible options for revival of closed units of Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Limited and Fertilizers Corporation of India will be generated before 30th August, 2009.
(3) RESTRUCTURING OF SICK PSUs i.e. FACT, MFL etc.
A roadmap to make these units profit making ventures will be prepared through financial restructuring, modernization, conversion of feedstock to gas etc.
(4) INVESTMENT POLICY FOR PROMOTING INDIGENOUS PRODUCTION IN UREA AND P&K SECTOR
Investment policy in urea and P&K sectors will be revisited and a comprehensive policy will be drafted to attract investments in these sectors.
(5) AMENDMENTS TO NEW PRICING SCHEME STAGE III (NPS-III)
There is a need to amend certain provisions of the New Pricing Scheme Stage-III (NPS-III) for Urea in order to address the concerns of the industry. Accordingly, as per the decision of CCEA, modified NPS III would be implemented.
(6) MODIFICATION IN CERTAIN ELEMENTS OF THE CONCESSION SCHEME FOR P&K FERTILIZERS w.e.f. 1st APRIL 2009
Concession Scheme for P&K fertilizers w.e.f. 1.4.2008 is continuing. However, in the implementation of the scheme, it has been observed that certain modifications are required to modify methodology of costing and price adjustments. As approved by CCEA, all these modifications would be implemented.
(7) CONTINUATION OF CONCESSION SCHEME FOR SSP w.e.f. 1st May 2009
Concession scheme for SSP approved by the Government w.e.f. 1st May 2008 is in effect up to 30th June 2009. The matter of continuation of the scheme of concession for SSP w.e.f 1st July 2009 onwards shall be submitted to CCEA and finalized.
B. DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICALS AND PETRO-CHEMICALS
(1) World class investment hubs in the chemicals and Petrochemicals sectors through provision of state of the art infrastructure under the Petroleum Chemicals and Petrochemicals Investment Region Policy (PCPIR) are proposed to the established in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and West Bengal. Memorandum of Agreement with each of these States will be signed before 30th August, 2009.
(2) CIPET Centre at Jaipur will be made functional before 30th August 2009.
(3) Plastic waste management centre at Guwahati will start functioning.
(4) To ensure speedy implementation of the Assam Gas Cracker Project, enhanced financial outlay will be provided.
(5) To promote reprocessing of plastic waste, a note of the COS will be prepared on various facts of plastic waste re-processing.
C. DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICALS
(a) MEDICINES AVAILABILITY
(1) Affordable medicines for all: To decide Policy Initiatives and Action Plan to provide all types of medicines at affordable prices used by common people throughout the country.
(2) Formulation of New Pharma Policy: For holistic development of Pharma industry and ensure availability of essential medicines for major diseases, for all.
(3) Revival of Indian Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited: To utilize idle capacity and locked investment in the public sector for production and availability of essential medicines and of mass consumption for all.
(b) RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INCLUDING HUMAN RESOURCE
(1) Cabinet clearance for full Operationalisation of 6 new National Institutes of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPERS).
(2) A comprehensive plan for creation of infrastructure facilities for R&D sector and improvement of manpower skills in the Pharma Sector.
(Release ID :49428)