English Release 21-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- VICE PRESIDENT’S ADDRESS AT VALEDICTORY FUNCTION OF CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS OF CATHOLIC ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH KANARA AT MANGALORE
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM welcomes agreement between Afghan leaders Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah
- Transcript of Prime Minister's Interview to CNN
- PM congratulates John Key on re-election as PM of New Zealand
- PM greets Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on his birthday
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Shri Gadkari to Assess Damage to the Roads Due to Floods in J & K
- Min of Rural Development
- Nitin Gadkari to visit Srinagar tomorrow for high level review of relief operations
Ministry of Railways03-July, 2009 14:4 IST
|Multi-Functional Complexes to be Developed in 50 Stations|
|RAILWAY BUDGET 2009-10
The Union Minister of Railways, Kumari Mamata Banerjee has announced the construction of Multi-Functional Complexes (MFCs) in station premises for providing rail users facilities like shopping, food stalls and restaurants. The MFCs will also have book stalls, PCO/STD/ISD/Fax booths, medicine & variety stores, budget hotels, underground parking etc.
Presenting the Railway Budget 2009-10 in the Lok Sabha today, the Union Railway Minister said that during this year, 50 such railway stations would be developed in places of pilgrimage, industry and tourist interest. She said that responsibility for development of Multi-functional Complexes would be entrusted to IRCON and Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA).
The 49 identified stations to be developed as MFCs are: Alipurduar, Allahabad, Anandpur Sahib, Banspani, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Cuttack, Darjeeling, Dehradun, Digha, Durg, Ernakulum, Gandhidham, Ganga Sagar, Ghatsila, Gwalior, Hajur Sahib, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jammu Tawi, Jasidih, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kanyakumari, Kathgodam, Katra, Khajuraho, Madurai, Manmad, Mysore, Nanded, Nasik, Palakkad, Parasnath, Raebareily, Raipur, Rajgir, Rameshwaram, Ranchi, Shirdi, Silchar, Tarapith, Tiruchirapalli, Udaipur, Ujjain, Vadodara and Visakhapatnam.
(Release ID :49651)