English Release 20-August 2014
- Min of Defence
- Port Call INS Sahyadri at Manila, Philippines
- Ministry of Finance
- Public Comments sought on Draft of Forward Contracts (Regulation) (Intermediaries) Rules, 2014
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- PM to Dedicate 765 kV Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat Inter-Regional Transmission Line ;
- Prime Minister to Dedicate Mouda Super Thermal Power Project to the Nation in Nagpur Tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 99.94 per bbl on 19.08.2014
Ministry of Railways03-July, 2009 14:4 IST
|Multi-Functional Complexes to be Developed in 50 Stations|
|RAILWAY BUDGET 2009-10
The Union Minister of Railways, Kumari Mamata Banerjee has announced the construction of Multi-Functional Complexes (MFCs) in station premises for providing rail users facilities like shopping, food stalls and restaurants. The MFCs will also have book stalls, PCO/STD/ISD/Fax booths, medicine & variety stores, budget hotels, underground parking etc.
Presenting the Railway Budget 2009-10 in the Lok Sabha today, the Union Railway Minister said that during this year, 50 such railway stations would be developed in places of pilgrimage, industry and tourist interest. She said that responsibility for development of Multi-functional Complexes would be entrusted to IRCON and Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA).
The 49 identified stations to be developed as MFCs are: Alipurduar, Allahabad, Anandpur Sahib, Banspani, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Cuttack, Darjeeling, Dehradun, Digha, Durg, Ernakulum, Gandhidham, Ganga Sagar, Ghatsila, Gwalior, Hajur Sahib, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jammu Tawi, Jasidih, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kanyakumari, Kathgodam, Katra, Khajuraho, Madurai, Manmad, Mysore, Nanded, Nasik, Palakkad, Parasnath, Raebareily, Raipur, Rajgir, Rameshwaram, Ranchi, Shirdi, Silchar, Tarapith, Tiruchirapalli, Udaipur, Ujjain, Vadodara and Visakhapatnam.
(Release ID :49651)